Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Israel in coordinated missile attacks on Gaza

More horse-shit.
We don't know the identity of the persons launching what you laughably describe as "missiles" (they're actually unguided mortar-type weapons that rely on trigonometry for targetting), we don't know whether it's being done by members of HAMAS, members of other political groups, or even by agents provocateurs.

In fact, rocket attacks from Gaza are routinely fired by members of the al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigade, the military wing of Fatah. These are routinely blamed on Hamas to justify Israeli incursions. Check this report and video:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2007/oct/25/google.israel

Been watching the footage on al jazeera.

Not nice at all.
Al Jazeera have two reporters on the ground in Gaza at the moment, so they have the capacity to do lives from where it's happening.

It can be watched online via Livestation.com (and so can BBC, CNN, Russia Today, CCTV, etc etc etc).

ETA: Just been watching death toll currently stands at 205. :(

205 people dead in what is effectively a bit of Israeli pre-election muscle flexing.

If Israel truly wanted to defend itself against rocket attacks it'd use counter-battery measures against the launch sites.

So, that's about 600 Gazans killed by the IDF in 2008. Israeli death toll from the mortars? Probably less than 10 since 2000

Its sad that this has come to this but I don't feel that Israeli politicians really had much choice but to do something about Hamas. There will be significant civilian casualties due to Hamas sighting military assets such as rocket launch sites and as shown today their military and police bases in densely populated civilian areas as they did in Southern Lebanon.

The rocket attacks from Gaza have been bourne for possibly as long as practicable and in the face of continual breaches of the ceasefire by Hamas and their allies and the fact that the Israeli govt had withdrawn from Gaza along with Israeli settlers who were living there.

The next stage looks like a land operation and hopefully neutralising the police and military who are loyal to Hamas will make the action of stabiising Gaza less bloody. When the Gaza strip is stabilised and humanitarian supplies such as food etc can flow again some thought will need to be given to how to administer a democratic Gaza which is no threat to its neighbours. Hamas have been a disaster for the Palestinians

It gives me great sadness that this matter has come to this but Israel does have a right to exist and does have a right to defend itself. I think that the best we can hope for is that Hamas is dealt with properly with the minimum of civilian casualties.

I am sure if they where given 10 odd billion by the Americans to have tanks and jets they would have their military anywhere.

What i find dispicable is how the zionists IDF mix with all the civilians in "the Jewish State"

I am not sure Israel does have a right to exist given their oppression of the Palestinans. They have shown themselves to be every bit as nazi as the germans in WWII

And this is the British governments response. You can see the hands of the israeli friends of labour party and the israeli friends of the conservative working over time here.

What i want to know is when the British government states that Palestinans have a right to defend themselves and resist the oppressive illegal occupation

British Foreign Office Statement
""The only way to achieve lasting peace in Gaza is through peaceful means. Whilst we understand the Israeli government's obligation to protect its population we urge maximum restraint to avoid further civilian casualties.

"We also call on militants in the Gaza Strip to immediately cease all rocket attacks on Israel."

It's disgraceful. It's the annoyance of my life. Scummy bastards murdering people at xmas. Atrocity after atrocity.

I remember the 'tunnel' shit a little while ago, knew they were building up to something, again. Every few months or so it's another big one.

They never fail to unimpress me...one-trick showmen with a painted on smile which masks centuries-old hate.

Its sad that this has come to this but I don't feel that Israeli politicians really had much choice but to do something about Hamas. There will be significant civilian casualties due to Hamas sighting military assets such as rocket launch sites and as shown today their military and police bases in densely populated civilian areas as they did in Southern Lebanon.

The rocket attacks from Gaza have been bourne for possibly as long as practicable and in the face of continual breaches of the ceasefire by Hamas and their allies and the fact that the Israeli govt had withdrawn from Gaza along with Israeli settlers who were living there.

The next stage looks like a land operation and hopefully neutralising the police and military who are loyal to Hamas will make the action of stabiising Gaza less bloody. When the Gaza strip is stabilised and humanitarian supplies such as food etc can flow again some thought will need to be given to how to administer a democratic Gaza which is no threat to its neighbours. Hamas have been a disaster for the Palestinians

It gives me great sadness that this matter has come to this but Israel does have a right to exist and does have a right to defend itself. I think that the best we can hope for is that Hamas is dealt with properly with the minimum of civilian casualties.

Zachor = Wanker!

Once again the Israeli authorities have shown that they could not give a shit about palestinian civilian casualties. :(

Do you really think most of the nationalist-Zionist fucks who set policy in the state of Israel give a fucking rat's arse about JHWH's promise to Moses?
How many Jews do you think give a fucking rat's arse about Judaism except as a cultural appurtenance?

Indeed.

Consider this: If they actually followed 'an eye for an eye' they would not be killing this many people. ;)

And this is the British governments response. You can see the hands of the israeli friends of labour party and the israeli friends of the conservative working over time here.

What i want to know is when the British government states that Palestinans have a right to defend themselves and resist the oppressive illegal occupation

British Foreign Office Statement
""The only way to achieve lasting peace in Gaza is through peaceful means. Whilst we understand the Israeli government's obligation to protect its population we urge maximum restraint to avoid further civilian casualties.

"We also call on militants in the Gaza Strip to immediately cease all rocket attacks on Israel."

Thats actually a far better statement than most out there (especially from the White House), and anyway they are very unlikely to blame the Israelis completely, even when it is deserved.

Its also correct (I forget who said it here) that this is very likely to be more about domestic Israeli pre-electoral politics than it is about any legitimate defensive acts - as this report on Livni and Netanyahu's responses shows.

I have a horrible feeling that we in the West missed a huge opening for some form of rapproachment when Hamas got in, and have instead backed demonstrably useless and clueless fools like Bush and Olmert instead, which has led us to this pass.

Gordon brown PLEADS for israel to stop (whilst at the same time does billions of pounds of business with the "Jewish State"

Lol the british government is PLEADING, what happened to our sovereignty

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5iH9QblV6YJDsE6fNhfRRTvjugKDw

Gordon Brown has pleaded with Israel to show "restraint" after a devastating wave of airstrikes killed more than 200 people in Gaza.

Hundreds more were injured as the territory suffered its bloodiest day for decades - raising fears that tit-for-tat clashes are spiralling out of control.

Zachor: vermin. He should be put in a camp.

I see the glorious British Left is showing its true colours yet again. :rolleyes:

The real victims of all this fighting are the ordinary palestinian but a clash like this was on the cards since they voted in the nutters of Hamas. I don't think that the UK govt would tolerate an independently administered Isle of Wight lobbing missiles into Southampton for a fraction as long as the Israeli govt has tolerated missiles reining down on its towns.

This attack is a tragedy for all but by no means can all the blame be put on the Israeli govt, some blame must be laid at the feet of Hamas.

What's this 'stabilised' nonsense? How about I come round your gaff mob-handed and 'stabilise' you and your family, not once but repeatedly. :(

I'm not lobbing petrol bombs (which would be equivilant in your scenario) at my neighbours which is the sort of thing that would require stabilisation from an outside force.

If not Israel please tell me who should deal with the problem of Hamas as they are certainly not the group who can lead the Palestinians out of the current morass. Maybe you think like some that the only way this to be solved peacefully is for the former Mandate nation to take over the disputed areas? Or maybe the EU should administer Gaza because Hamas are sure doing a shitty job of administering it. Remove Hamas and open the border crossings.

Gordon brown PLEADS for israel to stop (whilst at the same time does billions of pounds of business with the "Jewish State"

Lol the british government is PLEADING, what happened to our sovereignty

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5iH9QblV6YJDsE6fNhfRRTvjugKDw

Gordon Brown has pleaded with Israel to show "restraint" after a devastating wave of airstrikes killed more than 200 people in Gaza.

Hundreds more were injured as the territory suffered its bloodiest day for decades - raising fears that tit-for-tat clashes are spiralling out of control.

I'm a bit confused here. What do you expect Brown to do? Launch an attack on Israel?

How does asking someone to stop hurting others threaten your sovereignty?

on second thoughts - what do you mean by sovereignty?

I'm a bit confused here. What do you expect Brown to do? Launch an attack on Israel?

