Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Happy ... er ... new year, it's the 2023 album recommendations thread!

Nyege Nyege tapes have enabled all their digital Back catalogue on Bandcamp today as 'name your price'. So have bunged them a few pounds for this......

Jon Hassell - The Living City
The Living City captures the Jon Hassell Group in September 1989 performing as part of an audio-visual installation inside the World
Financial Center Winter Garden in New York City, with Brian Eno mixing the band live. Eno had designed an audio-visual installation in the 10-story glass-vaulted pavilion, inspired by the hunting, ceremony, animals, and weather sounds of the Ba-Ya-Ka pygmy tribe from Cameroon gathered by Louis Sarno.

New Slowdive is out today.

Mmmmm. I had a distracted listen yesterday and wasn't blown away but listening properly now and it's sounding lush. I fucking love Slowdive. My teenage kids are all over it too, in fact one of them seems to be developing a romance with the boy over the road which seems as far as I can gather to be entirely based on a shared love of Slowdive 😀

Enjoyed Jessy Lanza's latest on first listen

This was destined to languish on my mental I'll check that out at some point list until I saw your post, which prompted me to put it on. And it was great timing, as it turns out to be perfect baking hot Thursday afternoon music ☀️ :cool:

New album by Eparapo, an Afrobeat supergroup formed by Suman Joshi from Afrobeat Orchestra:

New album by Swansea Sound, a twee/C86 supergroup formed by him off of the Pooh Sticks and Amelia from off of Tallulah Gosh and Heavenly:

Also if it's not been posted here yet, Full of Hell have done a new album with Primitive Man, but none of them were in Tallulah Gosh, so fuck 'em:

SPELLLING has a new album out, with The Mystery School whoever that is - the sound is pretty much the same as her last album though:

Back
Top Bottom