Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Northern Independence Party

Oh ffs how many of you are bloggers and/or real people in the public domain? It’s bad enough finding out that Roy ‘hero of the anti-Zionists/part time undercover police informant’ Bard posted here.

Some of us would like a safe space from all that shite

So one line out of the application regarding the constitution was incorrect (or not acceptable the the EC) and it was re-submitted the next day. This was a few weeks ago and the application was sat on ever since. It currently has a pending status.

Sorry what raw numbers?
in 2015 there were 22 Labour councillors and zero Ashfield Independents, and in 2019 there was 30 Ashfield Independents, and two Labour councillors. I guess some of the Labour group may have been defeated in council elections by former Lib-dem independents, but I'm assuming most of them switched.

in 2015 there were 22 Labour councillors and zero Ashfield Independents, and in 2019 there was 30 Ashfield Independents, and two Labour councillors. I guess some of the Labour group may have been defeated in council elections by former Lib-dem independents, but I'm assuming most of them switched.
Just had a look and there were no defections from Labour to Ashfield Independents.

6 moved from Lib Dems to Ashfield Independents (although one of those was technically an independent as he'd been suspended by the Lib Dems for child sex abuse allegations), while 24 were newly elected in 2019 (although three of those stood for the Lib Dems unsuccessfully in 2015). There was also one defection from Labour to Conservatives, blaming Momentum for his move. He kept his seat.

Crikey. I wonder what went on there?
There's some fun stuff in a BBC article from 2018 here: Labour council leader urged to resign after defections

According to Labour insiders what's happened to the party in Ashfield is a mess. But don't make the mistake of assuming this a story about a Momentum or left-wing takeover of the local party. It's more likely a tale of individuals who don't get on and disagree on policies being enacted. One idea which has caused grief is the introduction of smaller household waste bins which were designed to encourage recycling.

:D

Oh ffs how many of you are bloggers and/or real people in the public domain? It’s bad enough finding out that Roy ‘hero of the anti-Zionists/part time undercover police informant’ Bard posted here.

I'm actually shakin Stevens in real life which I think is ok

He was banned over fifteen years ago for being a needlessly contrarian dick.

What does that have to do with the price of fish in 2021?

NIP's protestation's that they'll be registered soon do come across a bit "the cheque's in the post".
But who cares anyway? It doesn't mean anything so how's it going to affect whether anyone thinks they're serious or not. There's no high barrier to registering as a party, and it's not stopped many other jokes. Just look at e.g. the mile long ballot paper for London Mayor.

Obviously Labour cared enough to send that letter. Do they also send letters to party members suspected of jumping ship to the Monster Raving Looney Party?

NIP's protestation's that they'll be registered soon do come across a bit "the cheque's in the post".
But who cares anyway? It doesn't mean anything so how's it going to affect whether anyone thinks they're serious or not. There's no high barrier to registering as a party, and it's not stopped many other jokes. Just look at e.g. the mile long ballot paper for London Mayor.

Not sure if it's the same process to stand as an 'independent' for something like london mayor as it is to register 'a political party' - i've never personally tried to do either, though...

Obviously Labour cared enough to send that letter. Do they also send letters to party members suspected of jumping ship to the Monster Raving Looney Party?
I don't think anyone in the party apparatus is seriously worried about losing to the NIP, what the NIP does is provide convenient cover for suble hints to thos people who a) deserted Labour to vote Brexit and seem to be coming back to the Tories instead and b) those who understandably will just not be arsed to turn out.

Not sure if it's the same process to stand as an 'independent' for something like london mayor as it is to register 'a political party' - i've never personally tried to do either, though...
If you don't have a registered political party, you have to stand as an independent whether you like it or not (as in that's what it'll say on the ballot paper, mentions in the press etc.)

Sigh, would love to see an east anglian annexation...but ranks of red-faced Tory farmers, second homers, retired urban wankers and a huge swathe of forelock tugging, lowly paid, impoverished and despairing lumpens, up against a handful of Norwich anarcho-bumpkins and liberal academic complacency, doesn't really cut the mustard for a revolutionary overhaul of the seething wetlands of the east. Hard to recall the furious revolts of the 16 and 17C. Always up for tumbrils and pitchforks though (spunking cock in the ballots being my main political actions, tbf).

Collection for a legal action war chest is up. They are not going down the same route as Corbyn's labour did regarding smears and lies. They already have a couple of cases lined up from antisemitism smearing last week. I assume they will be going after the journos and blue ticks.

Collection for a legal action war chest is up. They are not going down the same route as Corbyn's labour did regarding smears and lies. They already have a couple of cases lined up from antisemitism smearing last week. I assume they will be going after the journos and blue ticks.

Nice to see a lesson being learned and acted on

Back
Top Bottom