Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Johann Hari admits copying and pasting interview quotes

Ignatious, any examples of the sort of thing Hari did that spring to mind? It should be pretty abundant right? Blow our minds.

Not to hand, no. I'm not defending him, I'm just a bit surprised at the righteous indignation. If you post up any interview piece of your choosing that's been written by a hack with any kind of agenda I'll probably spot the odd part where he or she has tried to lead the reader. I'm sure you could too. It's what they do. He's just very, very shit at it, is all.

Not to hand, no. I'm not defending him, I'm just a bit surprised at the righteous indignation. If you post up any interview piece of your choosing that's been written by a hack with any kind of agenda I'll probably spot the odd part where he or she has tried to lead the reader. I'm sure you could too. It's what they do. He's just very, very shit at it, is all.
Keep walking lad.

He obviously made himself some enemies. When you opt to make yourself high profile and unpopular it's usually wise to ensure that your own knickers are always kept well laundered.

During this the New Statesmen were presented with evidence that Hari was David Rose by two different writers. They refused to publish -why?

Good question. The likes of David Allen Green were the ones pushing the story when clearly others held the hard evidence.

Edit. i'm drunk, ignore me!

Keep walking lad.
How about you explain why you feel that this incident is of such magnitude? You havent done that yet. You've just chucked your toys out of the pram and then resorted to bully boy tactics when asked why you feel so let down by this news. Are you genuinely surprised that these things go on?

How about you explain why you feel that this incident is of such magnitude? You havent done that yet. You've just chucked your toys out of the pram and then resorted to bully boy tactics when asked why you feel so let down by this news. Are you genuinely surprised that these things go on?
Now loyala that's not true is it? I invited you to read the fucking thread

Later that night, as he thanked me for the best birthday present he had ever received, I explained I was going to have his ass tattooed. `Property of Leroy Jones. Access strictly forbidden except to owner.' I had it done a week later. You might see us around, my boy and me. I'm the one with the sharp suit and the big dick. He's the one with the tight ass, staring at his brother with silent love, ready at a moment's order to drop to his knees or to part his ass cheeks for his boss. If you see us, come say hi and get your wallet ready. I have lots of fit, prime boys you can buy -- and one very special one you can't

Let down? Ah you're a good one. Seriously, fuck off, read the thread.

I invited you to read the fucking thread
No you didn't, but I did read your link in the OP.
Later that night, as he thanked me for the best birthday present he had ever received, I explained I was going to have his ass tattooed. `Property of Leroy Jones. Access strictly forbidden except to owner.' I had it done a week later. You might see us around, my boy and me. I'm the one with the sharp suit and the big dick. He's the one with the tight ass, staring at his brother with silent love, ready at a moment's order to drop to his knees or to part his ass cheeks for his boss. If you see us, come say hi and get your wallet ready. I have lots of fit, prime boys you can buy -- and one very special one you can't

Who the fuck's loyola and what's this all about?

Well now is your opportunity. The link in the OP has been superceded by stuff that hari admitted to today. What the fuck do you think all these posts around yours are on about?

There is a passage in that novel that parodies Dan Brown before it was written... Whichproves that I have read Dan Brown.:(

Great phrase,can i use it? Oddly enough Hari feels that he's enough of a now known lying cunt to pretend to do something about it. Can you think of a comparable exercise?
What, you mean can I think of someone in the public eye who's been found out and takes some sort of 'sabatical' by way of pennance? Not for the life of me....

What, you mean can I think of someone in the public eye who's been found out and takes some sort of 'sabatical' by way of pennance? Not for the life of me....
No, i mean a journalist who has been found out in the way Hari has. It's your point that they're ten-a-penny, so let's have 5 bobs worth.

Well, thanks for that.Doesn't help our young Jesuit on his quest does it?

I'm not gonna have this conversation all over again, and frankly things have moved on since this thread first started, but I still can't quite bring myself to care all that much that Hari is a lying shit. Most journos are either shit or lying or both. IME.

Edith: :p

No, i mean a journalist who has been found out in the way Hari has. It's your point that they're ten-a-penny, so let's have 5 bobs worth.
Nope. But by the same token can you name a columnist who relies solely upon their own research and writes every piece with searing objectivity?

Nope. But by the same token can you name a columnist who relies solely upon their own research and writes every piece with searing objectivity?

Hari isn't in shit for using other peoples research or for writing from a subjective partisan position, those are perfectly legitimate things to do.

He is in shit for being a lying little cunt who stole other peoples interviews/writings and presenting them as his own, as arising from interviews he gave.Oh and he;s also in bother for just outright lying.

Back
Top Bottom