Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hamas/Israel conflict: news and discussion

Adult? I think it's reasonable not to think the ramblings of a lying, anti-semitic propagandist who helped lead this country into a war that killed thousands a great source for understanding the current situation.
If you can’t listen to a discussion without losing your temper you probably need to either grow up or work on your mental health is the point being made.

Not an original thought I know but were the Hamas attacks part of some kind of attempt to create a final reckoning, divide the world in 2. want a viable Palestinian state, an end to Palestinian oppression, too bad you are with the head choppers now. understand Israel must act decisively and take out terrorist facilities , can’t negotiate with an entity that denies their right to exist, but are against collective punishment. Too bad you’re with the Zionists and hate the Muslim world.

My good friend Medyan is very worried for his family on the West Bank right now. He’s a very renowned Palestinian journalist.

And how fucking dare you bring mental health into responses made to your pathetic posts.

So kindly, fuck off.
I don’t know who you are. And you’re not the only one who have friends and family over there. My humanitarian friends are right in the firing line.

So how about you fuck off?

Not an original thought I know but were the Hamas attacks part of some kind of attempt to create a final reckoning, divide the world in 2. want a viable Palestinian state, an end to Palestinian oppression, too bad you are with the head choppers now. understand Israel must act decisively and take out terrorist facilities , can’t negotiate with an entity that denies their right to exist, but are against collective punishment. Too bad you’re with the Zionists and hate the Muslim world.

No, that's occurred to me as well xenon. Feels a bit like the polarisation strategy (name escapes me atm) that the Islamic State had.

There was obviously a deliberate provocation element to the Hamas rampage. Think what's interesting is the lengths people will go to stick with their 'side'. Not everywhere, and not here but the shrill demand to fall 100% in line leading to it barely being possible to even question or hint at reservations. Or even revelling in it in major news outlets and mainstream politics because it gives them some power or authority.

In the podcast I posted there’s an interesting theory that this is really about how scared Hamas is of Israel and Saudi being on the brink of signing an agreement which would normalis relations.

The extremity of Hamas’ attack was as much psychological (provoking a violent reaction from Israel) as anything…not sure tbh how to evidence this but it makes some sense in theory…

i'm not understanding what point you are trying to make

if 60 years plus of either side trying take the high ground whilst committing terrible acts has not shown you the futility of such actions

maybe you don't know what point you are trying to make
The point I was making was the one I made, the reaction to Israel’s actions will grow as the reality of it (the death toll) becomes known. As soon as the number of dead is higher than the Hamas attack the narrative of sympathy toward dead Jews will change…

There was obviously a deliberate provocation element to the Hamas rampage. Think what's interesting is the lengths people will go to stick with their 'side'. Not everywhere, and not here but the shrill demand to fall 100% in line leading to it barely being possible to even question or hint at reservations. Or even revelling in it in major news outlets and mainstream politics because it gives them some power or authority.
It’s quite something seeing people unable to have a small amount of empathy for dead Jews ‘because the occupation’…

The point I was making was the one I made, the reaction to Israel’s actions will grow as the reality of it (the death toll) becomes known. As soon as the number of dead is higher than the Hamas attack the narrative of sympathy toward dead Jews will change…

passed that point already..

world leaders have not changed their tune

very few even willing to advise restraint

free reign for the weekend

they'll count the bodies and dispute the count on Monday morning

In the podcast I posted there’s an interesting theory that this is really about how scared Hamas is of Israel and Saudi being on the brink of signing an agreement which would normalis relations.

The extremity of Hamas’ attack was as much psychological (provoking a violent reaction from Israel) as anything…not sure tbh how to evidence this but it makes some sense in theory…
Do you know, if you actually read the thread you could have engaged with that when it was first raised

We haven’t. I worked on the Gaza Crisis Appeal in 2014, there’s generally a pattern that this latest part of the ongoing conflict plays too…

Reactions: Ax^

Here's post 10 of this thread:

Derail a Saudi-Israeli deal?

I'll probably revisit the podcast, just because I listen to a lot of them anyway. And Friday night isn't the best time for full attention. But come on dude, don't imagine these 'interesting theories' haven't been discussed/thought about. I quite liked it, Campbell is a fascinating figure, Stewart kind of too. And often interesting beyond the fly-on-the-wall sense. Equally Harrari is a pretty shit historian, but I found his perspective interesting and emotionally affecting... Until the bit where he somehow thinks Biden is the road out of this? Dunno wtf that was about. Still no sign of the liberal, rule-of-law west actually engaging with the real world.

e2a: apols for the callout sleaterkinney

I genuinely think most people aren’t falling into hard line on either side. Ignoring maniacs on Twitter. Social media. Which is toxic in any case. The politicians backing Israel is largely theatre to placate domestic concerns and not look weak. likely similar is happening in the Muslim/Arab world I don’t know. I am not sufficiently knowledgeable enough to check. What actually matters is what Israel are going to do, are doing. and what flows, unfolds from that. Sorry a bit waffly. Let’s not confuse ourselves with our leaders. Are you hard line on one side or the other? I don’t think so. Nor are are most people on here. or in real life.

they'll count the bodies and dispute the count on Monday morning
How complacent. A couple of days of slaughter and back to business as usual on Tuesday. So you worked on an appeal in 2014. You've been resting on those laurels quite long enough

Back
Top Bottom