Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Major Incident in Nottingham - 13th June 2023

Oh fuck off, what do you want, random speculation and half formed nonsense (even more than normal) reported while something is ongoing.

They're fueling random speculation by letting the internet go crazy. That is poor media management. This occurred at 5.30am.

They're fueling random speculation by letting the internet go crazy. That is poor media management. This occurred at 5.30am.
I’m no media manager clearly but I’d have thought it’s better to say as little as possible about a potentially active and fluid event until 1) it’s concluded or stabilised and 2) the full facts are known.

This isn’t a press release about toothpaste FFS

The actual facts of each incident will take time to establish. Forensic analysis takes precision and a lot of time. They have to think about evidence for any future trial.

Releasing speculation that Barry* from Manor Road* has gone on what looks like a drug-alcohol-butane fuelled rampage and has hurt multiple people in a van would make people panic needlessly.

* Random names, no real person is identified here

Grim stuff. As usual though, BBC/Sky news just has non stop pictures of cordoned off streets showing absolutely nothing. GB news has an 'Exclusive' of what looks like some phone camera footage of someone being arrested but largely obscured by scaffolding on a 10 second endless loop. It's desperate.

Because the emergency services don't like to speculate in fluid unclear situations, because otherwise, at best, people bang on afterwards about how they put out the wrong information, or another conspiraloon theory gets born and at worst the public make wrong decisions based on guess work and people die .
And yet even with this there is a sorry history of lies coming from the cops for quite some time be that eg Hillsborough or the killing of Ian Tomlinson to name but two instances

And yet even with this there is a sorry history of lies coming from the cops for quite some time be that eg Hillsborough or the killing of Ian Tomlinson to name but two instances
Indeed. You aren't wrong.

I wonder how many Nottingham librarians drove like fuck and ran towards the person or people who was killing people alongside the cops. fire fighters and ambulance staff who tipped out this morning?

Indeed. You aren't wrong.

I wonder how many Nottingham librarians drove like fuck and ran towards the person or people who was killing people alongside the cops. fire fighters and ambulance staff who tipped out this morning?
you used to be a much better poster

Reactions: tim
Helicopters scouting the city now. I am guessing it's just precautions in case of further attacks.

Unique to U75 Update from Son Q,
Apparently he parked his car at Toton Lane tram stop this morning as usual and went to catch the 6am tram only to be told they weren't running.
Son Q: Why not?
Tram Driver: Dunno mate, just been told I have to stop here and tell people to catch the bus instead.
Clearly confusion is not just restricted to the media.

Back
Top Bottom