Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Grenfell Tower fire in North Kensington - news and discussion

One of my uncles became a senior fire officer. At the beginning of his career he went into a burning house to try to save a child, against orders, because he couldn't stand to hear the screams. He's been retired for 10+ years and still has nightmares over this child. How much worse must it be for these men and women going into Grenfell? I hope that they get the mental health care that they will need. And not just the fire crews, but the ambulance and police who attended. Unfortunately I suspect that, because of reductions in NHS funding, they'll be forced to live with their nightmares

My only hope is that this is the start of the destruction of the Tory party as it stands.

I heard an FBU rep on site saying they were good as far as that provision goes and people would get what they needed.

One of my uncles became a senior fire officer. At the beginning of his career he went into a burning house to try to save a child, against orders, because he couldn't stand to hear the screams. He's been retired for 10+ years and still has nightmares over this child. How much worse must it be for these men and women going into Grenfell? I hope that they get the mental health care that they will need. And not just the fire crews, but the ambulance and police who attended. Unfortunately I suspect that, because of reductions in NHS funding, they'll be forced to live with their nightmares

My only hope is that this is the start of the destruction of the Tory party as it stands.

A friend of mine who's a London firefighter and was at Grenfell has been sharing a link to the Firefighters Charity if anyone wants to donate.

Damian Green thinks people have been 'terribly unfair' to mumsy.

Extraordinary.

I expect they are waiting for the anger to die down and dissipate before continuing to not listen to poor people

Back
Top Bottom