Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Fantasy Premier League 2022-23

A hilarious wildcard and benching disaster here that left me with my lowest score of the season and 26 points worse off than I would have been without the wildcard. Never mind, the wildcard might still be a success if the next 3 weeks go better than that one did.

Cheers for asking. So far yes, the wildcard is starting to get positive results, but have to wait till the midweek games to really judge this week properly. Inevitably lost out a bit by benching Martinelli but I am quite relaxed about dodgy benching decisions during this period.

Liverpool going crap again and Salah missing a penalty reversed some of the damage done the previous week.

Time to sell Haaland for a few weeks!

hmm

i have 6 outfield players and 2 goalkeepers for the coming weekend. think this may be free hit time...
I did my free hit a couple of weeks ago when I had 9 player out. Only have 6 out this time, but only have one free transfer.

OK, so had one of my best weeks with 8 players or something. This game is bullshit.
I had nine, in the end. Also missed the deadline so didn’t get anyone in for the brightonians. Still managed to end up on 47 points, largely thanks to Jensen ending up as my captain.

A bad week. Not great use of my wildcard and no longer top of the H2H after what seemed like forever. A good few months anyway.

Congrats on your 1 point win elbows :mad:

Cheers, I wasnt going to mention it since I could feel your pain, given the way I staggered ahead at the final, somewhat implausible, opportunity. You got shafted by the difficulties in establishing which Arsenal players would hit the jackpot on any given week.

Its probably time for my bench boost given the number of teams that double and the attractive fixtures for the few I have that dont double.

I'm sort of enjoying the challenging nature of this season, but I'm really not enjoying the fact that nearly all my moves and timing of cards are the same as the template moves all the content creators are coming up with. I have more fun when I can be different with at least a few players in my team, but its been hard to find suitable candidates this season, the template is so strong.

After a somewhat underwhelming weekend, things finally started living up to my hopes on Tuesday, yay.

There arent going to be all that many player picks I look back on with fond memories this season. But Mitoma qualifies over a prolonged period for me, he salvaged my opinion of this season, as did Saka. It looks like I'll mostly have to savour briefer periods of joy in order to add others to this list, eg Watkins this week, a few weeks where I picked exactly the right time to get Mahrez, Rashford as triple captain. It would be nice if Bruno Fernandes could do something on Wednesday, since both times I played him previously this season he got me 12 points.

It would be nice if Bruno Fernandes could do something on Wednesday, since both times I played him previously this season he got me 12 points.
Such a flop. I feel for those who took a hit to bring him in for the DGW, although United have gone off the boil recently.

Such a flop. I feel for those who took a hit to bring him in for the DGW, although United have gone off the boil recently.
I'm tempted to risk shooting myself in the foot by moving him on. But even if I can live without him this weekend, Casemiro is back the week after when they face Nottingham Forest.

I'm tempted to risk shooting myself in the foot by moving him on. But even if I can live without him this weekend, Casemiro is back the week after when they face Nottingham Forest.
If you already have him, it would make sense to hold him for vs. Everton.

First season playing official FPL (not done fantasy football since Telegraph in the early 00s) and finally broke into top 1 million this week with a 35% rise.

With Casemiro back, he should play further forward.
Thats the hope. Eriksen back too. Rashford situation introduces further unknowns.

Anyway this weeks benching was a success because I did it so that I could buy and play Grealish (modified my original version of this plan, temporarily sold a Brighton midfielder rather than Fernandes).

Back
Top Bottom