Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Far-right response to Southport Outrage And Ongoing Violent Disorder

I'm heartened that nothing seems to be happening west of Bristol, no 'protests' as yet in eg. Plymouth, Exeter or Torbay. I fear it's only a matter of time actually, there have been 'anti-migrant' protests at a hostel in Torquay in the last few months, but as yet it seems spookily quiet down here.

Let's hope I haven't just gone and jinxed it :(
Didn’t see anything in Exeter when I was there yesterday but not sure where it would have been. Torquay stuff I knew about. A number of reform types in local fb groups going on about boats but not sure it’s really organised.

Hopefully it stays that way. Not many mosques to target locally for a start.

I'm heartened that nothing seems to be happening west of Bristol, no 'protests' as yet in eg. Plymouth, Exeter or Torbay. I fear it's only a matter of time actually, there have been 'anti-migrant' protests at a hostel in Torquay in the last few months, but as yet it seems spookily quiet down here.

Let's hope I haven't just gone and jinxed it :(

I had no idea it was happening in Bristol - or, living in the BS5 bubble, that it could happen here - a harbourside event was so loud even from 2 miles away, I shut the windows and put on earphones to get to sleep.
If the music event made me aware of the passage of time since I last stayed out late, this takes me back to the 70s ... I naively hoped we'd left this behind - certainly here ...

I very much doubt there's any rioting going on that hasn't been reported somewhere.

Quite possibly, although would the prevalence of POC make London more or less of a target?

I think it's also likely that the manpower and resources of the Met is making the scum seek what they perceive as softer targets.

The central London demos are pretty much resource intensive set pieces for both the Police and far right. They can send the Met to the North like they did in the miners' strike

We'll see.... I'm not sure that what has occurred so far has been given riot status by authorities?
Exactly.
I got completely shot down for expressing this opinion to a white person that lives in the country. She was unwilling/ unable to even envisage why I might have safety concerns in considering a move to tge country side.
And not just countryside but even medium sized towns.

I live in a part of London with genuine organised fash and nothing seems to be happening at all. Local Facebook has the odd thread of pensioners moaning about Labour letting immigrants in (and they're not happy about winter fuel payments being cut) but I've only seen one person going on about the stabbings and saving kids.
Not in the last couple oof days, but a week ago this:

When used incorrectly (& they were) they killed people. The plastic round was just as lethal as the ‘bouncy’ rubber projectiles.

fyi I’m ex forces & have done tours in NI

When used incorrectly (& they were) they killed people. The plastic round was just as lethal as the ‘bouncy’ rubber projectiles.

fyi I’m ex forces & have done tours in NI
Ah, I see - let them riot unhindered, we don't want to risk harming them they're just a mob intent on murder.

The role of sanctioned genocide against Palestinians as background to this is an important topic but maybe too much of a derail for this thread. Tommy Robinson in his IDF shirt. Anti- middle Eastern racism is such a strong current in European racism and the new far right there. London having a "muslim mayor" has been reverberating around the continent for a while now etc

The role of sanctioned genocide against Palestinians as background to this is an important topic but maybe too much of a derail for this thread. Tommy Robinson in his IDF shirt. Anti- middle Eastern racism is such a strong current in European racism and the new far right there. London having a "muslim mayor" has been reverberating around the continent for a while now etc
Yep. Fash in Ireland get riled up over the sight of Palestinian flags and ongoing protests. A number of the newcomers they're beating on happen to be Palestinians, as well.

Back
Top Bottom