Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

One Rule for the Rich: heir to TetraPak empire gets off possessing 52g of Coke!

rausing never invented the tetrapak anyway, erik wallenberg, an employee, did. he didn't get any millions. his grandchildren aren't living a life of idleness.

I do differentiate between addicts. I have great sympathy for those who turn to drugs, and ruin their lives with them, because of shit in their life. For mega-rich playboys and girls? I have no sympathy at all.

Addiction like mental health problems is no respecter of class. What about very wealthy people who have mental health problems? Do they deserve to die and have their corpse left to rot as well?

Addiction like mental health problems is no respecter of class. What about very wealthy people who have mental health problems? Do they deserve to die and have their corpse left to rot as well?

True, addiction is one of the few things that transcends any divide you can imagine.

Also whats all this shite about them not working, if you dont need to work why the fuck would you? Theres no pride in working, its a mugs game.

Probably not - depending upon what they have done with their lives.

Could turn that around very easily and take the same attitude to people on the dole, who are actually capable of working.

Which, even by the DWP's somewhat broad definition of "capable of working", is around 100,000 people.
That's out of some 3 million on some form of JSA, plus another 2 million on disability/ill-health benefits.

So, "turn that around" if you like, but it doesn't really play well, does it?

Which, even by the DWP's somewhat broad definition of "capable of working", is around 100,000 people.
That's out of some 3 million on some form of JSA, plus another 2 million on disability/ill-health benefits.

So, "turn that around" if you like, but it doesn't really play well, does it?

Its not about the raw numbers, its about the principle and attitude.

i.e you cunts are as a bad as any tory.

What's the current limit for inheriting tax free? £320k? £325k? I'm assuming it must have been debated and set at some point? It can't be random. You've come in at £2k as acceptable. You must see why someone might ask why you chose that example?

The cost of burying the person who left you the £2000? :)

Probably not - depending upon what they have done with their lives.

What about simply battled with their condition? Is that enough or is it the abandoned rotting corpse fate for them?

What I'm getting at here is every so often we have a thread about some wealthy twat who has made some statement like 'bring back the workhouse' or something and we all line-up to call him/ her a cunt. Yet it seems you are the other side of that coin, all we really know about this woman is she was wealthy and a drug addict but apparently that is enough to celebrate her death and revel in the unpleasantness of her demise.

Its pretty grubby stuff really.

What about simply battled with their condition? Is that enough or is it the abandoned rotting corpse fate for them?

What I'm getting at here is every so often we have a thread about some wealthy twat who has made some statement like 'bring back the workhouse' or something and we all line-up to call him/ her a cunt. Yet it seems you are the other side of that coin, all we really know about this woman is she was wealthy and a drug addict but apparently that is enough to celebrate her death and revel in the unpleasantness of her demise.

On of the many manifestations of the wholesale hypocrisy that the regulars engage in on urban.

It would be funnier if the irony wasnt so fucking tragic.

as said repeatedly - this one isn't merely wealthy, she was the very top of the tree. the epitome of all that is wrong with capitalism. that she died in a fitting manner is no reason to be at all sorry for her

What principles? Which attitudes?

So you're counting me in with the 100,000, are you? :)

Well done at completely failing at reading comprehension once again, are you and blagsta study buddies by any chance?

I'm bored though and its an hour until the weekend starts so I'll spoon-feed you. So many here fail to see the complete hypocrisy as they gleefully engage in the same hatred and venom towards others that they claim to despise so much in conservative right wingers.

Its nearly as comical as reading a few books and determining yourself to be an expert on the subject :p

as said repeatedly - this one isn't merely wealthy, she was the very top of the tree. the epitome of all that is wrong with capitalism. that she died in a fitting manner is no reason to be at all sorry for her

For sure, I'm not sorry for her. But there is a world of difference between indifference to her death and taking pleasure in it. You very much seem to be doing the latter.

As I argued earlier, the wealthy at least have the means to access the very best treatment, if they wish. The poor have to take what they're given.

Well done at completely failing at reading comprehension once again, are you and blagsta study buddies by any chance?

I'm bored though and its an hour until the weekend starts so I'll spoon-feed you. So many here fail to see the complete hypocrisy as they gleefully engage in the same hatred and venom towards others that they claim to despise so much in conservative right wingers.

Its nearly as comical as reading a few books and determining yourself to be an expert on the subject :p

Rather than wasting your time rambling, why didn't you just answer my questions?

And where have I "read a few books" and then pronounced myself an expert"?

For sure, I'm not sorry for her. But there is a world of difference between indifference to her death and taking pleasure in it. You very much seem to be doing the latter.
&, to repeat (from a comment to someone else), yes, 'haha' may have been a tad OTT, but I am entirely unsympathetic to the manner of her demise

In general terms, instead of mourning a lost life, people honing in what a life was in monetary terms?

I'd say that a lot of the antipathy isn't about money, it's about wasting your life despite having the wherewithal to dig yourself out of the shit.
So many people don't have the option to spend their way out of addiction and its' causes that I can see why some people might have a "fuck her" attitude. I don't share it, but I can't feel sympathy for her, only pity, because she had a choice. She always had a choice. Most people don't.

As I argued earlier, the wealthy at least have the means to access the very best treatment, if they wish. The poor have to take what they're given.

We don't know why Rausing died, but we do know that despite her wealth, whatever help she was able to access, didn't apparently have any impact, which slightly negates any argument that access to treatment because of access to funds doesn't mean it will be successful..

Where?
I've seen belboid mention that he doesn't give a fuck, that she's better-off dead, but I haven't seen any posts where he's claimed to have popped a boner and had a wank about it, or gone dancing down the High St.

We don't know why Rausing died, but we do know that despite her wealth, whatever help she was able to access, didn't apparently have any impact, which slightly negates any argument that access to treatment because of access to funds doesn't mean it will be successful..

She still had the choice. Way too many don't.

BTW, you can't "slightly negate" something. It's all or nothing. :p

&, to repeat (from a comment to someone else), yes, 'haha' may have been a tad OTT, but I am entirely unsympathetic to the manner of her demise

Ok, cool. Sorry I missed that post.

Sure and they wouldnt have the money concerns that pile onto already dreadful situations. Still I'd much rather be poor and free from mental health problems then vice versa.

Back
Top Bottom