Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

If you have it, have had it, are pretty sure you have it, tell us about it?

Have you got the virus, had it, or recovered from it?

• I have the virus at the moment, pls post symptoms in thread ..

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • I had a mild case of the virus and have now recovered ..

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • I had a serious case of the virus and have now recovered ..

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Someone I know has a serious case, and has not yet recovered ..

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Someone I know died from the virus

Votes: 20 13.2%
  • I was tested, it was positive for the virus

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • I was tested, it was negative for the virus

Votes: 18 11.8%
  • I am still healthy, with no evidence of infection

Votes: 79 52.0%
  • I was contacted as part of contact tracing, pls post details

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am self isolating at the moment by my own choice

Votes: 19 12.5%
  • I have been told to self isolate ..

Votes: 15 9.9%

• Total voters
Speaking to my SIL yesterday on Zoom, who is pretty sure she has it, she was coughing, dryly, non-stop. It's the first person I've seen who I think definitely has it. She's 50 and lives in Walthamstow. Her spirits were up but then again she's one of the funniest people I've ever known (comedy funny, belly laughing funny).

Another niece, early 20s, smoker, was too ill to join in the Zoom thing. She is apparently feeling very ill and properly self-isolated confined to her own room, with own towel etc. She lives in Hackney.

No temperature or new cough but woke up with a thickness around the throat, which is slightly interfering with my breathing. Off my food too. Not Corona probs but unwelcome all the same.

I've had a bit of a tick box exercise in the symptoms since last Wednesday but feel fine today. Funny thing is though I've felt fine a few times in the last few days before going a bit downhill again. I dunno, I hope it is it as I can't be bothered to go through it again. That being said it has been pretty minor for me as I expected it would be. Early 40's, non-smoker otherwise healthy and fortunate to have inherited an excellent immune system which sees me rarely get ill.

If it is the virus I have had I can well believe that there will be some lucky people who will get it and not even notice.

I'm not really sure how much use a thread like this is because as it stands very few of us will get tested so unless it is serious enough to require hospital we won't know for ages whether we have had it. Also even if we did know we had it our experience is going to differ so greatly depending on so many factors and luck.

No temperature or new cough but woke up with a thickness around the throat, which is slightly interfering with my breathing. Off my food too. Not Corona probs but unwelcome all the same.
me too - 100 percent - the neck / throat thing - though I've been seeing it as a continuation of the mild sinusitis and moderate bronchitis that has pretty well gone now ... still not the merest hint of a fever - been feeling the cold a bit - went to bed in the afternoon on Saturday ...

That's what viruses DO though innit? They fluctuate in terms of symptom severity. That's how I know whatever I might have is probably viral, because of that.

Mogden I had a phone call with my line manager just now and was getting out of breath, despite being sat on my arse in bed (I do talk a lot though).

Mogden I had a phone call with my line manager just now and was getting out of breath, despite being sat on my arse in bed (I do talk a lot though).
Good to know, in the nicest possible way, I'm not the only one. I'm glad I've just about packed up smoking this year. Had about 7 fags since New Year. Walking to work is going to be challenging. I may have to concede to the bus.

ION the family member has a secondary lung infection, a recurring corona symptom they were told, diagnosed and has been given antibiotics by their GP.

Be careful rushing back to work no? If youve been fairly ill takes a few weeks to recover, you dont want to weaken your body and get worse again. Day 15 here and I still am not well enough for work and normal routine, no way. Lots better overall though I think.

Ive still had bad headaches again on and off, dehydration and lower back aches back and got a kind of muccusy scratchy throat now. And I'm STILL worn out despite sleeping 11-12 hours a day. Fingers crossed this week it really starts fading. Also fingers crossed they start sending out testing kits so people properly know if the virus is out of their system.

Last edited:
I've got no choice. The extra pay bit to keep people in jobs is great but I'm at minimal working wage. I only get SSP, have very little in the way of savings and I'm not partnered so I work or I'm screwed. I don't even have mass expenses, just a very small income. There is a big chasm still in pay shortages. Unless my kidney disorder slaps a 12 week isolation order on me, I've got to go in.

Mate posted this 2 hours ago. He's late 50s and not been ill for 14 years.

Many thanks for all the kind words and good wishes yesterday. Convinced now that I have this virus or some form of it. I’m posting to let people know what’s happening to me and what to look out for in yourselves. I’ve had the flu jab last year like many others.

Sunday pm started coughing and just felt very lethargic. Decided to sleep alone as a precaution. Monday morning, temperature of 37.8 at its highest. Spent the day in bed in isolation. Slept for most of it, my temperature went down as the day went on and became normal at one point. Headache, cough, freezing feet, sore mouth, sore hands! And just felt like I’m burning up. Wife face timed me in bed and talking hurt my chest and wore me out. I haven’t lost my appetite!
This morning my temperature is higher at 38 and it’s the worst I’ve felt.
There lots of info out there on how to avoid catching the virus but not much on what to do if you think you have it. Going to the doctors isn’t an option. We’re told to only phone 111 if you’re in distress. I’m lucky to have family around to look after me. I think there should be more info on how to look after yourselves.
Just paracetamol.

