Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Fantasy Premier League 2022-23

meh

i still expect many of my squad to get injured in the pre-match warm-up, another few to fall out with their manager and / or get a transfer out of the english game within the next week or two...

Oh aye. Remember, me leaving out Haaland guarantees him a hat trick
I sometimes like to imagine there's celestial bean counters somewhere, tallying up how many superstitions have been satisfied, how many people are tempting fate, etc in order to determine what outcome should occur.

"Yeah, that goal almost didn't happen, but then Alice forgot to touch her nose in the 78th minute, and that sealed it"

Interesting read. Seems premium strikers offer poor value, but premium midfielders the opposite. Of course this is on paper, and we don't play on paper

I like how in the GK, DEF and FWD lists they just go with 'fodder'; can't even be bothered to name a player for that last spot, doesn't even matter :D

Experimentally speaking I've got a passable team together with TAA, Son, Salah, Haaland & Jesus, plus defenders from City, Arsenal and Spurs. Whether I dare have half my team risky budget players is highly debatable, in fact I'll probably be debating it all day lol

Once again, it's not just wanting more money, but more spaces in certain positions.

Following in the footsteps of greats like Wenger and Pep (and the majority of FPL managers, probably :D), I just want to pack my squad with midfielders :(

Once again, it's not just wanting more money, but more spaces in certain positions.

Following in the footsteps of greats like Wenger and Pep (and the majority of FPL managers, probably :D), I just want to pack my squad with midfielders :(
Yeah. I just can't make a strong enough argument against going defence-heavy though. Trent, Cancelo, James and possibly Perisic should all get close enough in points to all midfielders barring Son, Mo and KDB for far less. I'm only lining up with 4 not 5 as I'm not sure Perisic will be risked against Southampton having had a sketchy pre-season and Neto is a nailed on starter for Wolves in a game against Leeds who shipped loads of goals last season and have since lost their best two players.

Press conference comments have cemented the risky Leicester goalkeeper budget approach:

On his replacement, he added: "I’ve always said Ward is a number one, Iversen has gone away and done well. I don’t feel like I need to look outside for a new goalkeeper."

Yeah, but Leicester let in 59 and had only 7 clean sheets last season even with Schmeichel in goal.
Im not planning on sticking with it for the whole season or likely very long at all, I always wildcard early and this time I'm in tune with more people on that front due to the need to use the first wildcard earlier due to the free world cup bonus wildcard. So I may as well take the risk in order to unlock funds for my initial team, until it is clearer who the real optimum candidates are once we've seen plenty of games.

Plus Im finding it an easy decision to make because I dont yet have other goalkeepers in mind that excite me. So I may as well make use of this cheap goalkeeper gift.

At this point getting a cheaper goalie wouldn't lead to a better lineup than what I have. It's boring but Ederson is a set and forget keeper/Man City points and appearance certainty.

I'm going for Raya as my main goalie, he's a brilliant keeper (he was injured for a fair chunk of last season) and the Bees have shored up the defence with Ben Mee and Aaron Hickey joining + when Ayer and Pinnock are fit it should be a formidable defence. He's only 4.5m.

I see there is a broadcasters league we've been added to for the UK this season, Sky for us around this part of the world. I think this has existed for other regions well before now. I've not watched any Sky football coverage this season yet, are Sky now also going on about the official fantasy football game these days, Im assuming they've leapt on board in a way they had previously not?

I see there is a broadcasters league we've been added to for the UK this season, Sky for us around this part of the world. I think this has existed for other regions well before now. I've not watched any Sky football coverage this season yet, are Sky now also going on about the official fantasy football game these days, Im assuming they've leapt on board in a way they had previously not?
Yeah, I noticed that yesterday! The fuck?! Did I not like that, not at all...

Also, I was pretty sure they had their own game :confused:

Also, you're all bastards with your Ward and Neto and Raya talk, I was just about settled on my team :mad: :( :(

Iiiiinteresting. Andy on Let's Talk FPL isn't revealing his full team until post-deadline. Know Dan on FPLMate was (understandably) a bit pissed off by viewers who just copied his every move, and copped some stick at the end of last season for not revealing his transfer(s) until after the deadline. Fair enough if you ask me, I think.

1659716183598.png

Looks very similar to mine but I've never heard of him let alone copied him.
Theres a rough template that is likely incredibly strong for the start of this season, partly due to the favourable pricing of key players and how obvious many of the picks are.

I havent been able to stray hugely far from that core template myself, but its still one of the reasons I am taking some particular risks in order to at least go for the 'threemium' version rather than the more common 2 premiums and totally loaded defence.

Iiiiinteresting. Andy on Let's Talk FPL isn't revealing his full team until post-deadline. Know Dan on FPLMate was (understandably) a bit pissed off by viewers who just copied his every move, and copped some stick at the end of last season for not revealing his transfer(s) until after the deadline. Fair enough if you ask me, I think.
I dont really care what content creators choose to do in that regard, I just get distracted by thoughts of how little fun I would have in playing the game if I wanted to copy every move someone else was making.

I prefer the opposite, where the most fun I have is in taking a risk or spotting and bringing in a player early before they are on most peoples radars. But thats getting increasingly hard to do due to the number of engaged managers and sheer quantity of content thats out there these days.

i can't get the site to save my final selection ...
Using the app or just the normal website in a browser? Its still working for me using the website, although I havent tried making any transfers today, just fiddled around with order of people on the bench etc.

The app is apaprently notoriously flaky at times so I havent tried using it for some years now.

View attachment 336135
Hahaha. Get over yourself.

(I mean "Andy", not you ;))

Using the app or just the normal website in a browser? Its still working for me using the website, although I havent tried making any transfers today, just fiddled around with order of people on the bench etc.

The app is apaprently notoriously flaky at times so I havent tried using it for some years now.

on mobile / smart phone

seems to have got sorted now

Back
Top Bottom