Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Julie Burchill forced to apologise for twitter comments , and pay out a fat wedge .

The first two Godfathers are among my favourite films. I regularly rewatch them. But I quite agree, Citizen Kane is a yawnfest. Beautifully lit, but dull dull dull.
Getting chin-scratchy, I think CK (and all Welles stuff really) is very atypical of American films. He's not a big one for the conventional story arc or resolution. More European in his sensibility. He was the perfect director to tackle The Trial, I think, which is my favourite Welles film.

Getting chin-scratchy, I think CK (and all Welles stuff really) is very atypical of American films. He's not a big one for the conventional story arc or resolution. More European in his sensibility. He was the perfect director to tackle The Trial, I think, which is my favourite Welles film.
If we’re being controversial, my favourite Welles film (as director) is the Magnificent Ambersons.

we really should have a pseud's corner for things like this

Reactions: tim
Reminds me of one of my favourite jokes:
"Which of the slopes is best for slalom would you say?"
"Sorry, I'm not a skier, I'm a tobogganist."
"Oh, well I'll just have twenty Silk Cut then."
That joke was under discussion on the Bandwidthz thread last night but it was 20 B & H. :D

I don't think that's quite the killer point you think it is, given that nobody jumped in and screamed 'racist' while you were away.

But sometimes things are as they seem. Being arsey about providing halal food (which doesn't have to include meat, btw) when you know you have Muslims visiting is probably motivated by something more than innocent ignorance.
I didn't ever think I had any killer point, nor would I be daft enough to think any urbanites would fall for the obvious trap. Which is why I put it there. I can be quite predictable.

Halal encompasses a lot more than just meat, but it's the main thing people get bothered about, ime.

IME people who're 'bothered' about halal slaughter practices but not bothered about standard UK slaughter practices aren't actually bothered about halal slaughter practices at all.
By which I meant that when I've had Muslim friends round to eat they've not enquired about the origins of the salad.

Its pretty overhyped, i havent made it to the end and fast forwarded through the middle

Cc31iQd7rBcC.gif

Back
Top Bottom