Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Poll: Cardiff is the best place to live in the UK

Cardiff people - Thinking they're a cut above the rest of Wales kind of makes them the Londoners of Wales. That and the fact that they're insufferable.

All these kind of polls are bullshit, obviously, but.....
Cardiff has a lot going on whilst remaining small enough to be friendly, it's ridiculously green, it's one of the most affordable major cities leaving more money to have fun, it really comes into its own in summer with sea and mountains so close by, so I can see why it does well.

It does need better integrated public transport. That's my major bugbear, I'm car dependant for work here and don't like it.
I can see why it did well in the poll too. Because its competition was Manchester, London, Newcastle, Glasgow and Belfast :facepalm:

Although tbf, I'd have stuck Glasgow at the top out of those six.

I spent 6 months in Swansea and 1 afternoon in Cardiff, were it not for the dragon studios going under receivership we'd have been in Cardiff for the whole series. I'd have LOVED to have been in Cardiff. Lovely city center. Wally's deli was fantastic.

Last edited:
I can see why it did well in the poll too. Because its competition was Manchester, London, Newcastle, Glasgow and Belfast :facepalm:

Although tbf, I'd have stuck Glasgow at the top out of those six.
Tbf, I've had better times in all except Newcastle, which I don't really know

The thread title is entirely accurate, thanks.
The thread title doesn't seem to match with the story you're linking to though :confused:

Cardiff was one of six cities in the UK to be surveyed, alongside London, Glasgow, Belfast, Newcastle-upon-Tyne and Manchester.

It came top out of these six cities in most categories with 92% saying they liked living in the Welsh capital.

The thread title doesn't seem to match with the story you're linking to though :confused:

Cardiff was one of six cities in the UK to be surveyed, alongside London, Glasgow, Belfast, Newcastle-upon-Tyne and Manchester.

It came top out of these six cities in most categories with 92% saying they liked living in the Welsh capital.
I think you'll find there's not quite enough space in the title box to fit all that in, so I gave the gist of the piece, being careful to point out that it was a poll.

Like I said. LOL at the h8rZ.

Oh, and I'm sorry your own city wasn't deemed worthy of a mention. ((( )))

Back
Top Bottom