Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Leytonstone tube station "terrorist incident"?

it's a satirical masterpiece.

on one hand it is it treats the characters with empathy, understanding, is broad, exploratory, humanising

on the other hand it mocks the characters, rips the piss out of them, makes them into characters of ridicule rather than fear.

incredible skilled bit of film making, imo.

I haven't seen this... I might try and watch tonight... smacks of Alf Garnett... till death us do part.

Sounds good to me. You don't need a publishing house now to get read, that bit comes later. :)

I hope so! Its a sequel to something I wrote last year. I have sent that story to a publisher's after getting good feedback online. I don't know how to go about marketing my stuff online though. I was putting parts of this story online to get feedback as a first draft but when the paris attack happened I deleted it off the internet as I didn't want to be insensitive and i was worried people would read it and get the idea i was a terrorist.

bimble Its about a group of communist/anti fascist rebels that are trying to overthrow a far right government (which took power in the last book) but then ISIS turn up and start trying to infiltrate the group and take it over.

bimble Its about a group of communist/anti fascist rebels that are trying to overthrow a far right government (which took power in the last book) but then ISIS turn up and start trying to infiltrate the group and take it over.
Sounds interesting and scarily believable. . Do some of the original revolutionary group go over to the ISIS way of thinking?

Sounds interesting and scarily believable. . Do some of the original revolutionary group go over to the ISIS way of thinking?

well i haven't written that happening although i might.

it's more to do with people thinking that they've changed or that they're not worth worrying about. and like people naively thinking they should make deals with them and ask for their help to get rid of the government etc.

and having to deal with them because there's no choice (ie isis having a huge stash of weapons and them having nowhere else to buy weapons from).

so like in the story a couple of guys get kidnapped and some of the fighters say "oh well if it's really ISIS they obviously have a lot more weapons etc than we have and a lot more of a chance of winning so we should ask for their help and try and talk to them and get them to stop trying to kill us"

and when the identity of the spy is revealed few people want to believe it.

so like in the story a couple of guys get kidnapped and some of the fighters say "oh well if it's really ISIS they obviously have a lot more weapons etc than we have and a lot more of a chance of winning so we should ask for their help and try and talk to them and get them to stop trying to kill us"

and when the identity of the spy is revealed few people want to believe it.

Yep. Of all the posters here I think you're the most cynical / realist I've noticed when it comes to seeing how the pragmatism of humans (instead of ideals) accounts for a lot of the worst of the world.

Yep. Of all the posters here I think you're the most cynical / realist I've noticed when it comes to seeing how the pragmatism of humans (instead of ideals) accounts for a lot of the worst of the world.

I'm not that cynical mate, not really. :)

in the story there are plenty of people who hate isis, one of the reasons people don't realise who it is is because it's the sister of a girl that was killed during the last story and many people kind of think this girl must be a nice person as well, they think they know her as they played together as kids etc so the idea she could have joined an organisation as evil as isis is unthinkable to them, so they ignore the signs (and she's really good at covering up for herself). when the betrayal is revealed (and im writing that part now) its fucking horrendous :(

there's a bloke in my story who looks like a typical "jihadi" with a beard and everything, and he's a very religous muslim, so everyone suspects that it's him, and also because he's quite naive, but it's not him and the poor guy just gets blamed for being a spy. they eventually realise it's not him though :D

There's probably lots of film scripts turning up on desks in hollywood around now, with evil beardies in who get blown up at length etc. Keep writing frogwoman.

There's probably lots of film scripts turning up on desks in hollywood around now, with evil beardies in who get blown up at length etc. Keep writing frogwoman.

yeah, i made the religious guy with the beard the innocent one that everyone suspects but isn't really.

But (bit seriously) this is why I think the stupid teenaged twits who have gone out there & now want to come back should be allowed to return, instead of getting to be martyrs (shot for desertion or whatever):
They should be flown back and interviewed in depth about what it was really like out there, how there was no toilet paper and they had to wipe their arses with stones, how they had to kill people they had no problem with, and forced to tour schools repeating their pathetic stories forever.

No Fuck'em. Dead and lost in a foreign land where they chose to bring misery to strangers.

they're set in a town that's pretty much based on high wycombe :D

You need some hipsters in there, relocate them to High Wycombe opening a gourmet baked beans on toast shop, because they can't afford Walthamstow... then embroil them into the plot it could then evolve into an arthouse movie at a pop up cinema in Dalston!

No Fuck'em. Dead and lost in a foreign land where they chose to bring misery to strangers.
Yeah I know, most people agree with you. Reason for me saying the other thing is that I can't think of any better way to reduce number of new recruits can you?

Back
Top Bottom