Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Nicola Bulley Missing

The thing is though, I've lived in a couple of places with dangerous waterways and the investigations don't usually end up in a shitshow like this. What was different this time? And I mean, like at the core of what went wrong? Because when a woman of a similar age went missing near a river last winter that I knew about, while on the ground it was clear the investigation was focused in the river, in the public domain the police didn't focus on it and kept pushing other lines of enquiry.

Because she was a white conventionally attractive woman and they used a nice photograph. Then just the chance of cyberspace.

The thing is though, I've lived in a couple of places with dangerous waterways and the investigations don't usually end up in a shitshow like this. What was different this time? And I mean, like at the core of what went wrong? Because when a woman of a similar age went missing near a river last winter that I knew about, while on the ground it was clear the investigation was focused in the river, in the public domain the police didn't focus on it and kept pushing other lines of enquiry.
They fucked it. They should have done that^ from the start, but they pushed the river line publicly. Then eejits went nuts with alt theories, so they gave their evidence for focusing on the river, which was information the public should never have been given. Very badly handled. She was clearly in the water, either by accident or by her own choice, none of our business, the police should have done the usual 'we are exploring multiple lines of enquiry please leave us to it'. Sad, sorry state of affairs.

I've watched loads of detective series, the medium's always the number one suspect.
Police get in a known fraud to act as an "expert", let it be confirmed that no body was found, which then persuades a "medium" to return to the scene of the crime.

/Speculation
/Bollocks

Whereas it is infinitely sad that this poor woman has lost her life, at least the family have closure, not that that will be a comfort at the moment.

I think that the police have a lot of questions to answer, they appear to fucked the investigation right from the start. There will of course be apologies, and 'lessons learned', but no one will be required to resign, and the dysfunctional circus that is Lancashire Constabulary will roll on.

Back
Top Bottom