Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Boycotting products etc from Israel to help stop the genocide in Palestine 2024

Like the Tarot cards: prefer Richard Gardner version myself: like them because figures are relatable/human (unlike the Crowley/Marseille versions). However….
They are rare: see here
there's a great deal going on in crowley's cards, not simply on a superficial level but down to things like the colours used as lon milo duqette makes clear in his fine guide which you can download from the internet archive Lon Milo DuQuette - Understanding Aleister Crowley's Thoth Tarot - 2002 : Lon Milo DuQuette : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

The sports boycott in South Africa defo had an effect given how much of a sports culture there was there. Kicking Israel out of Eurovision would be a big deal, as with Russia its really big there. I don't understand why they haven't done it.

there's a great deal going on in crowley's cards, not simply on a superficial level but down to things like the colours used as lon milo duqette makes clear in his fine guide which you can download from the internet archive Lon Milo DuQuette - Understanding Aleister Crowley's Thoth Tarot - 2002 : Lon Milo DuQuette : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive
Always a lot going on with Crowley: but for me aesthetically pleasing cards are preferable. Just as I prefer living in a Tudor property (as I do) to a Bauhaus construction….

The sports boycott in South Africa defo had an effect given how much of a sports culture there was there. Kicking Israel out of Eurovision would be a big deal, as with Russia its really big there. I don't understand why they haven't done it.
That the State of Israel was not kicked out of the Eurovision Song Contest is a failure of the solidarity movement.

Was it though, it seems like a failure of the judges. Its not like nobody tried. Everyone and their dog was saying they should be kicked out.
If you have a campaign with an aim, and your aim is not achieved, then your campaign has failed.

Just been online to buy more olive oil
"
“The 2023 olive season coincided with the one of the worst assaults on Palestinians both in Gaza and the West Bank. This has resulted in both a disrupted harvest and a surge in demand for Palestinian products. As a result the producers are experiencing a shortage in organic and Fairtrade certified olive oil and are unable to meet the overwhelming demand. We would encourage you to continue to support the producing communities by purchasing the extra virgin olive oil (which though not certified, is predominantly organically grown, rain-fed, and fairly traded).

We look forward to sharing with you news of a more peaceful and abundant 2024 olive season later this year”

So the following cannot be said at the moment: Naturally organic and ethically sourced from small-scale farmers in the West Bank, this is the world’s first olive oil to be awarded Fairtrade certification in 2009."

Back
Top Bottom