Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

PM Boris Johnson - monster thread for a monster twat

What's interesting is the number of formerly loyal MPs that are coming against him now, surely Johnson must be doing the maths, knowing only 32 MPs need to change their vote, when they next get one, and he's a goner.

My gut feeling has always been he would cling on until forced out, but I am not so sure now, this is escalating so fast, he may well decide to save some face by resigning rather than losing an embarrassing vote.

My gut feeling has always been he would cling on until forced out, but I am not so sure now, this is escalating so fast, he may well decide to save some face by resigning rather than losing an embarrassing vote.

I think at a certain point (and one that's rapidly approaching) that becomes a bit of an academic distinction doesn't it? He will be basically forced out even if that formally comes as a resignation.

What's interesting is the number of formerly loyal MPs that are coming against him now, surely Johnson must be doing the maths, knowing only 32 MPs need to change their vote, when they next get one, and he's a goner.

This is the man who has embarrassed himself so often and to a far greater degree than any other politician of this embarrassing generation of politicians, who has lied to the Queen, his party, Parliament, allied countries, everyone in this country, people who've employed him. Without ever batting an eyelid. Saving some face is not a motivating factor for him, it's saving his job that he's worried about. I don't think he'll get a column in the telegraph again, he's that toxic. But if he can wait till something turns up he might save his job. And no one ever kept a job by resigning.

Last edited:
This is the man who has embarrassed himself so often and to a far greater degree than any other politician of this embarrassing generation of politicians, who has lied to the Queen, his party, Parliament, allied countries, everyone in this country, people who've employed him. Without ever batting an eyelid. Saving some face is not a motivating factor for him, it's saving his job that he's worried about. I don't think he'll get a column in the telegraph again, he's that toxic. But if he can wait till something turns up he might save his job. And no one ever kept a job by resigning.
Yes, this. And the fact that, as someone who is almost certainly quite a long way along the narcissistic spectrum, his hubris and belief that "normal rules don't apply to me" means that he will simply filter out anything that says going now would be a good thing. I think he'll fight to the bitter end, and spend the rest of whatever time he has left on the planet telling everyone how wrong they were to get rid of him.

If I were him, I’d stay. I mean it’s embarrassing either way this point. Might as well go out fighting. Screaming or whatever. Maintain the delusion at all costs.

Yes, this. And the fact that, as someone who is almost certainly quite a long way along the narcissistic spectrum, his hubris and belief that "normal rules don't apply to me" means that he will simply filter out anything that says going now would be a good thing. I think he'll fight to the bitter end, and spend the rest of whatever time he has left on the planet telling everyone how wrong they were to get rid of him.

Stop the steal

Back
Top Bottom