Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glastonbury 2007 pt1: the build-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
coach is due at the site at 1440 but the bus station is about as far from Dragon as you can get.

Would anyone like to rate my chances of finding a spot after a 3km trek?

Skim said:
So who is going to be in Camp Urban and who is in the Lime Kilon breakaway faction?

I need to know who my neighbours are so I can demand cups of sugar and cocktails.

well, just to reiterate, camp MNDC which is my east london mates, their hangers on, and so far at east a dozen other urbanites, is in wicket. we're not a breakaway faction, we're just offering an alternative that you're welcome to join if thedragon is too busy for you.

right, in a minute i'm gonna have some dinner, then a line of ket, then finish packing, then some more ket, and then i'm going to get an early night so IT WILL BE GLASTONBURY TIME SOOONER!

does anyone know what the situation re: glass bottles is? i have many many bottles & rev's just told me that they don't allow glass bottles :(

help! :(

Reading this has made me a very teeny weeny bit jealous :eek:

Hope you all have a wonderful time and that the rain holds off :)

Checklist:

1. Say hello to local bar girl joining me for tomorrow departure: DONE
2. Pickup Tarp from slacker arriving-thursday-mate: DONE
3. Give him a "pile" of Vodka, as a carry-return-favour: DONE
4. Start washing machine: NOT YET ARSED
5. Open Beer: STARTED & ONGOING
6. Charging THIRD facking mobile battery: STARTED (oh for an old school black and white phone)

oh god the list goes on...

...but tis fab. The one time a deadline and a list of things to do is a GOOD THING. :)

tastebud said:
does anyone know what the situation re: glass bottles is? i have many many bottles & rev's just told me that they don't allow glass bottles :(

help! :(

You are a sinner.

Decant! :)

Fuck I am fucking totaly fucking totaly excited tonight...... my kit is already on site. I am cycling down tomorrow.

Anyone know if there is a bike shed or if the Oxfam people do bikes in there lock ups?

Does anyone know where exactly the Glasto bound National Express coaches leave from at Victoria? Sorry for incredibly dull post!

Manmasi said:
Does anyone know where exactly the Glasto bound National Express coaches leave from at Victoria? Sorry for incredibly dull post!
There are an absolute shed load leaving to it will be different bays for each of the Buses most likely.

Sorry to be patronising but you do know how to get to Victoria coach station itself yeah (not the train station).

nope.

got tent, clothes, tickets, money, supplies, sandals, waterproofs, sleeping bag.... fully charging my phone, packed me camera, about to see about the condom and kinder egg trick ( eek)..

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggghhhhhhhhh, I'm too excited and I'm not gonna be able to sleep and I've got to be up at 4.30.

Was gonna have a little spliff so I kept a bit of gear out before I stashed it, have got baccy and no fecking rizlas.:mad:

I'm going to open a bottle of wine and try to relax.

right - thats the lot in the car. If I've forgotten anything - well, fuck it, I'll buy it onsite. Although given the amount of stuff in the car, I doubt that anything major is missing :rolleyes: .

Time for bed and up at 6:30 for the final shower and hairwash, and then off at 7:30 eta Pilton somewhere between 8-8:30 depending on traffic.

I'm real excited now........

Tort said:
Here you go

P1050111.jpg

You could always use the postal option.

just wanted to quote this pic cos it's cool

torch, toothbrush, tracky bottoms to be kept dry until monday for the coach home, lipsalve, snacks, rizla

Having just picked up my fully laiden backpack, I've officially given u all thoughts of trekking across to Dragon from the bus station. Will make the cider bus for 8pm though.

got all of them.

*snaaart*

also find myself listening to the tao-te ching. we should blunt our sharp points and unravel the complications of things and bring ourselves into agreement with the obscurity of others.

*snaaaarts*

I got sucked in by Torches on the weekend... Muggins here spent 50 quid on various fun stuff including a remote control lantern :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom