Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

May's Cabinet

As if this reshuffle will make any difference. They're the tories, they aren't going to suddenly rewrite their own DNA
Sadly those are my thoughts too. As if the new crew are going to be any better than what they follow :(

I don't know, maybe particular individuals are more competent, and will only screw people over because of their ideology rather than their ideology and bungling everything like a 7 year old at the wheel of a car.

Hunt oot.

Aww, poor Jez, only yesterday his local rag published this...

iQxDSO3.png

Whittingdale and Letwin too. This is a bit more than a reshuffle, it's a reckoning.

It does certainly appear that way. I wonder if its significant that, in both main parties, the "modernizers" (or "moderates" if you prefer) are getting similar treatment at around about the same time?

One also wonders what this means for the second bit of Leveson being implemented, as all of those who were obviously pro-Murdoch have now been booted out of the Cabinet (if Hunt has gone).

— Laura Kuenssberg (@bbclaurak)July 14, 2016

Hunt not sacked, getting a different job

Junior Doctor training p'raps. There's plenty of need at weekends apparently.

It does certainly appear that way. I wonder if its significant that, in both main parties, the "modernizers" (or "moderates" if you prefer) are getting similar treatment at around about the same time?

One also wonders what this means for the second bit of Leveson being implemented, as all of those who were obviously pro-Murdoch have now been booted out of the Cabinet (if Hunt has gone).
They're not 'moderate' in any sense, mind. The Cameron-style modernisers had certain socially liberal attitudes but those were combined with, and used as a buffer against which to push through, vicious attitudes towards actual social policy.

We're now back to the old-school horror show.

They're not 'moderate' in any sense, mind. The Cameron-style modernisers had certain socially liberal attitudes but those were combined with, and used as a buffer against which to push through, vicious attitudes towards actual social policy.

Indeed, though of course that is something that could equally be applied to the Labour moderates as well. I just think its perhaps notable that all of the Tory "moderates", or at least certainly all the prominent ones, have been booted out within the space of 24 hours and whilst their counterparts in Labour have been sulking / scheming badly for the past ten months.

Wow - I guess may has spent some time sharpening her knives - a massacre of Dave's chumocracy.

Back
Top Bottom