Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ireland Election 2020

The slow unravelling of an uninspired mind is some sight to behold, witness Leo losing it about Sinn Fein public meeting about the formation of a government. Leo thinks that talking about politics in a public forum is an unwelcome development and politics should be left to the ballot box, Pearse Doherty: Criticism from other parties about Sinn Féin public rally 'nothing but hysterics'

I think Leo would like to the public order act used to raid licensed premises when old lads have a jar and talk about what a prick he is or have the ERU take pot shots at mum and baby yoga groups in Herbert Park.

Brian Hanley weighs in with an excellent contribution that the parties of capitalism don’t want to lose office and are now fighting back.
Others, usually sotto voce, echo the view of the political correspondent John Drennan who once suggested that Sinn Féin supporters existed on a diet of “chips, Dutch Gold and batter burgers” – a nod to the party’s supporters being mainly working class.
John Drennan. I thought that drunken old wreck was dead. I don't want to know what his diet consists of.

WTF, I love Fintan O'Toole now:

(this one has to be seen to be believed, especially the accompanying caricature)
Provo washing = Slab Murphy's bed bath?

How long do Irish posters see the current situation lasting? I suppose coronavirus has given Varadkar an extension but sooner or later he's going to be ousted surely?

Yeah I think they’ll prolong the inevitable grand coalition for a week or two* yet so that as the Covid issue starts getting worse they can portray themselves as reluctantly going into government for the good of the country, its beyond cynical and ultimately will not do them any good.

* Leo and the rest of the zombies will have to get their trips away for paddies day celebrations although I think Humphries has cancelled her jaunt.

Should add that humphries the Business Minister is staying behind because most of the Hospitality and tourism industry is looking like shite as the public events have been cancelled leaving lots of angry hoteliers around threatening job losses and demanding guarantees.

Yeah I think they’ll prolong the inevitable grand coalition for a week or two* yet so that as the Covid issue starts getting worse they can portray themselves as reluctantly going into government for the good of the country, its beyond cynical and ultimately will not do them any good.

Shadow boxing coming to an end, FG and FF forming government
Both Fianna Fáil and Fine Gael met this afternoon and had a productive meeting. They both agree the need to form a strong stable government that will help Ireland recover post Covid-19.

They are working to develop a programme for government that provides stability and majority support in the Dáil. They will meet again over the coming days and will both continue to reach out and engage with other parties.
Doesn't say who will be Taoiseach

Some of the bourgeois press is arguing for Varadkar to keep the job as “it’s not the time for novices” or spook the markets blah but with FF being the biggest party who knows.

What ever happens the two bosses parties in a grand coalition is massive, and in this crisis they might not last long.

Leo and Mick looking to take the country down the lack of scrutiny route with the coni encouragement of fucking Labour and the green par-tea.

The minister for health. They're going to get us all killed one way or another.

Minister for Health Simon Harris has apologised for making what he called an “awful boo-boo” by incorrectly saying during a radio interview that there were 18 other coronaviruses before Covid-19.

We've forgotten the fact the greens still might be the dumbest bunch of fucks ever to sit in the Dail.

Watch FFG promise the earth to get a partner to carry the can for inevitable mess that they'll make in government.

Last edited:
We've forgotten the fact the greens still might be the dumbest bunch of fucks ever to sit in the Dail.

Watch FFG promise the earth to get a partner to carry the can for inevitable mess that they'll make in government.
What amazes me (although I know it shouldn't) is how despite the mountains of evidence of lesser coalition partners getting shafted - Labour and the Greens in Ireland, LibDems in UK, SPD in Germany - these parties are still so eager to go into coalition governments

it fucking says something about pay at home when workers are better off on Covid work payments than working

Back
Top Bottom