Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

million women rise march and rally - today (5th march), central london

Loose Women is largely mumsy-tory* stuff and the attitude to men displayed is not that 'they are shit' but that they are boys, eye candy and unintentionally funny because they are dumb. It's just the shoe on the other foot broadcast to a receptive audience.

*Except Carol who has wicked wicked eyes and a good leftist conscience from what I have seen

The whole 'let's bring up Loose Women or such as a comparison' is such a load of bollocks too. Sorry Joe but it really is.

The whole 'let's bring up Loose Women or such as a comparison' is such a load of bollocks too. Sorry Joe but it really is.

He sounded like one of those whites who always complain about programmes aimed at the black community.

It's about 75% women murdered by male partners if you're talking about murder. And of course rape is used as a weapon in many conflicts. Every week, on average of two women are murdered by their partners in the UK.

I'm not defending any women who use violence against their partners Average Joe. But your horrible experience doesn't alter the fact that it's much, much rarer for men to be in the situation you were in. Violence is horrible and wrong. Whatever the gender of the attacker.

Absolutely.

Like I said previously, I don't feel that marches like this are giving any kind of 'all men are bastards' message. I don't have any problem with it.

But there is a significant minority of men that are abused by their partners too, many of which would probably like to join in with a demonstration like this if it wasn't labelled in a way that excludes their experiences. I expect the same applies to those who experience violence in a same sex relationship too.

So why not turn it into a 'violence in the home' issue next year, instead of just one section (although the largest one) of that? Unite with straight men and LBJ people who have been affected by the issue? I think that would be a positive thing.

Really, noone gives a fuck about how right leaning people react to this sort of day and associated actions. We know they'll get the arse because that is the standard response from a right winger who is challenged over any kind of inequality. Th question has to be is the male leftist getting the arse with it voicing a genuine concern about unfair tarring or simply jerking the knee because 'that isn't me and it aint my politics'

And by asking that question I've fallen into the point steph made in her last response to me :facepalm:

Really, noone gives a fuck about how right leaning people react to this sort of day and associated actions. We know they'll get the arse because that is the standard response from a right winger who is challenged over any kind of inequality. Th question has to be is the male leftist getting the arse with it voicing a genuine concern about unfair tarring or simply jerking the knee because 'that isn't me and it aint my politics'

And by asking that question I've fallen into the point steph made in her last response to me :facepalm:

And another :D for you dotty

Being left wing doesn't mean you can't (intentionally or not) act like a complete arse, or worse, whether or not you're a man.

of course not, but it should mean that when you do engage in chauvinism, anti-semitism or any other behaviour that reflects negative attitudes towards inequality then you'll be quicker to have a word with yourself.

Mgiffin. Shes never actually spouted m/l views or anything but as I recall she is pretty strongly l/w

Oh. You got me totally sussed. Suprised I've been allowed on the boards so long

No Joe, I don't believe for one minute that I have you sussed, everyone sometimes comes across the wrong way, and you quite probably have not expressed yourself well on this thread but that is what you sound like.

How did the march go? Good attendance?

Women have a right to expect to be able to walk down the street free from harassment or threat of violence.

Bleeting about 'it happens to men too, why are women complaining' is bollocks.

Why are the male posters assuming that somewhere there is a message saying "all men are abusers"???

Is this a deliberate joke?

Despite the name I am a male poster and was going to post saying where does anything in the OP blame all men. But apparnalty all male poster have to assume it say all men are to blame so I can't. :D

Anyway.

God I hate this 'but women hit men to argument'. Yep in some cases they do and in some cases children abuse their parents so that must mean child abuse should not deserve any special status different from other forms of violence right?

How did the march go? Good attendance?

Women have a right to expect to be able to walk down the street free from harassment or threat of violence.

Bleeting about 'it happens to men too, why are women complaining' is bollocks.

Altho I don't think it would hurt to broaden these things to be simply against violence regardless of the gender of the person doing or receiving it... I do wonder quite what the specific grievance is of some blokes to women organizing themselves. After all, there are any number of Father's Rights groups.. I can't say I can think of a similar thing for single mums, as opposed to single parents (probably somewhere they do exist). In fact given the relentlessly bad stereotyping single mums get, I'm surprised there aren't more!

Is this a deliberate joke?

Despite the name I am a male poster and was going to post saying where does anything in the OP blame all men. But apparnalty all male poster have to assume it say all men are to blame so I can't. :D

Anyway.

God I hate this 'but women hit men to argument'. Yep in some cases they do and in some cases children abuse their parents so that must mean child abuse should not deserve any special status different from other forms of violence right?

I can't help thinking you have misunderstood what I was saying, a lot.:confused: But I may be confused.

5pm – 1am: Food and Networking Party at The 52 Club, 52 Gower Street, WC1E6EB; a wheelchair accessible venue. ALL welcome.

"ALL" welcome at 52 Gower Street? It must be a VERY big venue to accommodate a million women!

I can't help thinking you have misunderstood what I was saying, a lot.:confused: But I may be confused.
Sorry probably just me, I found It quite amusing that you where (justifiably) complaining about men reading a generalisation about all men into the OP but from my reading of the post you generalised that all male posters where doing this. I don't think you really meant that it was just the way the post sounded, to me at least.

Sorry probably just me, I found It quite amusing that you where (justifiably) complaining about men reading a generalisation about all men into the OP but from my reading of the post you generalised that all male posters where doing this. I don't think you really meant that it was just the way the post sounded, to me at least.

No, I didn't mean that! I just wrote too quickly.

"ALL" welcome at 52 Gower Street? It must be a VERY big venue to accommodate a million women!

The "million" is world wide, not in London.

As indicated previously.

This is an international movement, of which the London march and party were only a small part.

Back
Top Bottom