How does asking someone to stop hurting others threaten your sovereignty?

on second thoughts - what do you mean by sovereignty?

Let me clarify it. Britain does not have to launch an attack on israel to condemn it. It just has to stop the billions of trade, just as they eventually did with the racist south african apartheid.

And sovereignty means the best interests of Britain and not Israel.

I see the glorious British Left is showing its true colours yet again. :rolleyes:

The real victims of all this fighting are the ordinary palestinian but a clash like this was on the cards since they voted in the nutters of Hamas. I don't think that the UK govt would tolerate an independently administered Isle of Wight lobbing missiles into Southampton for a fraction as long as the Israeli govt has tolerated missiles reining down on its towns.

This attack is a tragedy for all but by no means can all the blame be put on the Israeli govt, some blame must be laid at the feet of Hamas.

But the palestinans have been under the zionazis jackboots from day one , regardless of the leaders in palestine

I see the glorious British Left is showing its true colours yet again. [I'm not the "glorious British Left" - just some fucker with an internet connection like you. Plus I wasn't showing my true colours you idiot - I was baiting you, just like you're attempting to bait others with your trolling bullshit. Funny though when fuckwit trollers become fuckwit trollees (due to their idiocy)] :rolleyes: [the last refuge of a fuckwit]

The real victims [who's deaths you justify] of all this fighting are the ordinary palestinian but a clash like this was on the cards since they voted in the nutters of Hamas [so it's their fault after all then - naughty Palestinians deserve to die for electing the wrong people. Zachor - double vermin, send him to the camp]. I don't think that the UK govt would tolerate an independently administered Isle of Wight lobbing missiles into Southampton for a fraction as long as the Israeli govt has tolerated missiles reining down on its towns [mmmm, the analogy may break down on virtually every level though. Certainly not a stable basis for an argument, not least because it's hypothetical].

This attack is a tragedy for all but by no means can all the blame be put on the Israeli govt [what blame? - I thought you supported it or at least justify it - yes did, see the paragraph above], some blame must be laid at the feet of Hamas. [what percentage exactly Mr Back peddler - jesus you can't get a decent troll these days]

0​

Let me clarify it. Britain does not have to launch an attack on israel to condemn it. It just has to stop the billions of trade, just as they eventually did with the racist south african apartheid.

And sovereignty means the best interests of Britain and not Israel.

hmmm - maybe the best interests of Britain is to keep up trade with Israel.

For me, sovereignty is the same idea as the right to self-determination - the right to act of behalf of your country-folks.

You have sovereignty - you hold elections and the winning party is the voice of your government. You don't have another country deciding whether or not you can past laws or any other freedoms that a sovereign state holds.

Your sovereign nation decided to condemn the Gaza strip attacks. Sorry that is not to your liking - next time vote for someone else.

I'd agree with this pretty much. But the only real way for Israel to neutralize Hamas is to negotiate in a meaningful way with Fatah in the WB that leads to a country of Palestine along side Israel.

Pounding Hamas positions may slow the rocket attacks at Israel for a while, but this will lead to Hamas being seen as a hero in the Arab world unfortunately.

I agree, clearly The Jewish state is not a beacon of light that it was meant to be. So lets call it what it is "colonized Palestine". Where the people are living under jackboots, but this time it is not nazi jackboots, but zionazi jackboots.

And the Israeli friends of labour and Conservative are supporting this oppression.
www.lfi.org.uk/
www.cfoi.co.uk/

when are we going to get Britain back?

:hmm:

There will be significant civilian casualties due to Hamas sighting military assets such as rocket launch sites and as shown today their military and police bases in densely populated civilian areas as they did in Southern Lebanon.

Yes, bloody fiendish of them to site their police stations in densely populated areas... :rolleyes:

It's disgraceful. It's the annoyance of my life. Scummy bastards murdering people at xmas. Atrocity after atrocity.

I remember the 'tunnel' shit a little while ago, knew they were building up to something, again. Every few months or so it's another big one.

They never fail to unimpress me...one-trick showmen with a painted on smile which masks centuries-old hate.

they're fucking repulsive.

Back
Top Bottom