Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

PM Boris Johnson - monster thread for a monster twat

That's got to be a bit grim, though, hasn't it? Talk about "damning with faint praise" :D
To be fair universities seem to have done their own thing with grades well into the 1970s, then eventually a common grading system was developed with Oxford grudgingly agreeing to follow it. Cambridge seems to have been a bit more subversive...

Sending a tenner to upgrade your certificate without any study or examination sounds like the kind of thing a dodgy diploma mill would do.

If I could afford to go to uni, I'd stay clear of shitholes like Cambridge and Oxford. "Oh, went to a posho uni did you? How many times did you pay off your tutors for your worthless degree?" Wretches.

The Mrs went to Cambridge, so I just asked her what she had to do for her BSc to turn into an MSc. She just looked at me and said “Stay alive for two years and not get arrested”.

I asked her about the tenner, and she said she may have had to pay it, but she doesn’t remember, as going back for the ceremony to get the MSc awarded cost her far more.

As a bonus though, apparently we can both now spend two nights per year staying for free at her former college. A fact I’ll be sure to bear in mind next time I want to spend two days in the freezing cold wind blowing directly off the north sea.

The Mrs went to Cambridge, so I just asked her what she had to do for her BSc to turn into an MSc. She just looked at me and said “Stay alive for two years and not get arrested”.

I asked her about the tenner, and she said she may have had to pay it, but she doesn’t remember, as going back for the ceremony to get the MSc awarded cost her far more.

As a bonus though, apparently we can both now spend two nights per year staying for free at her former college. A fact I’ll be sure to bear in mind next time I want to spend two days in the freezing cold wind blowing directly off the north sea.
I think my friend got sent his in the post, it wasn't the done thing to go to the ceremony unless you were there anyway iirc.

That school in Coalville where Johnson visited recently? Confirmed Covid-19 case among the staff.

Johnson's a super-spreader, get the menace in a cage and out of circulation before he infects us all.

All undergraduate Cambridge degrees are BA, even the natural science one. Only if you do a 4th year in science (known as Part III of the Tripos) do you then get an MSc. Otherwise it’s a BA. and the BA is converted to an MA after a few years (but it still remains a qualification at level 6 (ie undergraduate) — it’s just a change of name. You don’t have a Masters degree recognised as a level 7 qualification.)

So either you misunderstood your missus or she misremembered exactly what degree she was awarded.

So either you misunderstood your missus or she misremembered exactly what degree she was awarded.

Of course, another alternative might be that I was quickly writing a brief light hearted comment on the Internet intended to add a slight degree of amusement to peoples' lives whilst we all wait for the sweet release of death, and so I didn't think too deeply about writing with specific nomenclaturial accuracy. I dunno, could have been that.

Of course, another alternative might be that I was quickly writing a brief light hearted comment on the Internet intended to add a slight degree of amusement to peoples' lives whilst we all wait for the sweet release of death, and so I didn't think too deeply about writing with specific nomenclaturial accuracy. I dunno, could have been that.
Ok. I only assumed that when you said “I just asked her what she had to do for her BSc to turn into an MSc” that meant that you had just asked her what she had to do for her BSc to turn into an MSc. My mistake.

Is that a bottle of Absolut vodka on the desk? FFS, even I remain professional when at work...
There’s also a single use throwaway cup. I liked the bit where he said they’re coming back greener. I like this because I like the DIY punk aesthetic of the current government. It’s so mediocre it’s untrue. It reminds me of being in 6th form. When I failed all my a levels. But I did do a funny Christmas sketch for drama.

I like this because I like the DIY punk aesthetic of the current government. It’s so mediocre it’s untrue.
Well yeah, but a) this lot are the sort of privileged posh boys who looked down on the punks with elitist, sneering disdain, and b) punk was both good fun, and at least had some decent end product!

Well yeah, but a) this lot are the sort of privileged posh boys who looked down on the punks with elitist, sneering disdain, and b) punk was both good fun, and at least had some decent end product!

I'm reminded of when The Stranglers were booked to play at some Young Conservative dance in the late 70s, presumably either by someone who knew nothing about them or someone having a laugh. Reputedly they walked on stage and said, 'You're not gonna like us so you might as well all fuck off now.'

I'm reminded of when The Stranglers were booked to play at some Young Conservative dance in the late 70s, presumably either by someone who knew nothing about them or someone having a laugh. Reputedly they walked on stage and said, 'You're not gonna like us so you might as well all fuck off now.'
oh well played Mr Cornwell!:D

Back
Top Bottom