Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Fantasy Premier League 2022-23

Sure, but I'm just thinking the game might short circuit either way, as it's still 4 players from the same team in the squad, which in theory isn't allowed, playing or not.

Could well be that nothing happens, just curious as to whether anything will.

Sure, but I'm just thinking the game might short circuit either way, as it's still 4 players from the same team in the squad, which in theory isn't allowed, playing or not.

Could well be that nothing happens, just curious as to whether anything will.
I've never been in that position. I guess I've sort of assumed that it will force someone in that situation to fix it as soon as they next go to make a transfer. I suppose I'd rather do that before the season starts, ie before every transfer counts in terms of the free transfer per week/other transfers costing 4 points each.

I've never been in that position. I guess I've sort of assumed that it will force someone in that situation to fix it as soon as they next go to make a transfer. I suppose I'd rather do that before the season starts, ie before every transfer counts in terms of the free transfer per week/other transfers costing 4 points each.

yes - think it happened to me one year and i had to transfer one of the four out

I'm a league one supporter and haven't done a fantasy league for about 12 years but people at my work have started one for the first time so I'm in again.

Thought about it as the game started tonight so Ive missed the deadline for this week so am going to be a week behind no matter what!

Getting the excuses in!

Might have to actually start paying attention to players in the prem now.

YES ZINCHENKOOOOOOOOO.

Shall we just call the league now, folks? No need to stress ourselves out, we've all got things we can be getting on with...

I thought Darwin would be a better bet than Diaz, and that Mitrovic would have goals in him this season. Shame I didnt have the confidence to explore those options for this opening gameweek though, with the only initial influence of this opinion being me not bothering with Diaz or using my 3rd Liverpool slot on Robertson. I can smell immiment transfer points spending for me already.

I get the impression that I'll go from not wanting forwards last season to wanting more than 3 forward slots this season.

Not a bad GW, though Salah and Zinchenko doing a lot of the heavy lifting.

Left hoping Ward saves a couple of penalties or something, but basically about clinging on at this point. Got a 20 point buffer in the H2H, but that could be easily made with the three left t play, including a captained Haaland.

Well, we've begun!

Unless something odd happens today it seems very likely I'll have transferred Darwin in before the day ends.

Not yet clear whether I'll end up spending 4,8 or even 12 points on transfers this time. That will come down to likely price rises/falls and how Man City do today.

Man Utd losing didnt count as something odd happening. Nor was my cheapo Leicester goalkeeper conceding two goals.

What I dont want to happen in the final game is for me to be scared into having to get Cancelo in for next week. I want to be able to add to my Man City players by going for the likes of Foden instead.

Haaland, Mitrovic and Zinchenko have gone up in price, Kane has fallen.

I'm being even more aggressive than usual with chasing early price changes, since this season looks incredibly competitive, so I'm pushing my usual style of play to its very limit and have already activated my first wildcard.

Haaland, Mitrovic... have gone up in price
Fuck it. Knew the latter would after that performance, but was really hoping Haaland's large ownership might mean the price rises were slower as it took more buys to hit the threshhold.

Already bloody chasing... :facepalm:

Not going to bite this GW, feel like I should at least make a fist of sticking to the pre-GW1 theory.

I'm being even more aggressive than usual with chasing early price changes, since this season looks incredibly competitive, so I'm pushing my usual style of play to its very limit and have already activated my first wildcard.
:eek: Blimey!

I know we've effectively got an 'extra wildcard' thanks to the World Cup break, but even then that's pretty bold! Would have thought most would want at least one or two more weeks to get a feel for which players/teams are firing before deploying the early wildcard.

More power to you though, and best of luck :thumbs:

As I say, only one week, but it does feel like things are a little more varied this season, with quite a bit more variation in squads, even if there is still something of a template team. Just feels like there's a higher number of possible/tempting options to try and fit into any template this time round. There are template players, but not quite so much a template squad, maybe?

Most will indeed wait, with lots of wildcards probably ending up in play somewhere between weeks 3 or 4 and weeks 8 or 9.

But in the cold light of day now that I've checked my history, my early leap is not too unusual or extra-aggressive for me; turns out I've played my wildcard in gameweek 2 on 3 out of 7 previous seasons, in week 3 on two occasions, and week 4 last season. And I did all of those with no extra world cup wildcard, so I've not shocked myself by giving into the temptation to do it so early this time too.

I dont really recommend this approach for everyone else, but it becomes somewhat inevitable for me because I end up being highly focussed on price changes, especially in the first third of the season. And I usually convince myself that even a tiny shift in prices will stop me being happy with what I can do with every slot in my team, and then the next thing I know I've pressed the button!

Mitrovic early price rise and love of Darwin means that I've somehow ended up without Jesus in my current wildcard team. I wonder if I will find a way to get him back before the deadline, risky to go without! But then again his ridiculously high ownership makes that slot very very boring if I stick with him, maybe I can afford to bet against him for at least a few weeks, but no surprise if that idea really blows up in my face.

Quite happy with that start, although when i got rid of Gallagher, i did have a look at a couple of Brighton midfielders before thinking that Rodri was a safer bet. Hopefully he will be in the long term.

Back
Top Bottom