Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Nicola Bulley Missing

I suppose it's plausible that she was murdered and then thrown in the river following it being searched. Doesn't seem the most likely thing to have happened though.

I think some people became so obsessed with the case that they will believe Lancashire police hiding/moving the body and putting it in the river as part of a cover-up is a more likely scenario than their own theories being wrong - I hope her partner doesn't experience harassment from those at the loonier end of the scale, though I wouldn't be surprised if he decided to emigrate.

The body coming to the surface after three weeks seems similar to the Lewes case I mentioned on page1. They also found a body in the river/canal at Hackney in the last few days who went missing about a week before Nicola Bulley.
Its similar to almost every case where someone falls in. Three of four I can think of just in the past month. The fella in Tottenham, the one in Keighley and the one in Wakefield. Hard to find someone, once they are in, they were diving to find the man in the Lea for several days but they couldn’t locate him. I wish it was explained to the public, then there wouldn’t be all this relentless speculation.

Really sad to hear this.

Poorly handled by the coppers. Really, really poorly. Thoughts with her kids. I've suffered with alcohol myself and once tried to off myself in the Thames in the docks. Somehow survived that. But I would hope if I had succeeded my own issues would have been kept private.

Its similar to almost every case where someone falls in. Three of four I can think of just in the past month. The fella in Tottenham, the one in Keighley and the one in Wakefield. Hard to find someone, once they are in, they were diving to find the man in the Lea for several days but they couldn’t locate him. I wish it was explained to the public, then there wouldn’t be all this relentless speculation.
I am sure it was explained - I knew it, but it's like people didn't want to listen... Maybe "the public" just likes to play detective and speculate after watching vast amounts of true crime/murder mysteries on TV...

the whole thing has been a shite show for the family since the start
3 weeks of searching the river experts saying shes not in the river, massive speculation , internet hunters invading the town, the police saying oh well she was a piss head
and then finding her a in the river ...

rip and peace to the family

Was this body found within the length of the river searched by sonar policeman with his vast experience?

Yep. He said this at the time:

Our involvement is we’ve searched it extremely thoroughly and we’ve ruled out, especially, the area where Nicola supposedly went in all the way down to the first weir and then onward down the river quite a distance.

“And then that’s my area cleared then, and we went upstream as well for about a mile upstream just in case, so it’s been extremely thorough.

It hasn't helped that there has been a massive and hardly surprising breakdown in trust of authority. Blaming this all on Netflix and TikTock misses the point that the baseline assumption has become that anyone in the public eye is a liar and/or a charlatan.
To be fair, a goodly number are.

Reported now that they have a body from the river about a mile away from where she disappeared. Really awful outcome for the family as it will only generate a whole new level of online shit.

Back
Top Bottom