Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

How much evidence is there of long term high level UK paedophile ring?

So shes mates amd neighbours with leon brittain?

jesus fucking christ. It took them - what - four weeks? to make this appointment. did they think nobody would notice?

Their blatant footdragging and deliberate sabotaging of the enquiry is staggering.

Last edited:
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/child-abuse-accusations-against-ex-deputy-7762559

, which is investigating allegations of abuse in the care system in North Wales, told 19 people that the information they provided about Peter Norman Howarth “would have been supportive” of offences including indecent assault.

Howarth, who worked at Bryn Estyn in Wrexham between November 1973 and July 1984, died in HMP Wakefield in April 1997. The home has since closed...
[/URL]

Most blogs like that aren't very careful to distinguish between issues related to the size of the 'gay closet' in the Tory party, and paedophilia.

Certainly when it comes to Heath, there isn't much in the public domain that any of us can use to draw conclusions beyond the likelihood that he was gay. Some are desperate to use his love of yatching to connect him with various stories about abuse at a matching-child 'charity', Jersey and other stuff. But its all rather tenuous, worthy of further exploration by anyone in a position to dig deeper, but who exactly is in such a position? Not me, so I keep an open mind about that stuff.

Sorry for another Daily Mail link but some parts of Gyles Brandreths updated book are quite interesting. For now I will skip the bit where he details the stuff that happened to him at boarding school, since although it raises some issues there is something else here that is going to grab more attention....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-reveals-years-abuse-endured-prep-school.html

The first, and only, official acknowledgement of my predecessor’s possible involvement in child abuse came my way in 1996, when William Hague, then Secretary of State for Wales, came up to me in the Commons to let me know that he had ordered an inquiry into allegations of child abuse in care homes in North Wales between 1974 and 1990 — and that Morrison’s name might feature in connection with the Bryn Estyn home in Wrexham, 12 miles from Chester.

Was there a cover-up? The story would certainly have been embarrassing. At the beginning of Margaret Thatcher’s premiership, Morrison was in the Whips’ Office. He went on to become a junior minister, then a minister of state, and in 1990 became Mrs Thatcher’s parliamentary private secretary.

He was a force to be reckoned with — at the heart of the Establishment, close to the PM, and, throughout this period, his sister, now Dame Mary Morrison, was a friend and lady-in-waiting to the Queen.

Brandreth goes on to find all sorts of cover-up possibilities unthinkable, but I think he said enough there to give fresh life to the Morrison & Hague dimensions.

while weve heard of kincora before it also appears that a number of young girls were abused by police and military while in care homes outside belfast

"Aside from Kincora, which I have referred to previously, I have also met recently with a group of women who have alleged that they were sexually abused by members of the security forces in Lissue Children's Hospital in Lisburn." Ms Long also voiced similar concerns about the east Antrim home.
"These allegations are of an extremely sensitive nature but involve the security forces and others in the abuse of young and vulnerable girls," she said.

Ms Long (below) added: "I do not believe abuse which took place in Northern Ireland involved only victims and perpetrators from Northern Ireland.

"There have been suggestions of children being moved between different locations where abuse took place and also perpetrators – largely members of the security forces and senior public figures – who visited several homes and locations of abuse.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/n...-in-northern-ireland-in-the-70s-30565691.html

The Waterhouse inquiry

The North Wales child abuse scandal was the subject of a three-year, £13 million investigation into the physical and sexual abuse of children in care homes in the counties of Clwyd and Gwynedd, in North Wales, including the Bryn Estyn children's home at Wrexham, between 1974 and 1990.

In 1996, the then Secretary of State for Wales, William Hague, ordered a Tribunal of Inquiry into allegations. Were the "Terms of Reference" so narrow that no one in a position of power or outside the "care" system was looked into?

The inquire led to eight prosecutions and seven convictions, all former care workers.

This document a pdf gives details of a number of reports including:
The Cartrefle inquiry
The Jillings inquiry
The Waterhouse Report

Last edited:
Exaro news got excited that the details in Brandreth's updated book would cause problems for the tories at their conference. But I haven't noticed much fallout since the Mail reported the detail. Not even here, where opportunities to scrutinise Hague aren't usually missed.

Covered extensively on this thread already. First mentioned in october 2012
I covered it "again" as it came up in the posts above with regard to Brandreth's updated book and as you point out it was almost a years ago, so some may have forgotten about it.

Good to see you have become the thread policeman, evening officer :facepalm: I will consider myself well and truly told off and meteorically slapped on the back of my legs.

