Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hong Kong: what next?

Ach!

It's three in fucking the morning again on a Friday night and, as ever, I have a decomposing Orc on the fucking sofa - these mid-40's warriors are so soft these days, no?

1664563984832.png

Anyway small mercies, I guess, at least it's my Orc on my sofa ... it could be worse, I suppose.

So ... Happy Fucking National Day you dirty fascist fucks!

Come Bells, bed.

Woof

It's quite common for defendants (if they can afford it!) to bring a senior barrister over from London to represent them. Even the Dept. of Justice will fly in a London Silk to prosecute for the govt. in important cases.

Jimmy Lai wants a UK Silk for his case.

Govt: "Not a fucking chance!"

Woof

A snapshot of some highlights from the last week (seven days to 02/10/22) from the HKFP.

1664707880806.png

And a review of September 2022, the 27th month under the NSL.

" ... unlike in the years before the national security law and Covid-19, the day was free from protests. In a first, the League of Social Democrats (LSD), one of Hong Kong’s last active pro-democracy parties, said it would not organise any activities.

Members of LSD told HKFP on Wednesday that they had been contacted by the National Security Department of the police and asked about their plans for the “sensitive date.”.

Woof

Training the Civil Service in the new, Patriotic, regime.

"Kwok, a former deputy police commissioner, also pointed out that some civil servants lack a strong enough understanding of the country or a sense of national identity.

He said that was partly due to attempts by others to counter China's rise in the global arena. Kwok also said it was a historical issue dating back to British rule."

Meanwhile, catch them while they're young ...

Happy days.

Woof

Training the Civil Service in the new, Patriotic, regime.

"Kwok, a former deputy police commissioner, also pointed out that some civil servants lack a strong enough understanding of the country or a sense of national identity.

He said that was partly due to attempts by others to counter China's rise in the global arena. Kwok also said it was a historical issue dating back to British rule."

Meanwhile, catch them while they're young ...

Happy days.

Woof

The lesson they'll really remember is don't get caught

This dangerous gang of speech therapists got out of prison today after 19 months, time will tell whether these hardened criminals have been truly rehabilitated or if they will go on to write more children's books.

View attachment 346673

Yup.

Everything's normal in Hong Kong.

"A secondary school in Tsuen Wan confirmed late on Monday that it had suspended 14 pupils for three days, saying that they disrespected the national anthem and emblem by failing to turn up for a flag-raising ceremony."

Woof

The story of the school suspensions has grown and now involves angry students, teacher meetings, a weeping vice-principal, police offended by a newspaper cartoon, and a defensive publisher and cartoonist.

What a fucking mess.

Woof

Just gonna leave this here for any Mancunians ...

EDIT: To add the below thread. Two short videos showing a kerfuffle at the Consulate gates and (2ndly) ten seconds of a protestor getting beaten. It looks like he was dragged inside the gates by Consulate staff and beaten, while police seem unsure about intervening. And it looks like the Consul-General himself may have been personally involved.

Diplomacy at its best.

Not a good look CCP!

(If the link doesn't work; apologies.)

1665988667920.png

Woof

Last edited:
Just gonna leave this here for any Mancunians ...

EDIT: To add the below thread. Two short videos showing a kerfuffle at the Consulate gates and (2ndly) ten seconds of a protestor getting beaten. It looks like he was dragged inside the gates by Consulate staff and beaten, while police seem unsure about intervening. And it looks like the Consul-General himself may have been personally involved.

Diplomacy at its best.

Not a good look CCP!

(If the link doesn't work; apologies.)

View attachment 347514

Woof

The "diplomats" involved need to face the full force of the law and the Chinese government needs to incur clear costs for this.

The mentality of the consular officials is of swaggering, jingoistic scorn for local laws, and there is a dynamic at play where people are promoted for their patriotism, so officials compete to be more jingoistic.

The Chinese government are already operating illegal police stations across the UK and other countries, which they use as a base of operations to intimidate overseas Chinese.

If there isn't a strong response to this sort of behaviour, it will eventually lead to them conducting assassinations and kidnappings on British soil, targeting overseas Chinese, Hong Kongers and Taiwanese in particular.

Me?

I blame the fucking Arab!

Such is life.

Blessings to one and all, and all and sundry

Be nice to each other peeps.

G'night.

Oof!

Woof

Back
Top Bottom