Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Fantasy Premier League 2022-23

Still not entirely clear on the game mechanics reasoning for why you only get half the 'profit' when selling a player.

Probably to somewhat reduce volatility/pace of transfers by limiting the level of encouragement that the system gives for people to hop off players at the earliest opportunity without consequence in terms of then having to pay more than you sold them for if you decide to get them back again. It will encourage people to stick with some players for a bit longer than they otherwise would.

It also slows the extent to which someone like me ends up with a clear advantage later in the season when it comes to what team I can afford compared to others that dont do as many transfers and early transfers or deliberately try to build team value like I do. Most seasons, by the second half of the season I end up with a team that is obviously worth more than many of the people Im competing with, and I think it would be a serious imbalance to the game if I could make that difference even more extreme without spending even more points on transfers.

Obviously there are other ways they could achieve similar results. And Im not really a huge fan of the opaque nature of price changes, especially when I think about what the game is like to play for people who are new to it or have less time to faff around discovering info. At the very least they should really give indications of imminent price rises and falls on their own website, rather than giving people like me an advantage because I happen to know what 3rd party website to look at and how to interpret the other sites price change predictions. I wouldnt ditch price changes completely, it brings an extra dimension to the game that offers people a different way to play, different sense of priorities and risk/reward when weighing up decisions and timing, and a way for the season to evolve, increasing the sense of it being a proper marathon rather than a series of weekly sprints. But they could certainly simplify it or at least provide all the useful price change clues themselves.

Last edited:
They're gonna have to stop it being unavailable just before the deadline when someone say has the last minute notion than Perisic is likely to outscore Walker thus week BUT CAN'T FUCKING SWAP THEM

Thought id give young Hickey a run out & benched Trippier. Subbed after 59 minutes. Have some managers not heard of Fantasy Football!!

Its a shame I didnt stick to my guns when I was saying that I was not at all convinced by going really big at the back. Instead I've flip-flopped over that, shifting more money into defence after the season began, and now shifting some out again. This last week was an easy week to tell a story of big at the backs failures, but next gameweek could be the opposite for all I know. Oh well I've pressed the button and ditched Cancelo!

And now we are about to enter the period where the schedule is a bit silly, so many important teams will be playing twice a week. At least some rotation risks may help shake up the stale template. Haaland is an obvious example because of Peps comments about him only playing once a week, but there will no doubt be others.

Right now I've convinced myself that I wont need to do too many more transfers in the weeks ahead, any may even soon be able to go a few weeks without spending points on transfers, but if my track record is anything to go by those beliefs will turn out to be misplaced. So far for this coming week I've already spent 4 points on transfers, hopefully I wont need to do another one as I didnt really enjoy spending 8 points last week, and have a lot of catching up to do in terms of total points and rank.

And now we are about to enter the period where the schedule is a bit silly, so many important teams will be playing twice a week. At least some rotation risks may help shake up the stale template. Haaland is an obvious example because of Peps comments about him only playing once a week, but there will no doubt be others.
Aye, tbh I'm really quite wary of time management at the top clubs, to the point with City specifically where I just haven't bothered with any of them.

Will certainly be having a serious look at options in teams with a slightly lighter schedule, with the added possibility that it might free up some cash to play with.

Shit week, 21 points on the bench but still top of H2H and one of the U75 leagues.

Which is the important U75 League?

I've done quite well out of it courtesy of TAA and Diaz, but 4 first half goals and not a single involvement for Salah (who I imagine is captain for many, incl. me) is peak FPL trolling.

I think for the first two he played the pass before the assist, too.

I cant say my week is going amazingly so far but Im at least feeling smug that I decided to sell my Man City defender, Cancelo, and not TAA like so many managers apparently did this week. Not that anyone I actually know and am actively competing with lacks TAA.

The boring template nature of fantasy teams so far this season is seriously at odds with the rather unusual results and interesting football games so far.

Back
Top Bottom