Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Northern Ireland dissident activity

Even if it achieves fuck, all the only use for physical force republicans is community service enough litter picking and painting and there be to tired to kill anyone.
If Northern Ireland is going to be resolved it want be aided by Muppets in army surplus jackets and balaclavas.
There as useful as the us milita members🤬.
Murder so you can look good on an MTV documentary a new low.

you what? Mate

So what are the muppet british army doing there? If as you say armed men won't solve anything...
They aren't on the streets anymore having done the job they were sent to do, eventually 😒.
Not exactly sure what IRA the new generation or is it deep space Belfast now😁 plan is now.
They failed the last time round. A reboot with less cash less people fewer foreign supporters isn't going to be anymore successful . Especially with Brexit hopefully resolving the problem

They failed the last time round. A reboot with less cash less people fewer foreign supporters isn't going to be anymore successful . Especially with Brexit hopefully resolving the problem
I'm afraid you've lost me there. How will Brexit solve any problem, let alone in Ireland?

As long as the occupation of the 6 counties continues, the IRA (or derivatives of) will exist.

One does not simply stop an ideology.
You can stop them planting bombs. I think doing spook stuff to terrorists and organised criminals is justified.
The spy cop shit had no justifcation or point to it that I can see and no risk other than being hated. I think the IRA would deal with a spy a bi harsher.

You can stop them planting bombs. I think doing spook stuff to terrorists and organised criminals is justified.
The spy cop shit had no justifcation or point to it that I can see and no risk other than being hated. I think the IRA would deal with a spy a bi harsher.

few limbs missing before you’re found

A bit more Craigavon spycops stuff, here's a recent panel discussion about the case from this year's Bloody Sunday commemorations: Spy Cops – Making Scapegoats in Craigavon

Recent revelations have come to light in relation to one of the country’s most high profile, yet little reported on, miscarriage of justice cases since the Birmingham Six and Guildford Four.

Brendan McConville and John Paul Wootton, known as the Craigavon Two, approach 12 years since their ‘wrongful’ conviction. It has now emerged that an agent provocateur, Dennis Mc Fadden, was at the heart of their campaign for Justice. The campaign to free them, like the campaigns to free the Birmingham Six and the Guildford Four, struggle to make it into the news. Freeing these men was a cause dear to the heart of the late Gerry Conlon. Being one of the Guildford Four he knew only too well the anguish of languishing in prison unjustly convicted while the world goes on as normal. He was passionate about supporting their campaign for freedom and justice right up until his untimely death in 2014.

This panel discussion event will give an update on the quest for Justice for the Craigavon 2 and possibilities that remain via CCRC or other avenues. It will also examine the evidence of role of agents, MI5, SAS and military intelligence in their case and its implications for the ongoing fight to free them and have them returned to their families and friends.
Obligatory disclaimer for someone from the Canary being on the panel.

I'm not quite sure where to put this. It's a bit of a strange story all round. :hmm:

It was a pretty open secret, much of the rest of the press hated him for it (unsurprisingly), especially Steven Glover.

Why now though..? And resigning from City seems strange. Dunno, just feels a bit weird.
He felt it was time, it seems. He's 74, doesn't really work at City so resigning costs him nothing and he can't be bothered with it.

So, having given up full-time journalism and become a member of Sinn Féin, I want to place in context my reasons for being a republican and my passionate wish to see a united Ireland. At the same time, it enables me to provide coherent answers to those questions asked by my grandsons.
We are beyond war now. The weapons have been destroyed. The bombings are over. The soldiers have left. I wanted peace and played a very minor role as messenger at a crucial moment during the process itself. But I understand why the conflict occurred and do not regret my support for those who fought it. I am pleased at last to come out from hiding and explain myself to everyone, including, of course, my grandchildren.

Last edited:
Tosser the "conflict" was moronic and useful idiots like this attempting to defend the indefensible. Cunt.

indefensible like bloody sunday, the rape of the falls and gibraltar, d'you mean? the british army did a grand job of recruiting for the ira: moronic, but you know what they say about military intelligence.
Wasn't defending any of it although the mass murder of a band and a bunch of tourists would surely have brought the British to their knees and finally Ireland would be free 🙄

Bandsmen are non-combatants there professional musicians supposed to be stretcher-bearers but nobody uses those anymore.
But of course the tourists were legitimate targets as well

If I remember correctly, I'm pretty sure members of the British army were involved in the Miami Showband massacre.

Not sure what thread this should go on, but anyone know any more about this?

Not sure what thread this should go on, but anyone know any more about this?

yes: ‘Protestant Action Force’ claim Ards bus hijacking start of NI Protocol campaign

Tom Barry...on the Auxiliaries in west Cork

For Barry’s soul we prayed in hell,
Pathetic creatures adorned in pain,
And we never heard his requiem bell,
But our own — in torture’s livid strain.

