Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

National Action to be proscribed as a "Terrorist Organisation"

Indeed. The post was a very cynical, sarcastic reply to the poster who suggests the IRA are the saviours of Ireland and I should be grateful to them. They aren't and I'm not.

Did the IRA not oust the British state from 26 counties? If it were not for them you probably would have been holding a British passport rather than an Irish one.

The IRA did not liberate Ireland. Unless you're trying to equate them with the men and women of 1916. Very, very different.

But they used violence to achieve their ends, did they not? You disapprove of violence to achieve ends, do you not?

The fact is that those groups which organised and engaged in the Easter Rising (which unfortunately failed) went on to form the IRA and defeat the British state in 26 counties.

Replying to your edit (and I was sure you had me on ignore):

I give Sinn Fein the benefit of the doubt these days; they have some very good TDs and councillors in the Republic who are doing excellent work for the communities. They believe in inclusivity and I have no problem with them as a democratic party. I can count amongst my friends a prominent SF member, so it's not all black and white.

But I'll never ever raise a glass to murderers. Be they Irish, British or whoever.

You do realise that Sinn Fein were the political wing of the IRA right? Their membership also includes many current SF members.

You still haven't answered my question. Do you support the IRA?

Or maybe you support the lads that brought you Omagh? I mean, yes, technically, it was the "Real IRA" but you seem to think that these thugs share a glorious history with the men and women of 1916...

You condemn nationalism and violence but count 1916 as a glorious episode? Do you even read what you write? But yes, those groups do share a lineage leading back to 1916 as it was those groups engaged in thr 1916 rising which went on to form the IRA one year later.

disgust, liability, never accepted uvf commnd properly anyway- who knows. those are just things I have read as to the reasons for doing it

You must be beyond the pale if the UVF think you are so much of a cock that you need to be taken out by your mortal enemies. I am surprised the UVF did not do it anyway.

The fact is that those groups which organised and engaged in the Easter Rising (which unfortunately failed) went on to form the IRA and defeat the British state in 26 counties.

Who do you think you are, eh? Coming on here with your pesky, indisputable, historical facts? What are your pesky, indisputable, historical facts compared to Crybaby's victimhood? You fascist bully-boy apologist.

All the volunteers in 1916 were choir boys who loved their Mammys... as can be clearly seen through any decent pair of rose-tinted glasses..

Who do you think you are, eh? Coming on here with your pesky, indisputable, historical facts? What are your pesky, indisputable, historical facts compared to Crybaby's victimhood? You fascist bully-boy apologist.

All the volunteers in 1916 were choir boys who loved their Mammys... as can be clearly seen through any decent pair of rose-tinted glasses..

So I hear. The IRA were all Catholics too, including the protestants and atheists among them such as George Gilmore, William Tumilson and others.

Last edited:
Next thing you'll be telling us is that, but for Protestant free-thinkers, irish Republicanism would never have existed. Wolfe Tone, Robert Emmett, Henry Joy McCracken, Watty Graham, Thomas Davis, Lord Edward Fitzgerald, Napper Tandy, Bulmer Hobson, Roger Casement, Constance Marcievicz, Jack White, Erskine Childers were all daily Mass-goers.

I am done with this thread anyway. I am off for a shit and a wank. I probably will not be returning because responding to Crybaby is tedious and there is not much more to be said.

Next thing you'll be telling us is that, but for Protestant free-thinkers, irish Republicanism would never have existed. Wolfe Tone, Robert Emmett, Henry Joy McCracken, Watty Graham, Thomas Davis, Lord Edward Fitzgerald, Napper Tandy, Bulmer Hobson, Roger Casement, Constance Marcievicz, Jack White, Erskine Childers were all daily Mass-goers.

Those Catholic fundamentalist sectarian murdering scum bags! I am shaking my head in disgust.

Anyway, I really do need a shit so I must go. lol

You condemn nationalism and violence but count 1916 as a glorious episode? Do you even read what you write? But yes, those groups do share a lineage leading back to 1916 as it was those groups engaged in thr 1916 rising which went on to form the IRA one year later.

It doesn't like to be accepted in polite circles that the broad coalition of armed factions that engaged in the 1916 uprising referred to themselves that week as " Irish Republican Army " / " Army of the Irish Republic " during those hostilities , and at their courts martial . Nurse Elizabeth Ofarrell said the IRA was " a very good name " when the British general asked her who exactly was surrendering . The initials were also found chalked on a blackboard in the South Dublin Union ( 99.9on the location ) post surrender . And both the transcript of the surrender order signed by Pearse and Connolly , and Connollys court martial transcripts refer solely to " Army of the Irish Republic " . The same thing .

IRA never came about later by accident, the title was coined on Easter week itself.

Crybaby, sissy, uncle tom etc etc for how long now?

zzzzzz

I am done with this thread anyway. I am off for a shit and a wank. I probably will not be returning because responding to Crybaby is tedious and there is not much more to be said.

Hmm. You've responded to all my posts, despite being a newbie here. As I said, welcome back & ticofaidh ar la la.

Remember to shit and wank all over the dead bodies your heroes murdered.

Back
Top Bottom