Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

One Rule for the Rich: heir to TetraPak empire gets off possessing 52g of Coke!

I can see why an idiot would. Anyone else would be sensible enough to realise its a low amount that pretty much unarguably acceptable.

You don't see why someone would ask as the tax free limit is 150x more? What would you do with the £318k?

You are concentrating on something, the question I've answered already. Do you believe that inheritances should be taxed at all?

You are concentrating on something, the question I've answered already. Do you believe that inheritances should be taxed at all?

Why are you even asking that instead of answering why you picked £2k and what you would do with the balance?

My concentration, if I have one, and repeat quote post, is on the response (or your response in particular) to the death of an addict who you described as a parasite and your apparent belief there is a distinction between addicts.

You've drawn a distinction, made a judgement and I'm just asking you to explain? If you pick a sum 150x less than the taxable rate, then you might expect someone to ask why you picked that number?

I could say the same about someone who wants to stick their nose into other people's business? Or I could stick to talking about the Rausings and addiction and why people feel the need to crow over the death of someone they don't know. It's not a political issue. It's about addiction (again).
Hang on a minute, I was responding to your assertion that money and work are a purely individualistic concern. You disagreed, then agreed, then disagreed again. Weird.

I can see why an idiot would. Anyone else would be sensible enough to realise its a low amount that pretty much unarguably acceptable.

Two grand? A low amount? Hark at Little Lord Fauntleroy there - £2000 is naught but chump change to a man to a man of belboid's means.

Why are you even asking that instead of answering why you picked £2k and what you would do with the balance?

My concentration, if I have one, and repeat quote post, is on the response (or your response in particular) to the death of an addict who you described as a parasite and your apparent belief there is a distinction between addicts.

You've drawn a distinction, made a judgement and I'm just asking you to explain? If you pick a sum 150x less than the taxable rate, then you might expect someone to ask why you picked that number?
Addiction is a class issue, how can it not be?

It's going to be interesting how this "inheritance" business starts playing out when the children of the working class that exercised the right to buy, start inheriting.

It's going to be interesting how this "inheritance" business starts playing out when the children of the working class that exercised the right to buy, start inheriting.

As long as their parents don't end up in care homes, thus stripping them of the money.

The children might be in care homes too, before the parents die, as longevity increases.

Exactly. And that's the mechanism that ensures it's still a completely not level playing field. It isn't a worry for the very rich as they can already afford private health care. But care homes aren't covered by benefits unless you don't have the ability to pay. So it will ensure that plenty of w/c people end up with pretty much nothing. Or certainly not game changing money.

He's all over the shop and knows it.

Not really. Still wondering why you call dead addicts parasites? And why you picked £2k? And how you're able to differentiate between addicts? Simple responses to your statements. Saying you've answered when you haven't is an answer, but not clarification.

I have answered all those points. You can pretend I haven't all you like, but that'll just be something else you're wrong about.

Exactly. And that's the mechanism that ensures it's still a completely not level playing field. It isn't a worry for the very rich as they can already afford private health care. But care homes aren't covered by benefits unless you don't have the ability to pay. So it will ensure that plenty of w/c people end up with pretty much nothing. Or certainly not game changing money.

Yep, of course. But other factors too, e.g., importance of caring roles and work flexibility. Not hard to imagine several generations living and dying in same house bought early 80s, in the future.

I have answered all those points. You can pretend I haven't all you like, but that'll just be something else you're wrong about.

I must have missed it? Where did you explain your example of £2k vs the £325k? Or against the Freepay amount? Or how that differentiates in your reaction to someone who has an addiction?

I have answered your question, if you liked, you could actually argue with my statement, but you refuse to do so. One can only assume that that is because you have no answers.

I have answered your question, if you liked, you could actually argue with my statement, but you refuse to do so. One can only assume that that is because you have no answers.

You didn't answer it though, so it's quite hard to understand why you've said you've had? As for my answering questions, I'm not differentiating between addicts, you are, so I'm not sure what you want me to answer? I'm asking you how you differentiate because you've made the comments? It's a question. If I'd made the comment, it would be the other way round, but I didn't.. Other than saying what the taxable rate is, I'm not expressing an opinion other than you picked a number 150x less.. which of course you still haven't answered why either. Never mind.

I do differentiate between addicts. I have great sympathy for those who turn to drugs, and ruin their lives with them, because of shit in their life. For mega-rich playboys and girls? I have no sympathy at all.

Back
Top Bottom