In the southern realms of Munster world,
The humble whin bush sway,
Shedding yellow tears like child
For a legend passed away.

And they blow down lanes of time gone by,
O’er Crossbarry and Kilmicheal grave,
And resurrect a battle cry,
‘With Barry, boys be brave! ’

In dusky light, by mist, o’er hills they tread,
A column on the run,
The ghosts of fighters long since dead,
Yet n’er at rest, their guns still slung.

Now Barry leads them in the night,
Hardy souls of Cork Brigade,
To tramp the glens to morning light,
When their ghostly forms shall fade.

And we prayed tonight for Barry’s rest,
Would Barry e’er be free,
As he tramps across old Munster’s breast,
To blind eternity.

And in darkened shadows, ‘neath prison bars,
The hags of torture wave,
But we hear a voice that is of ours,
‘With Barry, boys be brave! ’

--Bobby Sands

Thanks - can you get the full article, I only get the first two sentences? Also, can someone remind me if there's a loyalist thread this'd make more sense on or is it fine here?
MASKED gunmen who ordered a terrified bus driver out of his vehicle in Newtownards claimed they were from the "Protestant Action Force".

The Belfast Telegraph understands the two masked loyalists who hijacked the bus also told the driver it was the start of a campaign against the Northern Ireland Protocol.

The PSNI said it was stepping up patrols in the Co Down town after the 7a Ulsterbus serving Bowtown estate was hijacked and petrol bombed yesterday morning, destroying the vehicle. The driver, who at first thought he was being robbed, managed to get off the bus unharmed but has been left "badly shaken".

The Protestant Action Force was a cover name used by loyalists, mainly the UVF, to avoid directly claiming responsibility for killings during the Troubles. It is believed to have been used to claim the murders of at least 41 Catholics.

DUP leader Sir Jeffrey Donaldson has condemned the "thuggery and terrorism" behind the incident.

Loyalists claimed the hijacking was done to coincide with a deadline set by the DUP to resolve issues around the NI Protocol. A loyalist source said a banner saying 'Peace or the Protocol', which was displayed at a protest in Newtownards earlier this year, should be taken literally.

"Unless the protocol goes, a few burning buses will be the tip of the iceberg," they said.

The source added that while the main paramilitary groups did not sanction the attack, they would also not stop "young loyalists from taking violent action as in our view politics hasn't succeeded". The PSNI appealed for information about the attack, which happened at 6.30am in the Abbot Drive area of Newtownards.

Chief Inspector Trevor Atkinson said: "Our investigation into this appalling incident is in its early stages and I would urge anyone with information to contact police."

Alongside the criminal investigation, he said police would be stepping up the visible neighbourhood policing presence in the coming days.

Translink chief executive Chris Conway added: "We are very disappointed by this intimidating attack on our member of staff and public transport services in the area. We utterly condemn this behaviour and will be working closely with the PSNI to investigate this incident.

"There were no passengers on board when this disgraceful attack occurred; however our driver is badly shaken and is currently being supported by colleagues." Sir Jeffrey Donaldson said: "There was never any justification for people with guns on our streets and damaging property - there never will be. Thuggery and terrorism will do nothing to remove the NI Protocol. Political action has secured progress and must be allowed to continue. Violence has no place in this."

Infrastructure Minister Nichola Mallon called the attack "disgraceful". "Our transport workers are frontline public workers who provide a critical community service, those who seek to instil fear into the lives of ordinary people are criminals and nothing else," she said. "My thoughts are with the bus driver who was subject to this attack. All bus drivers deserve to feel safe as they go about their job."

She said the public servants were "a fundamental part of our society" who worked hard to transport health workers to hospitals and children to school.Ulster Unionist leader Doug Beattie called the incident "utterly disgraceful" and said the "stupid actions of thugs and criminals" was simply hurting their own community. His party colleague, Strangford MLA Mike Nesbitt, said there was "absolutely no justification"

for the hijacking and destruction of the bus.

Sinn Fein MP John Finucane called the attack "reckless and despicable" and urged unionist leaders to cease using "provocative language" around the NI Protocol.

"There is absolutely no place in our society for this criminality and violence," he said.

"We need to see clear condemnation from unionist leaders on this reckless and dangerous violence." Louise Haigh, Labour's

Shadow Secretary for Northern Ireland, called it "utterly reprehensible" and said her thoughts were with the driver after the "indefensible" attack.

In September, Sir Jeffrey said he would pull his DUP ministers out of Stormont "within weeks" should changes not be made to the protocol.

He later suggested a deadline of the end of October.

Last week he said that he was still prepared to collapse the institutions.

'All bus drivers deserve to feel safe as they do their job'

Back
Top Bottom