Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Just when I thought the Olympics couldn't depress me further....

Anybody heard anything from disable sports people or sporting orgs about atos being involved (as opposed to the obviousprotests from disabled groups more generally)? Maybe the disable athletes who are actually in the games might have other things on their mind, but the wider disabled sporting scene?

Be an optimist Pickman. Hope that the Surrey police have been on a rapid disability awareness training.

I wish it had been rubber ducks in his pocket and not a rubber knife.

Is it an offence to carry a rubber knife?

Is it an offence to grimace when constipated?

Be an optimist Pickman. Hope that the Surrey police have been on a rapid disability awareness training.

I wish it had been rubber ducks in his pocket and not a rubber knife.
police-billboard.jpg

Expect to see mass arrests at the Paralympic games by people pulling strange faces and making unusual body movements which may give rise to a threat of terrorism or acute embarrassment to the sponsors.

Let's hope that no teams of body-poppers go to watch any Olympic events!

" ...The man was positioned close to a small group of protesters and based on his manner, his state of dress..."

I trust their will be new legislation in the next queen's speech informing us all what is the appropriate and legal attire for being out in public. No doubt their will be clauses stipulating what is suitable for (a) Public Parks (b) Shopping Centres (d) Discos-Raves (e) Veterinary Waiting Rooms etc.

Blimey. I spent the last few weeks in Greenwich mostly wearing an irritated scowl at all the grandstands, fences, tents, cameras, body-scanners, official cars, security guards and latterly squaddies that the place filled up with in the run-up to the games. Perhaps I should have been arrested for not walking around with a fixed grin. :rolleyes:

I'm so bloody glad I'm not in London. Aside from a few BT bus adverts and posters at the station, and a bit of breathless coverage in the local paper about that boxer from here who's apparently done quite well, Hull is refreshingly free of Olympics nonsense. :cool:

Blimey. I spent the last few weeks in Greenwich mostly wearing an irritated scowl at all the grandstands, fences, tents, cameras, body-scanners, official cars, security guards and latterly squaddies that the place filled up with in the run-up to the games. Perhaps I should have been arrested for not walking around with a fixed grin. :rolleyes:

I'm so bloody glad I'm not in London. Aside from a few BT bus adverts and posters at the station, and a bit of breathless coverage in the local paper about that boxer from here who's apparently done quite well, Hull is refreshingly free of Olympics nonsense. :cool:
hull ain't a bad place to be

"The man was positioned close to a small group of protesters and based on his manner, his state of dress and his proximity to the course, officers made an arrest to prevent a possible breach of the peace," Surrey police said in a statement.

So the feckers are clairvoyant now are they?? FFS!! :facepalm:

"The man was positioned close to a small group of protesters and based on his manner, his state of dress and his proximity to the course, officers made an arrest to prevent a possible breach of the peace," Surrey police said in a statement.

So the feckers are clairvoyant now are they?? FFS!! :facepalm:

A mate of mine is a copper and they had this 'observation' round at a pub quiz we did like in the old Krypton Factor and he was amazing at it. The cops probably saw something matching a 'suspicious' profile but this one was obv a false positive. It's all about spotting differences from 'normal' patterns - that just goes a bit wrong sometimes.

The absence of the normal and presence of the abnormal. Was the term we had drilled into us so a non smiling man would trip lots of switches. Should have been able to clear it up pretty quickly though.

Back
Top Bottom