Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

How much evidence is there of long term high level UK paedophile ring?

I am originally a Rotherham lad. I have supported Rotherham utd since 1968.
I am this afternoon shamed by my hometown. It is unforgivable.

Shaun Wright the Labour Council Cabinet Member with responsibility for Children and Young People’s services between 2005 and 2010 is now South Yorkshire Police and Crime Commissioner.

So that's all right then.

Apparently so...

Council chief executive Martin Kimber said he did not have the evidence to discipline any individuals working for the council despite the report saying there had been “blatant” collective failures by its leadership at the time.

Mr Kimber said: “Officers in senior positions responsible for children’s safeguarding services throughout the critical periods when services fell some way short of today’s standards do not work for the council today.

“To that extent, I have not been able to identify any issues of professional practice related to current serving officers of this council that would require me to consider use of disciplinary or capability procedures.”
:mad:

Dear god in heaven. Nothing to see here, move along. At the very least he could say this doesn't happen now. Does he say that? Does he?

Interesting that Exaro recently revealed that Rochdale are consistently refusing to consider compensation for their former children in "care" that were victims of abuse. Almost like these councils could see the tsunami of claims coming their way.

I'm not sure financial compensation is relevant at this point. I'm thinking more along the lines of arrests, and - if found guilty - dismissals, forfeitures of pensions, and lengthy prison sentences. After that we can talk about financial compensation.

I'm not sure financial compensation is relevant at this point. I'm thinking more along the lines of arrests, and - if found guilty - dismissals, forfeitures of pensions, and lengthy prison sentences. After that we can talk about financial compensation.
I'm not sure that you're thinking like the local state does.

..and here's how the political elite will use this story to deflect attention from other more proximate tales...

And in response we should pretend that there is no racial element to this at all should we? Or to put it another way if all of the perps were white working class men and the victims Asian girls (and it is girls who were abused) we'd all be so quick to dismiss any suggestions that race was a factor would we?

And in response we should pretend that there is no racial element to this at all should we? Or to put it another way if all of the perps were white working class men and the victims Asian girls (and it is girls who were abused) we'd all be so quick to dismiss any suggestions that race was a factor would we?
Oh just listen to yourself. Hasn't it occurred to you that the race of the people arrested might be a function of those arresting them?

The stories I've read (BBC & Guardian) indicate that the perpetrators were of multiple ethnicities.

Perhaps best to look to the actual report before we make any sweeping statements...
58d78dd3-6667-49e4-a337-e1d7a88ac6b6_zpsd31ef02d.png

No, I don't 'like' this but I like its honesty. Please let's not feed racism with this story.
Are you saying that if minorities are involved it should be played down? That appears to the the attitude of some staff who failed to report this abuse.

Racists will use it for their own means, but most right thinking people will see it for what it is.

not sure what yre getting at here ? Priests, public school staff, BBC Variety show all stars, - racial groups, or all part of localised / micro power structures ?

Are you saying that if minorities are involved it should be played down? That appears to the the attitude of some staff who failed to report this abuse.

Racists will use it for their own means, but most right thinking people will see it for what it is.
No, I'm absolutely not saying that. I'm saying that we need to be sure that the people prosecuting these cases are themselves free of prejudice. Maybe they focus on minorities? I mean, it does happen, doesn't it?
The upshot of what I'm saying is that the problem may perhaps be far far worse than we imagine. With a dose of racism on the side.

Worth reading the report in full since it comprehensively undermines a lot of the lazy ways this is being reported. As one example I haven't seen this section referred to at all although in a lot of ways it seems rather more relevant than the race of the perpetrators :
8.16 - One of the common threads running through child sexual exploitation across England
has been the prominent role of taxi drivers in being directly linked to children who
were abused. This was the case in Rotherham from a very early stage, when
residential care home heads met in the nineties to share intelligence about taxis and
other cars which picked up girls from outside their units. In the early 2000s some
secondary school heads were reporting girls being picked up at lunchtime at the
school gates and being taken away to provide oral sex to men in the lunch break.
(...)
8.21 - The Safeguarding Unit convened Strategy meetings from time to time on allegations
involving taxi drivers. We read some of the most serious, from 2010, and were struck
by the sense of exasperation, even hopelessness, recorded as the professionals in
attendance tried to find ways of disrupting the suspected activity. Strategy meetings
about one specific taxi firm had been held on four occasions in a seven week period.
The minutes of one meeting record a total of ten girls and young women, three of
whom were involved in three separate incidents of alleged attempted abduction by
taxi drivers. The seven other girls had alleged that they were being sexually exploited
in exchange for free taxi rides and goods. Two of the girls involved were looked after
children. The Licensing Enforcement Officer took the step of formally writing to the
Police following the incidents of alleged attempted abductions by drivers, complaining
about the Police failure to act. In one incident, a driver accosted a 13-year-old girl.
She refused to do what he asked and reported this to her parents who followed the
taxi through the town, where they managed to identify the driver and dialled 999 for
assistance. According to the Licensing Enforcement Officer, the Police did not attend until
later and took no action. In his email to the Police he stated that 'a simple check
would have revealed that the driver had been arrested a week previously in Bradford
for a successful kidnapping of a lone female.'

Worth reading the report in full since it comprehensively undermines a lot of the lazy ways this is being reported. As one example I haven't seen this section referred to at all although in a lot of ways it seems rather more relevant than the race of the perpetrators :

(...)
Can you give us a link to the full report?

Back
Top Bottom