Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Leytonstone tube station "terrorist incident"?

Would add I just read the interview you suggested. He acknowledges what I say in terms of secular problems and military occupation (I worded it differently) So I don't see that contradicting what I have just stated.
What is your evidence for this?

You're talking about a handful of them in the ME. Do you think targeting markets might have something to do with the desire to cause maximum casualties in crowded areas? The 7/7 bombings here certainly don't support your 'poor areas' theory.

I very much doubt it. That's not what they're about at all. There might be the odd chancer trying to skim a few quid but you wouldn't want to be him when he gets caught.

And they're not trading anything like "billions of dollars of oil".

Couldn't we reasonably describe 911 as "suicide bombings"?

:hmm:

And of course most of the "suicide bombings" that you seem to be referring to have had nothing to do with isil.

Sorry Catboy, but I think you're mostly spouting a load of old pish on this thread.

Well clearly you know no more than me. I'll leave it at that. I can't reveal my 'evidence' or sources. But much of it makes sense to me, even if it doesn't to you.

I'm pleased that so far there hasn't been no parading the Aintnomuslimbruv shouter around in a media circus with him trying to milk as much cash out of it as possible.

They've already booked him onto 'Britain's Got Talen't , Bruv.

There's very little. Most of the evidence that exists points the other way - that suicide operatives are sane, sober and have made a rational choice - along the lines of "I can do more damage to the enemy like this, than by firing bursts from an AK at a distant enemy" - to detonate themselves as human bombs. Plus, most are thoroughly aware that human bombs and car bombs will draw more attention/publicity than a straightforward guerilla war. There's also the fact that most suicide bombers - whether they're members of LTTE, ISIS, HAMAS or whoever - are as often secular types as they are religious zealots.

Should I dig out the pained letter from the Engineeers Association last time there was a study on what profession supplies most suicide bombers?

I'm pleased that so far there hasn't been no parading the Aintnomuslimbruv shouter around in a media circus with him trying to milk as much cash out of it as possible.
Hopefully he's working on a christmas single, which will beat Bono to the number one spot.

Police were called at about 11.22am to reports that a man had been stabbed in the shop in Abingdon, Oxfordshire.

A 36-year-old man from the area was arrested, and is in custody. The shop is closed and police are guarding the scene.

A second man was injured nearby, sustaining a minor injury to his thumb, and officers are investigating whether this is connected to the stabbing at the shop.

Thames Valley police say the attack is not being treated as a terrorist incident at this stage.

:hmm: :facepalm:

I am scared that recent days have seriously desensitised me. I actually found this a tiny bit funny and that is so very not ok.
It was a very bad weekend though, in my defense: I watched an ISIS video which i really should not at all have watched, and then I was on a train that ran over a suicidal person, which was properly horrific, and the next day was Leytonstone. Not sure what to do to step back from this and retain my sense of what is not humourous at all. :(

Last edited:
I guess it's the absurdity, and the waste combined.
I've probably gone on about it already but.. I was a witness this Summer to the death by murder of a 17 year old boy here in my street (I didn't see him killed but saw him dying) . And to the celebrations that followed from kids on the other side of whatever divide that I have no clue about, which did my head in more than the death itself. Anyway, point is I think maybe my attempts to understand what ISIS are about is connected with that. How normal kids can glory in the murder of someone who was from the wrong postcode or whatever. Anyway, honestly I don't know whether the end result is just to confirm my worst most darkest beliefs about humans in general, and end up finding poundland funny. :(

I've probably gone on about it already but.. I was a witness this Summer to the death by murder of a 17 year old boy here in my street (I didn't see him killed but saw him dying) . And to the celebrations that followed from kids on the other side of whatever divide that I have no clue about, which did my head in more than the death itself. Anyway, point is I think maybe my attempts to understand what ISIS are about is connected with that. How normal kids can glory in the murder of someone who was from the wrong postcode or whatever. Anyway, honestly I don't know whether the end result is just to confirm my worst most darkest beliefs about humans in general, and end up finding poundland funny. :(

:( x

that sounds very traumatic. that would fuck my head.

Man thats really shit. I helped in the funeral arrangements for Alan Cartwright the 15 year old riding his bike when another youth jumped out and stabbed him in the heart along the Caledonian Road. Trying to make sense of it was one of the most depressing experiences of my life. A guy that works for me knows the boy that stabbed him, his kids used to go around his house, I got involved and met the parents because somebody else working with me knew the family. Talk about small degrees of separation

The older I get the harder I find it to take the world seriously, the world seems so fucked up.

Last edited:
Bimble there's a great called Amomgst The Hoods. The author spends a year with a gang based in west Norwood. Really helped me understand...she is centre right, but its still an excellent piece of journalism

Bimble there's a great called Amomgst The Hoods. The author spends a year with a gang based in west Norwood. Really helped me understand...she is centre right, but its still an excellent piece of journalism
[book]? will look thank you.

Does that mean that making ISIS stateless by for instance bombing the territory they currently control into rubble would make ISIS disappear? I have a feeling that the idea would live on without the territory. It's a peculiar kind of nationalism anyway.

Much more likely to bring them together, than disperse them, unfortunately. We saw similar with Serb intervention in Kosovo and Bosnia, and the state of Israel's impingements and assaults on Palestinian territory - assaults on "their" territory just made them dig in harder, and reinforces the belief that the cause and the land is worth fighting for.

Back
Top Bottom