*Edit. I’ve stopped watching the news. It stresses me out.
There’s a lot of people going to suffering genuine hardships over the coming weeks/moths. Please look out for each other. ❤️

Day 5. Normal temp, lungs feel like crumpled old paper bags,... more energy and feel better in myself and less achey but getting out of breath very easily, dizzy a lot. I attempted a gin and tonic last night and half way through I developed a headache and felt..really weird:hmm: a local friend of mine who has had very similar symptoms said the same ..not good to mix even a small amount of booze with this virus.

Today all the snot has appeared suddenly.

Yeah I havent drunk anything at all since it started and not even fancied it tbh. Feels like one more strain on the body.

Realllly taking it easy today as I feel like I did too much too soon last week and got worse again. Proper resting and taking it easy and staying in bed. Quite bored and fed up but it's for the best. I never get over any virus or cold quickly and this is no exception.

Mate posted this 2 hours ago. He's late 50s and not been ill for 14 years.

Many thanks for all the kind words and good wishes yesterday. Convinced now that I have this virus or some form of it. I’m posting to let people know what’s happening to me and what to look out for in yourselves. I’ve had the flu jab last year like many others.

Sunday pm started coughing and just felt very lethargic. Decided to sleep alone as a precaution. Monday morning, temperature of 37.8 at its highest. Spent the day in bed in isolation. Slept for most of it, my temperature went down as the day went on and became normal at one point. Headache, cough, freezing feet, sore mouth, sore hands! And just felt like I’m burning up. Wife face timed me in bed and talking hurt my chest and wore me out. I haven’t lost my appetite!
This morning my temperature is higher at 38 and it’s the worst I’ve felt.
There lots of info out there on how to avoid catching the virus but not much on what to do if you think you have it. Going to the doctors isn’t an option. We’re told to only phone 111 if you’re in distress. I’m lucky to have family around to look after me. I think there should be more info on how to look after yourselves.
Just paracetamol.

*Edit. I’ve stopped watching the news. It stresses me out.
There’s a lot of people going to suffering genuine hardships over the coming weeks/moths. Please look out for each other. ❤

A lot of this sounds very similar to my experience but my symptoms were a lot less severe.

Not sure I agree with the bit about their being not much information on what to do if you get it. The answer is essentially nothing and ride it out, like flu and colds. Drink plenty of water and paracetamol may help with the fever and aches and pains, beyond that though there is little that can be done. Time is as ever the best healer.

Yeah I havent drunk anything at all since it started and not even fancied it tbh. Feels like one more strain on the body.

Realllly taking it easy today as I feel like I did too much too soon last week and got worse again. Proper resting and taking it easy and staying in bed. Quite bored and fed up but it's for the best. I never get over any virus or cold quickly and this is no exception.
You're sensible. I always try to rush the healing process as I can't bare laying in bed or being bored at all.

I've gone all snotty. My temp is down today. I've lost my sense of taste n smell though. Various hits on the net for anosmia being a COVID-19 symptom but not sure how reliable that might be as I have had this before with a cold.

Day 5. Normal temp, lungs feel like crumpled old paper bags,... more energy and feel better in myself and less achey but getting out of breath very easily, dizzy a lot. I attempted a gin and tonic last night and half way through I developed a headache and felt..really weird:hmm: a local friend of mine who has had very similar symptoms said the same ..not good to mix even a small amount of booze with this virus.

Today all the snot has appeared suddenly.
Sounds good call, I signed the pledge moment first symptoms appeared, as will be as abstentious as a northern Methodist fronting the Temperance League until completely asymptomatic.

My cough is finally starting to subside but still getting chills, however whatever I’ve had has decided it’s not finished with me yet. Start coming up in hives on my arms legs and groin and last night my face has swelled up so I look like I’ve had a botched Botox job. Going to see if I can get a telephone appointment with the doctors this morning. Really fed up of being ill now and still got a week of total isolation to go.

I may be developing conjunctivitis ... :hmm:
Temp 36.5 - which is 1 degree high for me ...
And I know I have this strong desire to lose 15kg and I'm not doing anything, plus my anxiety level is high, but my appetite is falling off a cliff...

Last edited:
I just downloaded the "covid symptom tracker" to help science ,- seeing as my 9 year old PC can't cope with protein folding ....

Last edited:
If you have symptoms, could be a good idea to help others and use this:

It's for people that don't have symptoms too! Good idea for all of us to do it!

(putting key strokes where my mouth is.. in 5,4,3...)

I hope everyone who has this, or is feeling ill, gets better soon! Take care of yourselves, please.

I look forward to updating the app again tomorrow with my progress - temp went up again, too bunged up and cant breathe though nose, still cannot smell or taste anything, my neck hurts at the sides (?nodes doesn't feel lumpy though), tired, mild fatigue.

Going to have to talk to work tomorrow to find out if i'm the same on Monday should I go into work. I have a feeling my boss will say yes!

I look forward to updating the app again tomorrow with my progress - temp went up again, too bunged up and cant breathe though nose, still cannot smell or taste anything, my neck hurts at the sides (?nodes doesn't feel lumpy though), tired, mild fatigue.

Going to have to talk to work tomorrow to find out if i'm the same on Monday should I go into work. I have a feeling my boss will say yes!
Don't give them the option, you phone up and say you're not going in as you are self isolating.

Don't go to work. Better safe than sorry, for you and everyone.

Wishing you well, soonest x

Back
Top Bottom