Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Johann Hari admits copying and pasting interview quotes

I guess it depends on your definition of 'journalist'.

I didn't mean columnist vs journo, I meant "relying solely on own research" and "writing with searing objectivity". Noone does that. Research is always reliant on other sources and writing can never be searingly objective, unless we're talking maths.

Hari isn't in shit for using other peoples research or for writing from a subjective partisan position, those are perfectly legitimate things to do.

He is in shit for being a lying little cunt who stole other peoples interviews/writings and presenting them as his own, as arising from interviews he gave.Oh and he;s also in bother for just outright lying.
you forget about the wikivandalism

Everytime something bad is exposed there's someone going well are you surprised? No i'm not what? I can only like things that i didn't expect?

(tobes is that you? - not tobyjug) Glee at the expected death of an enemy. Expectations only come into it if they're caught -we 're not used to people being caught (hence your lack of examples). I didn't expect him to be caught. You're saying that you did and many more.

(tobes is that you? - not tobyjug) Glee at the expected death of an enemy. Expectations only come into it if they're caught -we 're not used to people being caught (hence your lack of examples). I didn't expect him to be caught. You're saying that you did and many more.
Fair enough, I suppose I'd always assumed that it was a given that he was a bit of a charlatan.

No idea about your references to Toby. You're weird.

You mean the fake apology from months ago, the one he lied in. Say no fucking more.

Maybe you'd like to try the latest version of the apology to get up to date and all.

You're trying very hard to be cynical but you're not. you fllatten all things into one. You're the useful idiot that says oh that's just journalism. You're not much use to me like that. I know who'd like to hear more of what you have to say though.

Visiting his parents for the first time since he last needed money the young loyola told his parents they had to break the mould, stopping only to ask how and where you vote.

Back
Top Bottom