Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Northern Ireland dissident activity

I do wish those who call themselves anarchists wouldn't shag the Irish tricolour, or any national flag for that matter.

Fuck all nation states.

Found this via Twitter today:

The big question would seem to be, who benefits from something of this nature? On another thread discussing this which I am inclined to agree with there is speculation that only the loyalists would really benefit and as it likely wasn't them but some splinter faction of the IRA involved in organised crime this would seem to me a much more plausible motive particularly if the detective in question was involved in an ongoing investigation of the same people.

The big question would seem to be, who benefits from something of this nature? On another thread discussing this which I am inclined to agree with there is speculation that only the loyalists would really benefit and as it likely wasn't them but some splinter faction of the IRA involved in organised crime this would seem to me a much more plausible motive particularly if the detective in question was involved in an ongoing investigation of the same people.
So depressing to see idiots trying to start all that shit up again. Reads like a story from the 80s.

3 men arrested:

and re: mine and other's speculation of an organised crime aspect to the shooting:

1677333180282.png

When I read a report, I first read about the author. The previous activities of the author don't fill me with confidence on this occasion.
I have no idea what you've been reading about the author, but now you've done your preliminary reading, are you ready to read the actual report yet?

I'm just confused with this.

Four Protestants, including a former loyalist, are now in custody – arrested in connection with the New IRA’s attempted murder of top cop DCI John Caldwell, we can exclusively reveal.
Two of those men were arrested earlier this afternoon less than 24 hours after four republicans were released from custody “unconditionally”.

Don't know the Sunday World, either, but the New IRA has claimed the shootings but the people arrested are protestants? :confused:

I'm just confused with this.

Don't know the Sunday World, either, but the New IRA has claimed the shootings but the people arrested are protestants? :confused:

Havent been following this case, but am reminded there is crossover between fash in the Republic and loyalists in the 6 counties. Although, unlikely that the loyalists are moonlighting as dizzies...

Havent been following this case, but am reminded there is crossover between fash in the Republic and loyalists in the 6 counties. Although, unlikely that the loyalists are moonlighting as dizzies...
Yes, seems altogether strange to me unless it was a contract of some kind - why the New IRA would claim responsibility but protestants allegedly carry it out. No clues in the article either, although it's a bit early after the arrests.

Yes, seems altogether strange to me unless it was a contract of some kind - why the New IRA would claim responsibility but protestants allegedly carry it out. No clues in the article either, although it's a bit early after the arrests.

Of course, it's worth repeating that Irish nationalism and the struggle for self-determination has a long tradition of Protestant representation.

One UVF and all protestants...? Seriously doubt they're nira.
False flag? Maybe...
Remember....there are many layers in the sorry saga that is NI
Screenshot_20230303_060748_Twitter.jpgremember nothing and no one is as they seem.

One UVF and all protestants...? Seriously doubt they're nira.
False flag? Maybe...
Remember....there are many layers in the sorry saga that is NI
View attachment 365262remember nothing and no one is as they seem.

False flags?

In the 6 counties? ;)

I don’t get the logic of why MI5 would want to do a ‘false flag’ on a NI detective in 2023. My thinking is that he was investigating something that upset people unknown.

Suggestions were thrown around about the PSNI officer investigating crossborder drugs..
The NIRA are closely aligned with RAAD..Republican Action Against Drugs.

So maybe that's worth noting.

Can anyone get around the paywall on this article?
Tried archive.is, 12ft.io and disabling javascript, none of them helped.
Unfortunately there seems to be no way round whatever protection they are using.

It seemed a strange one to me, with the NIRA claiming it in the manner they did and with 12 of theirs being questioned at the time.

It's less of a surprise of seemingly loyalist involvement in this targeted shooting of a DCI heavily involved in identifying narco terrorists and gangsters north and south.
He identified flat cap Murray from Strabane after the Dublin boxing gig shootings. (Kinahans Hutch feud)
That had New IRA involvement in as well, especially in looking after used weapons.

Dublin gangsters have been coming north of the border on revenge missions against certain factions of loyalist narco terrorists in last few months, after a stash was intercepted by Shankhill UDA, with the latter said to be in hiding at times when the former were cruising their heartlands. Rumoured to possibly sparking af eud between UVF and UDA in the region.

Alison Morris above is the go to journo over here for especially loyalist crime, but the Sunday World has investigations of this sort as a weekly regular; it's their thing and are far more detailed and graphic.

MI5 have raised the threat level in northern Ireland from substantial to serve meaning a threat or attack is highly likely

Back
Top Bottom