Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Nick Cohen and the Observer

Got to admit when it's someone as seethingly unpleasant as Cohen involved it's hard to treat these sort of allegations entirely on their own merits, but it is genuinely important that these come out and people in powerful positions are held to account isn't it.

Not hard to see an upcoming pivot to Spiked or somewhere similar to make a career moaning about being cancelled by the woke lefties is it.

Yeah, I was just reading that thread. (I don’t follow Maugham but I follow Gurdasani, so I’d seen her comments previously too).

Not hard to see an upcoming pivot to Spiked or somewhere similar to make a career moaning about being cancelled by the woke lefties is it.
fairly sure the sex pests don't need this option - they just need to express genuine contrition and they might get to come back in a year or two. If they see any consequences at all of course, mostly they don't.

I've been seeing allegations about Nick Cohen for literal years. He's certainly acquired a reputation for properly unacceptable behaviour, but The Observer don't seem to give a shit.
Corrected (very trivially! :oops: ) for you.

Not of much relevance, obviously :oops:, but just in the interest of accuracy ...... </moves on ;) >

cupid_stunt 's thinking is my thinking too -- I suppose though, that I'm old fashioned enough still to think principally in printed newspaper terms, given that I retain the habit of reading the physical things in the pub! :D

(But as I said, it's not very relevant at all :oops: -- apols for derail!) )

Serious thread interrupted by U75 pedantry :p

While we're on that interruption: I read the Observer every Sunday via the press reader app (so technically online). The app is pretty amazing. You can get a free log in from your local library and it gives you full access to literally hundreds of magazines and newspapers.

Deepti Gurdasani (epidemiologist who posts lots of Covid stuff) is being really openly supportive while a lot more well known people are staying quiet.

The Guardian publishes Cohen's articles on their website, the most widely read newspaper website in the country. The fact that they are also published by a sunday newspaper no-one reads is pretty irrelevant in 2022.
Sorry to interject, but the Guardian is nowhere near 'the most widely read newspaper website in the country.'

1657806273301.png

1657806328200.png

Maybe it's the app bit that's inflating the Guardian's popularity but every other source I've seen has them nowhere the most popular news website

Back
Top Bottom