Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Vile, disgusting, entitled, predatory man hassles brave woman on unmanned railway station

View attachment 399007

Was there no panic button on stashion.

According to this they have one, but would it have helped if there weren't any staff anyway?

THE PANIC BUTTON ONCE PRESSED GOES TO BTP if no Staff about or Ticket office is shut.
Find then on your travels and stand near one if worried.

What happens when you press the emergency button?
According to UndergroundInsider, when someone presses the emergency button it sends a call to the station control room with a specific alert sound that the supervisor will recognise.
What’s good to know is that even if there is no one around in the control room, or if the station is too small to have one, an emergency call will be forwarded on to either the British Transport Police or the London Underground Control Centre who can both organise assistance.

Last edited:
I've never really noticed them before. If I was getting grief, I'm not sure if finding one of them and waiting for a response would be to the forefront of my mind.
Me either. Also if it were me, I'd feel safer out in the open on the platform than heading somewhere more secluded (thinking of my local station, there are various sets of steps/corridors which are much quieter) looking for one. Especially with a predatory man potentially following me.

Me either. Also if it were me, I'd feel safer out in the open on the platform than heading somewhere more secluded (thinking of my local station, there are various sets of steps/corridors which are much quieter) looking for one. Especially with a predatory man potentially following me.
Afaik they’re on the platform rather than tucked away somewhere.

Yep. My local station is on that same train line but much busier than Bruce Grove and I have never, ever seen BTP there.
I’m sure I heard a few years ago that BTP stopped patrolling London Overground as London Overground had stopped paying them. Can’t find much about it from a brief google though.

• Sad
Reactions: Sue
#post-18378757

I missed es off end of goes

I watched again That any way to talk to a lady (Caveman style)

Attachments

• button.png
    button.png
    750.7 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom