Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Fantasy Premier League 2022-23

So far it been one of those weeks where I was relieved to see that although I didnt fare well against individuals I was paying attention to, and my H2H opponents, when I looked at the grand scheme of things I've still got a nice green arrow in overall rankings.

I'll be glad of the break. Apparently player prices are now frozen too, with last night being the final night of changes via transfers that were made before yesterdays gameweek deadline.

Oh it was the start of the cup in the overall game too. I've got a reasonably high chance of making it through to the next cup round.

My reasonably high team value means that if I put up with just having Ward as a playing goalkeeper, and decimate the spare slots in my defence, I can afford the following core team for after the world cup with no money spare:

Ward, Trippier, Robertson, Saliba, Salah, Saka, Summerville, Trossard, Almiron, Darwin, Haaland, Kane.

But of course something will probably happen over the world cup that spoils that particular setup. And its still questionable as to whether I need to push it to that extreme, eg is Saka really worth the extra money compared to Martinelli (or for example Rashford).

My brother (who has nothing to do with u75) played his game well in recent weeks. He managed to own Salah, De Bruyne, Kane and Haaland at the same time, and the compromises he made to achieve that worked out well due to the failure of most expensive defenders to perform, and the fact he brought in Summerville as a cheap enabler. He managed this despite having very poor team value.

Outrageously close in both my h2h & cup matches this week. I think I’m winning the h2h by one point and we’re tied 44-44 in the cup, both of us having scored twice as well. I’ll be well annoyed if I go out on a virtual toss up

A really strong template has emerged online, I hope that when we find out everyones teams that plenty have been a bit different in at least a few slots.

A really strong template has emerged online, I hope that when we find out everyones teams that plenty have been a bit different in at least a few slots.
I think I've put Kane in my team, which breaks a lifelong rule, but I feel like he could use a boost after he destroyed the hopes and dreams of a nation.

So now you can't change anything 90 mins before kickoff. They claim. I couldn't do anything from 2 mins to 11. Why do a deadline then not stick to it? Load of old shit.

They've had trouble all season really close to deadline.
Yeah, there's been some pretty chaotic moments. Ever expanding user-base combined with a few crunch scenarios ("is Haaland playing?!", etc).

From the little I've caught, some chat about the back-end basically running on code/systems that is about as old as the game itself. Whether true or not (and uncertain how much that'd actually impact ability to deal with a mass influx of users), certainly hope they'll update things for next season.

Back
Top Bottom