Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

May's Cabinet

Why doesn't May just get on with it, buy another box of donuts and stick some googly eyes on them.

He's gone into N.10. and not materialised since. Rumour has it he keeps his job. Disappointing to say the least, I had hoped May would shove him feet first into an industrial meat grinder to feed Larry the cat.
Events so far point to your ideal outcome

Mensch calling a dad waiting on his child's postposed surgery a scumbag

for how long?

see, i'm puzzled by this - Hunt said, entirely unprompted, about 2-3 months ago(?) that Health would be his last big job in politics. i'm unaware of any great love between Hunt and May (nor of any great emnity, unlike with Gove..), and i rather expected him to leave in the reshuffle but be quite happy to do so. perhaps he's doing her a favour - push through the Dr's contract and get all the stick, then resign and allow her to put one of her people in at Health who doesn't then have Hunts baggage?

for how long?

see, i'm puzzled by this - Hunt said, entirely unprompted, about 2-3 months ago(?) that Health would be his last big job in politics. i'm unaware of any great love between Hunt and May (nor of any great emnity, unlike with Gove..), and i rather expected him to leave in the reshuffle but be quite happy to do so. perhaps he's doing her a favour - push through the Dr's contract and get all the stick, then resign and allow her to put one of her people in at Health who doesn't then have Hunts baggage?

Quite in the packed list of unpopular politicians pre Brexit, Hunt was considered a massive Cunt. Presumably keeping him in place May is saying she's keeping NHS reforms, and instead of putting a new politician in a massively unpopular job she's letting Hunt finish what she started.

Confirmation for anyone who really needs it that it's business as usual. There's no more widely loathed individual or policy in the previous cabinet, and he fucking stays.
Business as usual in terms of shafting us. Not really business as usual in terms of the other snouts in the trough.

lol

Back
Top Bottom