Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

PM Boris Johnson - monster thread for a monster twat

thanks yeah of course ive heard of these now you say it
So Select Committees publish a report, which the government may respond to by publishing its own paper

Were it not for the outcome of making Twitter videos Id say these are a total waste of time
No, they are good at winkling out details. Members take their work seriously and make an effort to be well informed. Their reports are published. Often their recommendations are taken up. There's not been a lot of research on their effectiveness, or even on what would be a good metric to gauge it, but there's this. The Impact of House of Commons Select Committees

I like seeing the fuckers squirm in these select committee events.
It may not change anything, but the squirming is entertaining, and for me indicates something about character.
That obfuscating geezer saying he takes his responsibilities seriously is about pomposity, ‘do you know who I am?’, annoyance that others don’t know their place because they have the temerity to ask questions.
If anything, the performance of some of the MP’s asking questions in committees makes them appear more reckonable than they usually are in media interviews or in the chamber of the house.

It's true. Thanks to a rule change brought in by...um...Boris Johnson.

Fucking banana republic we're living in. Just without the bananas or the republic.

I for one would love to be able to corner Johnson, and not allow him to leave the room until he was able to explain how signing off on investigations of yourself is not the most fucking corrupt bullshit to ever exist. Explain yourself, you piece of filth.

I for one would love to be able to corner Johnson, and not allow him to leave the room until he was able to explain how signing off on investigations of yourself is not the most fucking corrupt bullshit to ever exist. Explain yourself, you piece of filth.
Its unfortunate that he doesnt give a shit what anyone thinks and will say absolutely anything without any basis in truth at anytime. he is privilege personified.

Its unfortunate that he doesnt give a shit what anyone thinks and will say absolutely anything without any basis in truth at anytime. he is privilege personified.

Sure, but I would at least derive some intellectual satisfaction from hearing his words when outside of his comfort zone. Like the coproliths studied by palaeontologists, being based on shit is no bar to being interesting. I'm sure there's someone out there who could take my place who could make him properly squirm. I'd like to see that.

Sure, but I would at least derive some intellectual satisfaction from hearing his words when outside of his comfort zone. Like the coproliths studied by palaeontologists, being based on shit is no bar to being interesting. I'm sure there's someone out there who could take my place who could make him properly squirm. I'd like to see that.
There is no outside the comfort zone for him because there are no consequences, at least any that have any effect on his life, its water off a ducks back, all just little amusements on his buller buller buller trail to the next entertainment

I very much like the idea of him as a coprolith though

There is no outside the comfort zone for him because there are no consequences, at least any that have any effect on his life, its water off a ducks back, all just little amusements on his buller buller buller trail to the next entertainment

I very much like the idea of him as a coprolith though
I think you'll find johnsonite is a stage between shit and coprolite where the fossilisation process has begin and to the untrained eye it looks like solid compromise but in being handled the contents burst onto the hands of the unwary

I think you'll find johnsonite is a stage between shit and coprolite where the fossilisation process has begin and to the untrained eye it looks like solid compromise but in being handled the contents burst onto the hands of the unwary
Cold stone on the outside, fermented shit within. The perfect description. I hope the penguins can handle that highly acquired taste :)

So what have Private Eye printed about Johnson in their latest issue. “Lurid allegations” apparently? :eek:

So what have Private Eye printed about Johnson in their latest issue. “Lurid allegations” apparently? :eek:

I wonder if it's connected to this?

Two years ago, when BoJo’s now wife and then girlfriend was expecting their baby, Private Eye mocked Big Boris for fathering what was rumored to be his tenth child. Carrie Johnson has now given birth to another child, bringing that number to 11. BoJo has produced enough progeny to form a football (soccer for Americans) team. Now, rumors emerge that the man advised to “lock up [his] willy” might have failed to do so again. This time, his nanny is the lady in question.

Already, BoJo’s nanny has been in the news. Apparently, Conservative donors have been ponying up the cash to pay for his lifestyle. This allegedly includes the salary of the nanny. Early this month, The Times — the real one in London, not The New York Times that is a target of my learned colleague Peter Isackson — asked, “Can Boris Johnson afford to be prime minister?”

I see. Well, as private eye noted, all they’ve accomplished in trying to suppress it is to draw a lot more attention to it, and to all but confirm it must be true. About the normal level of Johnson competence on display there then.

Operation 'Save Big Dog' swings into action, questioning the integrity of the Commons' privileges committee before their investigation properly gets started.

The inquiry into whether Boris Johnson misled Parliament over partygate risks becoming a "kangaroo court", Downing Street sources have claimed.

On Wednesday, allies of the Prime Minister accused the House of Commons' privileges committee of relying on “hearsay evidence”, after MPs ruled that witnesses will be granted anonymity.

They also questioned why Harriet Harman has been allowed to chair the investigation, which could determine Mr Johnson's fate as Prime Minister, despite the Labour grandee suggesting as recently as April that Mr Johnson had lied.

By questioning the integrity of the investigation, it is likely that Downing Street is preparing to challenge any negative findings made by the committee. It also raises the prospect that the Prime Minister would refuse to resign if he is found to have misled Parliament.

Downing Street is already pressing the MPs to allow Mr Johnson to question witnesses, to take legal advice and be heard in person when hearings get under way this autumn.

Operation 'Save Big Dog' swings into action, questioning the integrity of the Commons' privileges committee before their investigation properly gets started.

The johnson lot are copying what the trumpites are saying about the January 6 investigation in America. Hearsay is for courts, it doesn't count in commons committees where they can listen to any evidence they desire. Plus I think Johnson would really struggle to say what hearsay is, so until he can define it he should perhaps shut up about it

I see. Well, as private eye noted, all they’ve accomplished in trying to suppress it is to draw a lot more attention to it, and to all but confirm it must be true. About the normal level of Johnson competence on display there then.

Trouble is Johnson's natural constituency, namely repulsive middle-aged men, will actually be impressed by stories like this. Because it's what they would do if they had enough leverage and thought they could get away with it.

And there are a lot of repulsive middle aged men out there.

Meanwhile, Truss with an eye on the leadership job, has dismissed claims it will be a "kangaroo court".

Liz Truss has dismissed claims an inquiry into whether Boris Johnson lied over Partygate could become a “Kangaroo court”.

It comes after the prime minister’s allies told The Daily Telegraphthey were worried “hearsay evidence” could be used against him, with whistleblowers allowed to give anonymous evidence to the probe.

But Ms Truss said on Thursday morning: “I trust implicitly my parliamentary colleagues to listen properly to the evidence and make the right decision.”

This further probe into Partygate will look at whether Mr Johnson misled parliament over the scandal and was formally launched this week.

It will be led by veteran Labour MP Harriet Harman after a Tory bid to block her from chairing the inquiry failed.

Mr Johnson will have to wait until autumn to face a grilling by the parliamentary inquiry leading the probe.

Back
Top Bottom