Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

An American's observations about his visit to England go viral

:D what's all that shit with putting your fork and knife down at 10 to 4?
i indicate to t he server that i'm not done by still having my knife and fork in my hands and indicate i'm done by eating all the food on my plate.

You might not want all the food on your plate.

If you're spearing meat it is, but not if you're eating a stew or a casserole.
You showed me a picture of an upside down fork and called it the correct way.

I am making no claim as to correctness of inversion, as it's a duel function tool to me: spearing and shovelling. But clearly shovelling mode (the mode you call "correct") is upside down from the primary mode (spearing), since the tool was designed to spear, or the inventor would have stuck with a spoon.

For me, the best way to hold it depends on what you're doing: for picking up peas you need it upside down. But that's only "correct" for that type of function. For spearing bits of pizza it'd be a foolish way to hold it.

:D what's all that shit with putting your fork and knife down at 10 to 4?
i indicate to the server that i'm not done by still having my knife and fork in my hands and indicate i'm done by eating all the food on my plate.
It means you still want to eat either what is on your plate (& are just taking a rest) or you a going to have seconds. It is a signal to waiting staff as to whether to clear you plate or not.

You showed me a picture of an upside down fork and called it the correct way.

I am making no claim as to correctness of inversion, as it's a duel function tool to me: spearing and shovelling. But clearly shovelling mode (the mode you call "correct") is upside down from the primary mode (spearing), since the tool was designed to spear, or the inventor would have stuck with a spoon.

For me, the best way to hold it depends on what you're doing: for picking up peas you need it upside down. But that's only "correct" for that type of function. For spearing bits of pizza it'd be a foolish way to hold it.
fair dos, i guess as a scotch you eat flanks of dead sheep almost every day, so spearing is a more common activity, but my fork's primary function is as a shovel.

fair dos, i guess as a scotch you eat flanks of dead sheep almost every day, so spearing is a more common activity, but my fork's primary function is as a shovel.
Use it how you will, but the design is clearly tines pointing downwards. Hold them pointing upwards, and useful though that may be, it is inverted.

There is only one kind of sausage in Ireland. That's more of your foreign weirdness. It's probably cos ye're Germans.

Scones are fucking disgusting. I can't lay that blame at ye're door though, Irish people like them just as much
That seems a bit gratuitous.

I like scones, but as you attest, their existence is not in question. Saveloys on the other hand probably don't exist.

Back
Top Bottom