Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Palestine solidarity demos in the UK

why would I support this? A video of the rally at the Clock Tower on Sunday shows Hanin Barghouti, an elected women’s officer at the University of Sussex’s students’ union, telling a crowd of people that the attacks on Israel were “beautiful and inspiring to see”.
sew the storm reap the whirlwind

Hamas launched a massacre of civillians inculding rape and then seems suprised when its heavily armed neighbour hits back with all the latetest death tech at its disposal?
what excatly did they think was going to happen?
A call for a ceasefire is falling on deaf ears as Israel doesnt give a fuck about international views it learned a long time ago that it cant rely on international law or support.
NEVER AGAIN is not just motto
How much retribution is good/enough for you?

why would I support this? A video of the rally at the Clock Tower on Sunday shows Hanin Barghouti, an elected women’s officer at the University of Sussex’s students’ union, telling a crowd of people that the attacks on Israel were “beautiful and inspiring to see”.

Hamas launched a massacre of civillians inculding rape and then seems suprised when its heavily armed neighbour hits back with all the latetest death tech at its disposal?
A call for a ceasefire is falling on deaf ears as Israel doesnt give a fuck about international views it learned a long time ago that it cant rely on international law or support.
It's not a motto, it's merely a slogan as you'd know if you had read Samantha power's book about the United States and genocide. Maybe you think Jewish lives are worth more than eg tutsi or Palestinian ones

I wasn't asking you if you supported this , I was asking if you'd been on any demonstrations or vigils. You could, for example, have attended a vigil for the hostages or a vigil for all those killed on both sides you could have attended the counter protests against those calling for a ceasefire or you could be intending to go on the march against anti semitism this weekend.

Btw I don't think anyone thinks that Hamas were surprised at Israel's response, think it's more the case that Israel were surprised at Hamas's response.

A video of the rally at the Clock Tower on Sunday shows Hanin Barghouti, an elected women’s officer at the University of Sussex’s students’ union, telling a crowd of people that the attacks on Israel were “beautiful and inspiring to see”.
The video of Barghouti was on Sunday 8th of October. She was arrested soon after, after said video went viral, & has has subsequently been charged under the Terrorism Act 2000. She appeared in front of Westminster magistrates Friday just gone, pleaded not guilty & will appear at the Old Bailey on 8th December next month.

Just for the info like.

I think these rallies are good but I also think they should be calling for the end of Hamas too. Palestinians cannot do that as they are fearing for their lives, if not from Israel attacks, but attacks from Hamas. At least in the UK we can safely protest the end of Hamas and to call for a ceasefire.

JJ

On what basis do you think Palestinians want end to Hamas?

Listening to a C4 news reporter while back just after the Hamas attack and when Israel had started bombing he reckoned if new elections held then the vote would be split between Hamas and Fatah.

I don't see how you can say this

Israel has had plenty of international support. Even in evidence now. Biden for example.

On international law. Israel has had an easy ride for whole of it's existence.

Thats because its been winning if it loses they get genocided and the world will wash its hand like every other fucking genocide :mad:. Ok kosovo the world acted finally to stop greated serbia version 3.0

Just a reminder that the big Palestine Action conspiracy trial starts tomorrow, scheduled for six weeks, sounds like a really important one to get down for if people can make it:
My friends daughter is on trial as one of the 8 so I'm following this closely.
CPS and defence hadnt agreed charges by close of play Friday. Seems unclear whether they'll be able to use preventing greater crime defence.

The video of Barghouti was on Sunday 8th of October. She was arrested soon after, after said video went viral, & has has subsequently been charged under the Terrorism Act 2000. She appeared in front of Westminster magistrates Friday just gone, pleaded not guilty & will appear at the Old Bailey on 8th December next month.

Just for the info like.
Let us not put facts in the way of an incoherent bash on the keyboards

Thats because its been winning if it loses they get genocided and the world will wash its hand like every other fucking genocide :mad:.
Hmmm, I wonder if anyone can think of any contemporary examples of a genocide that the world seems to be washing its hands of? Real head-scratcher, that one.
On what basis do you think Palestinians want end to Hamas?

Listening to a C4 news reporter while back just after the Hamas attack and when Israel had started bombing he reckoned if new elections held then the vote would be split between Hamas and Fatah.
Tbf, if new elections were held in the UK then the vote would probably be split between Labour and the Tories, but that doesn't stop some of us from wanting an end to the Tories. And Labour, for that matter.

Hmmm, I wonder if anyone can think of any contemporary examples of a genocide that the world seems to be washing its hands of? Real head-scratcher, that one.

Tbf, if new elections were held in the UK then the vote would probably be split between Labour and the Tories, but that doesn't stop some of us from wanting an end to the Tories. And Labour, for that matter.

Your point being?

Thats because its been winning if it loses they get genocided and the world will wash its hand like every other fucking genocide :mad:. Ok kosovo the world acted finally to stop greated serbia version 3.0

Looking at the history and this is an asymmetrical war.

Israelis have been better armed than opponents so terror/ guerilla fighting has been the order of the day mainly on Palestine side

Zionists founded State of Israel on ethnically cleansing civilian Palestinians from their state. A war crime that has gone unpunished.

Terrorist acts have been done by all sides in this conflict. That includes Zionists. Who used terror against British in late mandate period.

Objectively war crimes since 48 have been done by both sides.

At the present I disagree with your post as Israel at this time is not under existential threat.

Far from it.

Hamas attack was a shock to Israel as they thought they had Palestinians under their control. Gaza being a prison camp. West Bank being an open prison.

Israel has 100 percent support of Democratic supposedly liberal Biden administration.

With both Starmer / Sunak opposing ceasefire.

And EU all over the place.

Special mention for Spain as showing that it doesn't have to be this way. Spanish centre left government call for ceasefire and it's not a problem there unlike this country.

The more I read the more I think Israel as a state is the major problem.

This is what is driving the conflict.

Getting rid of Hamas isn't going to stop it

In actual fact as Tony Blair said recently perhaps it would have been better to have talked to Hamas back when they were first elected. Rather than shunning them

The total destruction of Gaza is I assume way Israel thinks it can eradicate any future Palestinian resistance.

Maybe this total annihilation of Palestinian community in Gaza will work.

If it doesn't more terror against Israel will arise

Reactions: Ax^
Apart from the chant Ceasefire Now the other chant that was popular was Israel is a Terrorist State.

Well now I would agree

Back
Top Bottom