Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Major Incident in Nottingham - 13th June 2023

All fire services should have NILO trained managers. There was a plan for ambulance trusts to adopt it too, not sure what became of that as it’s a few years since I was in that world. The police don’t have them, but the role kind of started as the link to the CT network, certainly that’s where the funding initially came from, so that’s the argument as to why the old bill don’t do it. Trumpton NILOs aren’t just multi agency tac advisors , they do a lot more. There is deffo a case for old bill having JESIP tac advisors (Manchester Arena!) but,…
I think the NILO on duty on the night of the Manchester bombing said something like he didn't know he was on duty

I think the NILO on duty on the night of the Manchester bombing said something like he didn't know he was on duty

Lots of fucks ups all round by many agencies that night. ( I’ve read the reports so you don’t have to…). Also from anecdotes I think it’s the closest to a mutiny there has been in the modern fire service…

Last edited:
Lots of fucks up’s all round by many agencies that night. ( I’ve read the reports so you don’t have to…). Also from anecdotes I think it’s the closest to a mutiny there has been in the modern fire service…
Tbh I rarely take an interest in my old work area these days, only when it's in the headlines.

Fucking burgundy though, they might survive a gunshot or bomb blast just to die of embarrassment, they all look like something off Willy Wonka.

I think it’s officially because it’s a tactical version of red… the fact that quite a lot of water fairies in that line of work are ex-paras has nothing to do with it…

Its a new spec for ambulance services to have ballistics trained staff with a minimum staffing level on at all times now too, although ambulance services are struggling to recruit. I went for it as I'm really interested in the management of major incidents etc, but I'm far too old and fat for HART and I'm still training medically, so even if people argued I'm young enough for HART if I lost weight and got fit, I'd be too old and fat for it by the time I finished my training. I was also under the impression we got water rescue training, which in an ideal world I'd love to do as I'd love to be in the RLNI or some kind of marine SAR/Underwater rescue role...... but this is all stuff I should of get my act together to do 20 years ago instead of getting smashed every weekend.

The new ones are called SORT, trained to work in orange zones for HAZCHEM incidents in PRPS and orange zones for MTA in ballistics gear. Although, technically any ambulance staff can be committed to a red zone, trained or untrained, but I don't think that would ever happen unless in dire situations.
When I was in the ambulance service many years ago we were once called to a shooting (Liverpool 8 😉). I asked the plod in attendance had the shooter been detained, he said “not sure”. I told him until he or somebody knowledgeable was able to assure me they had been we weren’t approaching. Our mantra was in order avoiding danger to self, then the public, then those directly involved…Those were the days….

When I was in the ambulance service many years ago we were once called to a shooting (Liverpool 8 😉). I asked the plod in attendance had the shooter been detained, he said “not sure”. I told him until he or somebody knowledgeable was able to assure me they had been we weren’t approaching. Our mantra was in order avoiding danger to self, then the public, then those directly involved…Those were the days….
That should still be the case.... However we're finding more and more that police are refusing to attend unless we've actually been attacked already (granted reports of a firearm are the exception, they'll always attend, just how long it takes is another matter).

Over a decade ago, as a community nurse in South London I dialled 999 as a patient was very unwell, paranoid, and sat in his front room pointing what I hoped was an airgun out of the window waiting for the 'people' to come and attack. The police advised me to call back if he started shooting people.

Long story short it ended OK for everyone, but it was one of the longest shifts of my career.

What's all the talk of an OCG? Three randoms on the street dead, three randoms on the street injured. That's sweet f.a to do with organised crime.

What's all the talk of an OCG? Three randoms on the street dead, three randoms on the street injured. That's sweet f.a to do with organised crime.

Don’t think the media have said OCG yet: In sunny Luton the method de jour for drug gangs settling their differences was to run each other other and then get stabby. They didn’t normally stab vehicle owners and steal their vans though so possibly/ probably not pertinent here.

That should still be the case.... However we're finding more and more that police are refusing to attend unless we've actually been attacked already (granted reports of a firearm are the exception, they'll always attend, just how long it takes is another matter).
The police attended but because it was Liverpool 8 wanted us to go in first. Not likely….

Son Q has texted us to let us know he got home, the trams are still not running so rush hour in Nottingham was extra chaotic tonight (it's not good at the best of times). Getting a bus was out of the question the queues were way too long so he walked for about half an hour to the Business Park at NG2 where one of his mates works and he gave Son Q a lift to Toton to get his car.

Apparently according to Plod as well as the two students (one of whom has been named) the third victim was a guy in his 50's believed to be the original owner of the stolen van that was used to run down the bus queue.

Back
Top Bottom