Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Have You Read Capital vol. One?

Have you read Capital vol 1?

• Total voters
No; put it on a list to do along with those video lectures by David Harvey but then still haven't got round to it. Read a few section previously over the years.

Prediction: I'm expecting only the first 3 chapters to be the most popular option, eventually.

That seems weird to me. I found it much more accessible to start with the Primitive Accumulation chapter and the ones around there, then go back and puzzle the first few chapters out.

That seems weird to me. I found it much more accessible to start with the Primitive Accumulation chapter and the ones around there, then go back and puzzle the first few chapters out.

There's a long standing modkl of reading it that way. Lots of reading guides suggests doing it like that. I think Chapter one needs to be read first and then again at the end myself.

Sure, you know that now, but only in hindsight, surely?

I usually recommend people read Value, Price and Profit first.

Can I just ask the handouts only readers: how did you write essays? :confused:
When I wrote an essay (not on this subject but in general), the first thing I would do is go down to the library and take out as many books on a given subject as possible, not that I ever intended to read any of them, it just made me feel like I had 'done' something. When it came round to actually doing something, I would decide what I wanted to write about and then check the indexes of the books out for single sentences or paragraphs on the specific thing I wanted a quote for. That book then went into the bibliography making it appear that I had read it, and thereby allowing me to gain a high mark for doing loads of research :D

When I wrote an essay (not on this subject but in general), the first thing I would do is go down to the library and take out as many books on a given subject as possible, not that I ever intended to read any of them, it just made me feel like I had 'done' something. When it came round to actually doing something, I would decide what I wanted to write about and then check the indexes of the books out for single sentences or paragraphs on the specific thing I wanted a quote for. That book then went into the bibliography making it appear that I had read it, and thereby allowing me to gain a high mark for doing loads of research :D

Welcome to academia

Back
Top Bottom