Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Fantasy Premier League 2022-23

Forgot to play my bench boost :facepalm:

Didn't matter 'cause my bench was full o' shite :thumbs:

Means I'm going to end the season without having played one of my chips, as I still have all three non-WC chips left... :D

Free hit in the last week does make a lot of sense, there might be early team news and everyone plays at the same time (as long as there are no bomb scares)

triple bloody captain bloody haaland had bloody well better get more bloody minutes and a few bloody goals midweek...

hmph

(although the team i'm against in the H2H seems to be having an even worse week and has still got toney as captain...)

fucking hell, I must have been drunk on Friday night. Apparently I bought Sancho and I never buy ManU players. Seems to have worked out though.

Had a terrible season, one of my worst since i started taking part. Squad rotaion and managers constantly tinkering makes the whole thing a lot tougher and less fun.

First season for me and pleased with the result (though nothing at all like yours Charles Ufarley !).

Final week I got a 17.19% rise, went from Haaland to Kane but couldn't bring myself to captain him so stuck with Rashford, I also decided at the last minute to not sell Jota.

Since the World Cup it has been a great ride, going from 3.7m to 391k

Since the World Cup it has been a great ride, going from 3.7m to 391k

Similar sort of story here, demonstrating yet again that there is loads of potential to make significant gains in the 2nd half of the season.

I kept dipping as low as 3.5 million earlier in the season, 3.18 million in GW18 and finished at 349,259.

They did a 'second chance' league this season, which counted points from GW17 onwards, and I'd be interested to hear where people finished up on that one. 138,507 here, so even disregarding my dismal first part of the season I still didnt make the top 100k.

This season featured the most points I ever got, and my best comeback, but I didnt win any mini leagues and it was certainly not my best overall rank. I did especially badly in head to head games, plenty of people who got 150+ points less than me overall finished higher than me in those leagues.

It wasnt a fun season overall but there was still fleeting fun to be had on occasion: a bunch of weeks with over 100 points, got some differential players in at just the right time which always feels like a triumph, captained Wilson, TC'd Rashford etc. I just hope for more variety between fantasy teams next season.

Similar sort of story here, demonstrating yet again that there is loads of potential to make significant gains in the 2nd half of the season.

I kept dipping as low as 3.5 million earlier in the season, 3.18 million in GW18 and finished at 349,259.

They did a 'second chance' league this season, which counted points from GW17 onwards, and I'd be interested to hear where people finished up on that one. 138,507 here, so even disregarding my dismal first part of the season I still didnt make the top 100k.

This season featured the most points I ever got, and my best comeback, but I didnt win any mini leagues and it was certainly not my best overall rank. I did especially badly in head to head games, plenty of people who got 150+ points less than me overall finished higher than me in those leagues.

It wasnt a fun season overall but there was still fleeting fun to be had on occasion: a bunch of weeks with over 100 points, got some differential players in at just the right time which always feels like a triumph, captained Wilson, TC'd Rashford etc. I just hope for more variety between fantasy teams next season.
Yeah there have been some huge hauls this season, more 100+ than I can remember, and I received my highest points tally too, after 14 years of playing and several seasons finishing well higher than this year e.g. 22-23 ended on 2559 points, 46K OR; 19-20, 2339, 18K OR; 14-15, 2182, 13K OR; 12-13, 2337, 370 OR. Obviously down to more FPL players but also some thumping hauls this year. Would be interesting to see the points comparisons with other seasons if it's out there?

Like you I was really in the doldrums at certain points. I came 11,811 in the Second Chance league, which does sum up my season, being well outside the top 1m around World Cup time. Marathon, sprint and all that.

Second Chance league I came in 78,957th

I'm enjoying all the tools and analysis available, such as the "What if" things

I'm fairly sure the high points on offer this season were some combination of things like:

Haalands big hauls, including how often we captained him for those.

The amount of double-gameweek opportunities being available as a result of the queens death outweighing the points lost from nobody playing in GW7.

Successful use of the triple captain chip, eg via Rashford.

Certain key players doing well for big stretches of the season, eg various Arsenal players, Trippier earlier in the season, Kanes consistency, other players in forward slots doing better than in other recent seasons.

Generous player pricing helped everyone too, especially when combined with Newcastle, Arsenal, Brighton etc bargains who performed.

Yeah, I lucked out with captaining Rashford a few times, including triple and against Haaland dud weeks. Also keeping the faith with Martinelli, early March adoption and getting the Wilson captain haul a few weeks ago.

ded9d9864221dbefe955de53d2d8ee5e.jpg

Its the first 20 prices (one player from each club) revealed for an hour from 1pm Monday, and then clubs revealing other prices in the subsequent hours and few days.

I found it too stressful and confusing this season due to the weird fixtures, double gameweeks, Haaland, Friday night fixtures, the website not working when I needed to make changes. Just too much to keep on top of. I don't feel the satisfaction of a good week outweighs the frustration of a bad one, especially as the ratio of the former to the latter is probably 1:3 for me.

By far the most fun part is picking the team in the first place. I think I barely engaged with the game after the WC.

I've already had my best week of the season so far, so feels a bit churlish to be whinging, but boy did I get the order of my bench wrong...

1693687046237.png

Wilson ruining Brighton's clean sheet in the 92nd minute didn't go down well, either :mad:

Back
Top Bottom