More news about Lord Janner of Braunstone (Greville Janner former Labout MP)

Labour peer Lord Janner of Braunstone, QC is an appalling reminder of the establishments apathy toward victims of child abuse.

How can this man, who currently has over 20 outstanding allegations of child sexual abuse against boys as young as 7 years old, remain a Queens Council, a status conferred by the Crown?

The answer is simple. Greville Janner is an establishment figure who has been, and still is, protected by the establishment.
More here

The Police Were Forbade From Investigating Lord Janner In 1989, an investigation into child abuse allegations against a prominent politician 25 years ago was blocked, one of the country’s most senior police officers has revealed.
More here

Lord Janner, Too Ill To Face Justice But Well enough To Legislate?

Lord Janner was attending the House of Lords and claiming expenses every other day right up until Dec 2013 when police raided his home.

Then he got dementia.

When the police sent a criminal file containing evidence of over 20 allegations of child sexual abuse to the CPS they decided not to prosecute, not because there was not enough evidence but because he was too ill and it was therefore “not in the public interest”.

And yet, Lord Janner can still attend Parliament and vote on legislation if he wishes too.

Lord Janner is too ill to be accountable to the law of the land but he is well enough to make the law of the land.

How can this man, who currently has over 20 outstanding allegations of child sexual abuse against boys as young as 7 years old, remain a Queens Council, a status conferred by the Crown?

Because we presume innocence until proven guilty.

Lord Janner was attending the House of Lords and claiming expenses every other day right up until Dec 2013 when police raided his home.

Then he got dementia.

How convenient. I would like to see this diagnosis confirmed.

Lord Janner is too ill to be accountable to the law of the land but he is well enough to make the law of the land.

Not now he's got dementia, though? Right? Right? :facepalm:

Because we presume innocence until proven guilty.

How convenient. I would like to see this diagnosis confirmed.

Not now he's got dementia, though? Right? Right? :facepalm:
I was just quoting from the links I posted.

The presumption of innocents seems to depend on the person being accused on this board :hmm: (who is the "we" in your first line ;) )

Last edited:
Mirror update on ongoing story :
Police investigating claims minister in Tony Blair government abused vulnerable children in the 80s
The Metropolitan Police has launched Operation Overview in response to Mirror reports about the politician, who was a rising Labour star at the time (...) Detectives are examining claims that photographs of the man with a convicted paedophile and vulnerable youngsters – taken during a caravan holiday – vanished after they were handed to police.

And a David Hancke blog about Alan Franey - Tory deputy leader of Welwyn Council and formerly General Manager at Broadmoor and friend of Jimmy Saville - who is facing a no confidence motion today over what is said about him in the official report into Saville's activities at Broadmoor. He is apparently expected to survive this vote.
http://davidhencke.wordpress.com/20...-who-gave-jimmy-savile-the-keys-to-broadmoor/

More news about Lord Janner of Braunstone (Greville Janner former Labout MP)

Labour peer Lord Janner of Braunstone, QC is an appalling reminder of the establishments apathy toward victims of child abuse.

The answer is simple. Greville Janner is an establishment figure who has been, and still is, protected by the establishment.
More here

The Police Were Forbade From Investigating Lord Janner In 1989, an investigation into child abuse allegations against a prominent politician 25 years ago was blocked, one of the country’s most senior police officers has revealed.
More here

Then he got dementia.

When the police sent a criminal file containing evidence of over 20 allegations of child sexual abuse to the CPS they decided not to prosecute, not because there was not enough evidence but because he was too ill and it was therefore “not in the public interest”.

And yet, Lord Janner can still attend Parliament and vote on legislation if he wishes too.

qc = queen's counsel, not council. janner is not a committee (i think).

Does anyone know who the Labour Minister is supposed to be? I've taken my eye off following this for a bit.

If i google will i get the usual madness? not expecting anyone to post a name directly on this thread obv

Unless I'm mistaken, I don't think you will find much of the usual madness when searching for someone that fits that bill. Unless I overlooked someone I think this one, if it leads to a case that allows us to mention a name and at least have a bit of a conversation about it, will break new ground. In that it will be one of the few political ones that wasn't heavily rumoured and even insinuated about in print at the time, and therefore hasn't been subject to the same internet scrutiny of historical shit in recent years, neither wacky or sensible. Whether there were any word of mouth rumours within small subsets of society at the time I cannot say. If a great swathe of the media world knew the gossip at the time then they did a better job than with many cases of not insinuating about it in a smutty way.

There are some very early, tentative signs that this may be starting to change though, at least one or two blogs may now be sniffing around without actually claiming anything specific or even making links between their interest in that person and other recent news.

Back
Top Bottom