Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Fantasy Premier League 2022-23

Its embarrassing that a server array responsible for a game played by this many people, for a league with so much money in it, cant be scaled up to handle the pressure. Its been down so many times this afternoon.

9-0? Gotta get a good score for Mo finally.

Oh, 0 goals. Statistically there has to be a couple of assists. Wtf? 6 bloody points. A marginally better captain than C Gallagher I suppose.

NINE goals and not a single attacking return for Salah! :eek:

The Haaland owners really stole a march over us Salah owners today, although think that was already the case before now, anyway.

He was in my pre-season squad for so long before I decided to get rid of him :facepalm: :( :D

And yet, even now I'm thinking "he's started 4 weeks in a row, and fixture congestion is incoming, so maybe it wouldn't actually be a good idea to bring him in at this point :hmm: " :oops: :D :D

Mark Sutherns, original creator of fantasy football scout and these days of the youtube show fpl black box is doing the 'match of the day challenge' today. Where they dont look at any of the results and then find out what happened when streaming tonight while watching match of the day. He started the season without Salah, but after ending up with even less points than me after the first three weeks decided to play his wildcard (just to be clear, he doesnt know me or care about my score, its me looking at it from that angle). He used it to give up on his no Salah plan and bring him in and captain him. And neither he nor his co-host Az have Haaland, they both have De Bruyne instead, and Mark only just made that switch this week.

He also started the season without Jesus but has now brought him in. But he sold Diaz.

I will be watching the spectacle.

Last edited:
Mark Sutherns.......

He also benched Mitrovic.

I've got Mitrovic, and not for a moment did I consider benching him. I benched Zinchenko instead, which didnt make any difference in the end since he is absent through injury.

Odegard, Saka, Mitrovic :D just need Jesus to step up now. Not sure I should have so many Arsenal players might have to swap one out, but they've been consistent so far.

I'm a week behind and have scored below average on the two weeks I have been in.

This week I did two transfers but put Firminho on the bench :facepalm: I do have two players still to play tomorrow, but still not holding out much hope at being above average this week.

Kieran, now's not the time for fucking team cohesion! I need you to be selfish and take every opportunity to get a goal or assist that you can!

1661698847085.png

Fuck's sake, man :mad:

hmm

think i'm going to give it another week* before i might do the wildcard and a major re-structure

last year, forwards were not worth that much effort, more of the points seemed to come from midfield and defenders.

think it's coming down to fergie time in my H2H match this week - not sure all the bonus points and automatic substitutions are in yet

* and there's a full set of midweek games this week, so deadline's tuesday tea time

I'm hoping to hold onto my first wildcard until GW8/9, as I like to use them in international breaks when you've got a bit more time to tinker and also can react to whatever fallout there is from international duty.

Not convinced I'll make it, though... :hmm:

I have two out injured, one suspended, two who are just shit and Cancelo. The latter should be good, but has managed a single point in the last two rounds. I suspect wildcard will be essential

When I totally messed up by playing my wildcard badly in gameweek 2, I lost 25 points straight away that week compared to if Id done nothing, But in 3 weeks my wildcard goalkeeper change from Ward to Sanchez has already been worth 19 points, so at least I got something out of that wildcard, and I also managed to claw my way back up a little over a million places this week.

I'm still tinkering with my team though and will likely spend 4 points on transfers again.

The role of Cancelo in the team has changed so far this season and so I took a gamble last week that he isnt worth his price this year, and that more can be achieved by taking that money out of defence and spending it elsewhere. But it was easier for me to take that gamble on a week where I didnt think they would keep a clean cheet due to playing Crystal Palace, some weeks it wont be such an easy move to live with without fear.

James sounding like he is out has forced me into spending 8 points again, doh, since I had other problems in defence too.

I thought I captained Haaland but looks like I didn't save it. My h2h opponent has him triple-capped, so fingers crossed he's benched this week :D Vice is a keeper :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom