Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Fantasy Premier League 2021-22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, pissing hell. I was all smug for benching Shaw, but I've just realised he'll probably come on because Barnes didn't play.

I'm going to lose a bloody point thanks to a sub coming on :mad: :(

Yesterday was quite hilarious.

I've already spent 4 points for the coming week by bringing in Foden and Mount. If the Vardy injury keeps him out for a bit then I will pull an 8 or 12 pointer and will have a team that briefly enthrals me on paper until they actually play :D

Now that my goalkeeper is out for many months after I'd already spent 4 points on transfers, I can well imagine ending up spending at least 12 points on transfers this week, oops.

Not sure I can recall this status for a player before (Christensen) - "Dental Problem - 75% chance of playing"

But perhaps I missed this status being applied to Suarez in the past.

I've avoided other injury related transfers so I won't end up spending 12 points on transfers, but as a result I've only got exactly 4.5 million for a replacement goalkeeper. The options aren't inspiring especially given this weeks fixtures. Almost tempted to go without a goalkeeper this week, especially as I've already spent 4 points on transfers doing other things. But probably I will spend another 4, but I can tell this move won't be fun as I'm even having to consider the Norwich keeper.

A horror show for halloween weekend.

I'm actually surviving against everyone else so far despite the 8 point hit but the problem is I only have one player left.

Shaw to James is worth a -4, riiiiiiiiight? :hmm:

Not sure James will continue his form against Burnley, but more confident he'll get something from that than Shaw will against City.

Well even if it doesnt turn out to be worth it this week, you'll probably find it worthwhile over a longer period of time, I know which one I'd rather see in my team every week! Just make sure you have a suitable bench to cope with rotation risks.

There are many different sorts of mistakes I make in this game, and most of them dont end up bothering me all that much. Poor bench decisions always sting though, what was I doing benching Cancelo?

I'm not enjoying this season much because I've hardly managed to bring in any players who have done anything whilst then I owned them, which is where most of the fun is for me. I cant think of a season that has frustrated me so much, if it was always like this then I would have given it up years ago! I should have mixed feelings give that in some ways it was still my best start to the season and I've been very lucky in the H2H, but no, I dont have mixed feelings, just feelings of not enjoying this season at all.

Admittedly I have made this post too soon today, but the way things have been I dont really imagine my luck changing in the next few hours, and it really needs to!

At least the gameweeks arent hideously drawn out over many days like they were during the worst of the pandemic. If those never ending gameweeks had featured this bad a timing with my transfers then I really might have quit.

I should have been sacked like the quarter of prem managers that have been relieved of their duties so far this season. But I brought in Smith Rowe this week so I think the board inside my mind will let me continue in my post.

I should have been sacked like the quarter of prem managers that have been relieved of their duties so far this season. But I brought in Smith Rowe this week so I think the board inside my mind will let me continue in my post.
He was one of my lost transfers this week :(

TAA allows me to go into the international break with a smile on my face! What a rollercoaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom