Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

May's Cabinet

Former Justice Secretary Michael Gove has been left wondering why acting like a despicable shit who’ll do anything for personal gain has failed to see him rise to the top of the Conservative party.

After being sacked by new Prime Minister Theresa May, Gove is currently sat at his kitchen table wondering where it all went wrong.

He lamented, “Could it be when I stabbed Boris Johnson in the back in one of the most obvious political assassinations in decades?

“I would have thought that sacrificing the well-being of another person for my own personal gain was the most Conservative thing I could possibly do?

“I don’t know why it hasn’t worked. It’s almost as if cultivating a public persona of an incompetent arsehole would who stab you in the back so much as look at you makes me look unworthy of a senior government position.

“Or maybe it’s that I’m universally disliked by absolutely everyone who has ever fallen under my remit in Education and Justice?

“I don’t know; it’s a mystery.”

New Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson was asked for comment on the sacking of Michael Gove, but reporters were told they would have to wait until he manages to get his breathing back under control after suffering an unexpectedly lengthy laughing fit.

stephen crabb earlier...

hqdefault.jpg

Has anyone been watching any of the TV coverage surrounding May and her coronation on the BBC?

I like to think that I'm a reasonably aware person and have no real illusions about the role the mass media plays in our society but even I have been taken aback by just how sycophantic it has been. No criticism of May, no analysis just sympathetic vox pops and discussion of how wonderful and historic her coronation is.

The coverage really is bad, isn't it? I'm not imagining that it has gotten massively worse and I'm not imagining that in the past it was better than it actually was?

Where does he live? If he had to use Southern Rail maybe there'd be a chance of getting them kicked off the franchise - f**ckers. :mad:

No chance. He has the look of a man who positively enjoys having a really uncomfortable time.

Has anyone been watching any of the TV coverage surrounding May and her coronation on the BBC?

I like to think that I'm a reasonably aware person and have no real illusions about the role the mass media plays in our society but even I have been taken aback by just how sycophantic it has been. No criticism of May, no analysis just sympathetic vox pops and discussion of how wonderful and historic her coronation is.

The coverage really is bad, isn't it? I'm not imagining that it has gotten massively worse and I'm not imagining that in the past it was better than it actually was?

Your"re not imagining it. Its barely watchable.

I heard an incredible report about Osborne this morning on R4 - in a news bulletin, not opinion: the newsreader said that despite having rescued the economy, Osborne paid the 'ultimate price' for his dire warnings on the effects of brexit.

Back
Top Bottom