Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Fantasy Premier League 2022-23

Apparently no one around here likes a bit of quality competition :thumbs:

That league was specifically setup because loads of people that we didnt know on this forum, that were not part of the wider forum community around these parts, had joined the original league by getting hold of the code. So we setup an additional one where we would be more careful about who we shared the league code with.

Urban75 is not a fantasy football community, its a community about other things which people joined for other reasons unrelated to fantasy football. Where some small fraction of its members just happened to play that game too and enjoy talking about it and competing in some minileagues. You might very well be the only person in the entire history of this place that seems to have signed up to the forum specifically and only to talk about this game and ask for a league code. You've made 3 posts and all of them are in this thread. Please dont take that as a criticism, I do not mean to be rude to you, I am just trying to explain the background, and that we have never had to deal with this situation before. This is uncharted territory for all of us, and there is no single person in charge so who knows what will happen next.

Turns out I was wrong, you are the second person. Because I just noticed that Seymour Butts , who also asked for that league code the other day, has also only ever posted on the fantasy football threads here, not in any other part of the forum. But admittedly they've now been doing so for rather a long time.

That league was specifically setup because loads of people that we didnt know on this forum, that were not part of the wider forum community around these parts, had joined the original league by getting hold of the code. So we setup an additional one where we would be more careful about who we shared the league code with.

Urban75 is not a fantasy football community, its a community about other things which people joined for other reasons unrelated to fantasy football. Where some small fraction of its members just happened to play that game too and enjoy talking about it and competing in some minileagues. You might very well be the only person in the entire history of this place that seems to have signed up to the forum specifically and only to talk about this game and ask for a league code. You've made 3 posts and all of them are in this thread. Please dont take that as a criticism, I do not mean to be rude to you, I am just trying to explain the background, and that we have never had to deal with this situation before. This is uncharted territory for all of us, and there is no single person in charge so who knows what will happen next.
That's all fair enough. I found a link to here when I googled something about FPL and liked the forum and the people in it so stayed. Don't know if its the same for Seymour or not. It would be nice to compete against other ppl here in the league.

Ha ha Haaland starts and De Bruyne benched.

I got Gundogan in too so hope he does something, Foden also starts, and Álvarez.

That's all fair enough. I found a link to here when I googled something about FPL and liked the forum and the people in it so stayed. Don't know if its the same for Seymour or not. It would be nice to compete against other ppl here in the league.
Well its a much better situation than I often suspected would be the fate of this place, that I'd completely kill off the fantasy football threads here by boring everyone to death about how many points I spend on transfers all the bloody time.

hmm

think i'm going to give it another week* before i might do the wildcard and a major re-structure

last year, forwards were not worth that much effort, more of the points seemed to come from midfield and defenders.

think it's coming down to fergie time in my H2H match this week - not sure all the bonus points and automatic substitutions are in yet

* and there's a full set of midweek games this week, so deadline's tuesday tea time

bugger

Who doesn't have Haaland captained? Or, I guess the bigger point is, who won't have him captained every game from now on?

Turns out I was wrong, you are the second person. Because I just noticed that Seymour Butts , who also asked for that league code the other day, has also only ever posted on the fantasy football threads here, not in any other part of the forum. But admittedly they've now been doing so for rather a long time.
I was only responding to Hazardous Mata. It isn't really that big of a deal.

Just looked at my 82 points would normally be enough to triumph , only one team got 83, your fucking team ffs
The H2H can be really cruel like that.

Had a run last season where for something like the first 4/5 gameweeks my opponent was always one of, at most, three teams who outscored me for that particular week :(

Hadn't factored that in #phew!

But , aren't we both winners? Isn't football... the winner ?
Ackshully, I think I have the moral victory. You triple-captained the highest-scoring player in the game, and still had to rely on your bench for a measly one point win :thumbs:

#BitterAsFuck :bigeyes:

What will really piss me off is if Ward gets more than 1 point tonight. I transferred Iverson for Sanchez, so of course Sanchez gets his first blank. And now I have only Ward on the bench to play, who is surely going to get his first non-blank, just to rub it in :mad:

Ackshully, I think I have the moral victory. You triple-captained the highest-scoring player in the game, and still had to rely on your bench for a measly one point win :thumbs:

#BitterAsFuck :bigeyes:

What will really piss me off is if Ward gets more than 1 point tonight. I transferred Iverson for Sanchez, so of course Sanchez gets his first blank. And now I have only Ward on the bench to play, who is surely going to get his first non-blank, just to rub it in :mad:
I'm a moral vacuum

Back
Top Bottom